ICW: In Your Gaff! + Old Skool Rave After Party

MarkDallas

Aye, they look brilliant. They look even better on the posters. Was walking around the west end of Glasgow and they were all over the shop. The more to be announced bit is intriguing. Although that might be on the night. I don't mind. The impromptu matches have always been a highlight of ICW.

Classic Defense or Grand Slam at The Classic Grand?

579907_10151159699355620_206968150619_13440296_1854543613_n.jpg

B.T Gunn puts his Heavyweight title on the line against Lionheart this Sunday night in Glasgow city center! Can B.T make it a clean sweep of remaining ex-Gold Label members defeated or will Lionheart become the first man to win 4 Heavyweight title in seperate Scottish promotions?

The Tag title tourney rolls forward with the debut of The Models as the go up against the allways outspoken William Grange and Dickie Divers of The S.T.I's and the massive match up between one of the most decorated tag teams in the history of Scottish wrestling T2K who take on ICW's beloved resident ned's The Bucky Boys alongide the The Mouth of the South(side) The Wee Man!

In what some would call a dream match the four best young wrestlers in Scotland today go toe to toe for Noam Dar's ICW Zero-G Championship. Andy Wild was left to fend for himself last month as tag partner Noam abandoned him mid match. That time The Coffeys were victorious but now Mark Coffey and Joe Coffey will be opponents in this massive 4 way match.

German psycho Bad Bones returns to ICW to take on the allways bizzare Mikey Whiplash! Can Whiplash steal the show again against one of the best wrestling in Europe?

Cj Banks also returns on Sunday to tear it up with with one of ICWs finest Jack Jester. Also with the goings on last month with Whiplash and Jester getting involved in each others matches things could get out of hand very quickly at The Classic.

Chris Renfrew is out for revenge against turncoat Jonathan Starr who will no doubt be flanked Sports agent to the stars James R.Kennedy, The massive Mr. Alfred Lister and Teen Sensation Christopher.

All this and much more still to be announced...

With music from Senzafine.

After party in a old skool rave featuring sets from Div(fae Psyko Dalek) and making his return to DJing, with his last gig being at ReZ 13 years ago DJ Skully!

Tickets on sale at www.InsaneWrestling.co.uk, The Bay(142 West Regent Street) and The Solid Rock. Also on sale at the door, tickets selling fast!

That footage is amazing. Utterly utterly amazing. The pop when the other ref comes out is unreal. Disappointed it didn't catch the Jam heel turn which sent the place mental.

This show is just incredible on paper though, and that main event is the killer. The Classic Grand is an amazing venue and the place will be RABID for the main event. However, I reckon the hottest crowd will be for the T2K vs. Bucky Boys match. The fact that it's the Buckys might be enough on it's own, but they're facing Wolfgang and James Scott is just the icing on the cake.

Right, memory of results is still hazy, but I've recovered enough to give thoughts.

* Opening six man, as I said, was the best match on the show and a joy to watch. OfCom are pretty over and it helped us forget all about the "Slipknot juniors" on downstairs. Mossy got us into things by launching Feerick into the crowd with a Gorilla Press Slam and that sent the place bonkers. I think OfCom desperately need a win though, because their schtick is clearly over with the audience and a win could make them look at least dangerous as opponents. So anyways, Mossy and Fight Club beat OfCom.

* Triple H could have taken tips from the burial of Johnny Starr on Sunday. The match with Renfrew was basically him being murdered which while fun, didn't really ignite me much. And then you had the post-match beatdown as well from his own new faction. Renfrew beat Starr.

* The four way match in the Zero G was an excellent outing. Some mental stuff going down between all four men. The Coffeys have now seemingly cemented themselves as proper heels. Wasn't sure if they were just badass ass kickers but they have definately grown into their roles. They were the standouts again here as they have been every time they have set foot in an ICW ring. Wild and Dar of course looked great too. Noam Dar especially, looking like the killer champ he did before he lost the title the first time. Noam retains.

* The tag title tournament matches worked. You HAVE to give both The Models and STI credit for managing to turn the STI into faces for their match. The match was okay. Not as good as the T2K vs. The Bucky Boys match, which was a brilliant effort, with some nasty moments. So the STI and Buckys go through, and you get the feeling that's the final.

* CJ Banks was over MASSIVE as a heel. National anthem and England badge on show, the crowd wanted his head on a stick and Jack Jester was more than happy to deliver it. Much like CJ's first match in ICW, this was a lot more two sided than you'd expect from a newcomer basically facing one of the ICW top dogs, but once again it helped the match become one of CJ Banks' better efforts this side of the border. Jester wins.

* Shifty stuff from Whiplash and Bad Bones. They had it against them when the ring fucked up on them. Whiplash and Jester had a purpose when that happened before, but this match felt like the kind of Attitude era crowd brawling that I absolutely despise. And as such, I hated this match. Although there was a brilliant moment when Whiplash teased a big dive over the rail and then just got back into the ring as if to say "nah". We get a match between Jester and Whiplash of Jester's choosing, and that's a scary proposition. Missed the finish.

* The angle with Euan Mackie's lot and Andy Anderson was much better than what we've seen before from them. Andy Anderson's inclusion in things seemed to help things as he's brilliant as an against the odds underdog, and the crowd as such lapped him up even though he's not spent much time in ICW. Euan Mackie wins with Code Red in a big handicap match.

* Main event of Lionheart vs. BT Gunn... it felt like the second half of a superb match, but it seemed totally rushed. BT Gunn won the match, as if that's relevant in any way, and then we came to the return of Red Lightning. As soon as I seen the gold star through the darkness, I went mental. It feels kind of like the whole Kevin Steen angle which suits me. If anyone can do that in ICW, it's Red Lightning. Although given his spiel on the one wrestling show, I think the idea behind this is MUCH different.

Not the best ICW show really, but it still delivers a cracker, which just goes to show really.

Archived