Preston City Wrestling - One But Not Forgotten - 1st Anniversary

fludder99

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the other 2 guys do turn out to be Juvi and Gargano, i'd be completely fine with that. I've not see Juvi since he wrestled for the FWA in Horwich in 2004 I believe, but i'd be more than happy to see him again. As for 'the whole shebang', he's one of the best guys on the US indy scene right now.

Gargano isn't available this weekend as he's wrestling in America :(

At least he will be about the following weekend.

I did email him and try to book him for this show.

It's a shame he can't make it due to other commitments but glad to hear PCW were interested in bringing him in, maybe next time he comes over he can make his PCW debut.

Gargano isn't available this weekend as he's wrestling in America :(

At least he will be about the following weekend.

I did email him and try to book him for this show.

It's a shame he can't make it due to other commitments but glad to hear PCW were interested in bringing him in, maybe next time he comes over he can make his PCW debut.

As much as I dont watch much international indy stuff I know it fits my product over say using some ex WWE pensioner, even the best are within my budget so anything can happen. As always I like fan feedback on who they like etc and a recent facebook poll has been acted on.

As much as I dont watch much international indy stuff I know it fits my product over say using some ex WWE pensioner, even the best are within my budget so anything can happen. As always I like fan feedback on who they like etc and a recent facebook poll has been acted on.

I think that keeping the imports mixed up is the best strategy too, rather than using one

As I've mentioned elsewhere would love to see the hunter brothers in the tag division in pcw these lads should be wrestling alot more in the uk imo

Quite a few have said this and I have just not been inspired by them on the 3 times I have seen them. I dont know what it is im not seeing, I must admit I do like my guys to look the part and I do think they could work a little on their conditioning.

I think as long as your imports can put on good matches in the ring that's what matters. All the top indie stars from America and Japanese talent are all great in ring workers who can put on epic matches and performances on a nightly bases, while not everyone who has been in WWE or TNA are that great in the ring, and even the ones who were talented may be too injured, old or just going through the motions and banking on their name value to get them by. So I think a Indie or Japanese talent is probably a much safer bet to give you a great match than a former Super Star. Obviously there is more to pro wrestling than just being good in the ring and there is always rooms for character wrestlers and nostalgia, but I think if you are spending a lot of money bringing someone in from over seas you'd want someone who you can put in your main event with your top guys and have them steal the show.

When you compare what we got performance wise out of someone like Kevin Nash and Road Dogg at the last 1PW events and compare it to what we got out of Tozowa last month it's night and day and that sums it up for me. If you can get someone like Morrison who has the big reputation and name but can still go then that's the best of both worlds and great, but if you had to choose I'd get more excited to see good workers than nostalgia when it comes to bookings.

I've seen a fair bit of the Hunters and i think they are one of the better tag teams on the UK scene, given the right opponents they can pull out some great performances. Their matches with Quackenbush and MK and MK and Magera at FCP last year were superb, as was their matches with Second City Collective in NSW. I don't see the Second City Collective around much, but they really impressed me from the little I've seen of them, and would like to see more of them.

Archived