Wrestler Nicknames

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

I thought Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla was perfect for Jericho's character at the time. It was never heavily pushed as a nickname for him, it was more something he used to refer to himself as in his promos.

Austin had the best nicknames- Texas Rattlesnake and Bionic Redneck are both brilliantly suited to him.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds dated and devoid of any context now, but "Mr Monday Night" was a fucking brilliant name for RVD at that point in his run in ECW.I always liked "Manimal" for Rhyno, but it never really seemed to take. Conversely, I remember wishing AIDS on Jerry Lawler squealing "Latino Heeeeeat" eveyer few seconds in that Mania 16 match, and that one worked a treat.

• Paid Members

2586373[/url]']

2586360[/url]' date='May 13 2012, 18:56']I like The Viper and Apex Predator. Both suit Orton. I know Cole probably doesn't come up with them (though I always imagine that he does spout a load of shit off the cuff and see what sticks) and Apex Predator sounds like one of his shit concoctions, but this one just happened to work. Most of the nicknames that Cole spouts are terrible. Good:The ViperThe RattlesnakeThe Bionic RedneckThe Cerebral Assassin The AnimalBad:Shaman of sexyPrince of Parkour - example of something I reckon Cole just farted out of his mouthAyatollah of Rock and Rolla (seriously, what the fuck?)

99.9 % sure that isnt a Cole original.
It's not, but I never said it was.

Ones I like not mentionedRated R Superstar: Simple but says it allCaptain Charisma Instant ClassicNot Bad but not greatThe Show Off: its alright but in his song its says 'Im a Game Changer' which I prefer 'The Game Changer' Dolph Ziggler sounds not too bad and a newish take on HHH

The Hardys had a string of shite ones. What the fuck is a "Charismatic Enigma" or an "Angelic Diablo"?

Pretentious drivel dreamt up by a pair of thick drug addicts who have convinced themselves they're 'deep' because fat goth girls fall in love with them?I kinda liked David "A-List" Otunga, if only he'd had the personality to back it up. "Rated-R Superstar" is one of my favourites.Scott Steiner had a number of wonderfully stupid nicknames, "The Big Bad Booty Daddy" possibly being the single gayest moniker anyone has ever attributed to themself.Edit: "The Dirtiest Player in the Game" has to be up there with the best.

Archived