Consumer issue regarding terms and conditions of an offer

dangerously420

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26 Mar Tom Aitken ‏ @TomAitkenMC@ukffnews The UKFF's favourite son returns in just under a month from another forced exile. Save_Us_420.18 Apr Tom Aitken ‏ @TomAitkenMC@ukffnews 5 days and the UKFF's favourite son returns from his exile to make the forum once again great! #peoplepower23 Apr Tom Aitken ‏ @TomAitkenMCGet my UKFF account back at 2pm tomorrow. The UKFF's favourite son comes home out of his forced exile. #420comeshome1 May Tom Aitken ‏ @TomAitkenMCUKFF is a joke. The amount of idiots on there is unreal. If you want intelligent conversation please go elsewhere.3h Tom Aitken ‏ @TomAitkenMCWell the UKFF has taught me something. The UKFF is a toxic place with people on there flaunt their own agendas to help further themselves.

I think we broke his heart. Bill's in the post for the lesson tommyboi.

I'm going to break from the norm here and avoid the almost gang-like mentality that exists in this thread and the 1PW one in classifieds.I was actually wary of making my earlier posts disagreeing with Tommy's post regarding his phone contract, because I knew it would degenerate into something like this. IMHO the guy asked a valid question and was looking for advice in a way that is no different from the way I or dozens of others on here do about hotels, cityies or any other issues where w're looking for shared experiences.Now, I'm not trying to paint Tom Aitken as some total innocent victim of bullying here but I hoesntly feel this sort of treatments is above and beyond necessary. I've met the guy just once in and he came across ok if a little insecure, much the same way he does online in fact. I don't think he helps himself with some of the stuff he posts here or says on Twitter but again I don't believe it's offensive nor do I think it's deserving of the vast amount of scorn and ridicule poured on it. I find it hard to know when he's joking or when he's being serious and perhaps others do too.I admire the guy for pursuing something he was interested in and getting booked on shows that are generally well recieved and attended. Not that he's responsible in any way for drawing those fans but equally he deserves credit for contuing to be booked on these shows.This isn't an attack on any individual poster or on the board as a whole but in all honesty the whole thing just doesn't sit comfortably with me.

This isn't an attack on any individual poster or on the board as a whole but in all honesty the whole thing just doesn't sit comfortably with me.

The guy is obviously bit of a div and as such he should be reviled as such. It's all reminiscent of AJMCStyles's shoe dilemma, where most people are just pointing out the bleeding obvious to someone who is honestly a bit too thick to understand the situation. The things people have quoted from his twitter account just reeks of desperation to me, which might be pushing it a bit far, but he does bring it on himself at the end of the day.

Anyone who counts down their return to an internet forum, and uses terms like 'forced exile' and favourite son' whilst peddling shit about agendas, deserves ridicule. IT'S JUST AN INTERNET FORUM.

Anyone who posts a multi-paragraph defence of him needs to read the above sentence and remember it's just an internet forum and chill the balls out.

• Paid Members

As has been pointed out elsewhere, dangerously420 has shown himself to not be above 'cyber-bullying' himself as well as racist and homophobic remarks, so I'm intrigued as to how Benoit Is Innocent would qualify his statement with these facts in hand on top of all the other reams of evidence that 420 is a total prat.No-one is questioning that he should try and make a success of himself and I don't recall anyone even criticising his alleged 'success' within wrestling circles, so I'm not sure why Benoit Is Innocent is even making that point.

Sorry, not cyberbullying, just pointing out that an idiot is an idiot.

I haven't called it bullying, in fact I delibrately stated that I didn't view him as a victim of bullying. Fair enough, but the repeated nature of the attacks on him and by more than a few people isn;t necessary in my view.

Anyone who counts down their return to an internet forum, and uses terms like 'forced exile' and favourite son' whilst peddling shit about agendas, deserves ridicule. IT'S JUST AN INTERNET FORUM.Anyone who posts a multi-paragraph defence of him needs to read the above sentence and remember it's just an internet forum and chill the balls out.

It wasn't a defence of him as such. I had an opinion on the situation and wanted to share it as it is after all an internet forum like you say.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, dangerously420 has shown himself to not be above 'cyber-bullying' himself as well as racist and homophobic remarks, so I'm intrigued as to how Benoit Is Innocent would qualify his statement with these facts in hand on top of all the other reams of evidence that 420 is a total prat.No-one is questioning that he should try and make a success of himself and I don't recall anyone even criticising his alleged 'success' within wrestling circles, so I'm not sure why Benoit Is Innocent is even making that point.

Apologies for a double post as saw this after I posted response above. Again I'd have to say that I did point out that I don't view him as an innocent victim of bullying and yes I would agree that on occasion he's made posts that don't contribute much and could be seen at best, as nonsense. However, I haven't personally seen a racist or homophobic post from him that I can recall. I'm an infrequent user of the board though and often only skim read threads so it's entirely possible I may have missed something such as this.Regarding your second point I've seen him ridiculed a few times for his announcing in UK events threads and on the board in general although I do conede not in this particular thread. I did feel it was worth addressing at the same time though.

• Moderators

I'm going to break from the norm here and avoid the almost gang-like mentality that exists in this thread and the 1PW one in classifieds.I was actually wary of making my earlier posts disagreeing with Tommy's post regarding his phone contract, because I knew it would degenerate into something like this. IMHO the guy asked a valid question and was looking for advice in a way that is no different from the way I or dozens of others on here do about hotels, cityies or any other issues where w're looking for shared experiences.Now, I'm not trying to paint Tom Aitken as some total innocent victim of bullying here but I hoesntly feel this sort of treatments is above and beyond necessary. I've met the guy just once in and he came across ok if a little insecure, much the same way he does online in fact. I don't think he helps himself with some of the stuff he posts here or says on Twitter but again I don't believe it's offensive nor do I think it's deserving of the vast amount of scorn and ridicule poured on it. I find it hard to know when he's joking or when he's being serious and perhaps others do too.I admire the guy for pursuing something he was interested in and getting booked on shows that are generally well recieved and attended. Not that he's responsible in any way for drawing those fans but equally he deserves credit for contuing to be booked on these shows.This isn't an attack on any individual poster or on the board as a whole but in all honesty the whole thing just doesn't sit comfortably with me.

twitter_reasonably_small.jpg

twitter_reasonably_small.jpg
1686952572a4728116380l.jpg

• Paid Members

Re : "bullying....."

IT'S JUST AN INTERNET FORUM.

It wasn't a defence of him as such. I had an opinion on the situation and wanted to share it as it is after all an internet forum like you say.
You missed a really important word out. It's just an internet forum. Anyone who gives a shit about getting any grief on it deserves having the piss taken out of them for caring about something which matters less than half a jot. Which they, obviously, will therefore care about. It's a horrid vicious circle, a whirlpool of patheticness if you like. Be careful your ship doesn't drift too near, skipper.

Archived