WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 5/11/2012

ThePhenom

I'm actually really enjoying SD at the moment. Over a very short period, they've accumulated a load of great acts and stories, and this week the show didn't really slow down. Titus and Young are hilarious as a team and only need more interview time; the Bryan/AJ stuff which has been great for weeks now, has Kaitlyn, probably my favourite of the girls, doing something (even if ideally I would have had AJ and Kaitlyn doing their goofy odd couple friendship on TV for a stint); Jericho is added to the main event to do something before goes back touring again with Fozzy; Cesaro added the jacket and a nice double-pump gesture to his act, and looked great again in action, incorporating a ruggedness and style that you would believe a European sportsman would bring to wrestling; Sandow is promisng and it amazes me that he was formerly Idol Stevens from that 05 run as 1/2 of the Teacher's Pets.

So yeah, once again SD has built itself up over time. And when Christian comes back it will be only that much better in star power, veteran qualities who can teach the young guys, and in having strong matches up and down the card wherever needed.

I'm absolutely loving Titus O'Neill and Darren Young. I've always wanted the WWE to go back and do a New Age Outlaws type thing with two floundering singles wrestlers finding that certain something together as a tag team. They are brilliant.I also like Cesaro as well. He's got a great look.

Yeah I love them now. At first i wasn't sold but now I'm loving it, and now that they use the Demolition finisher well they are just the best!And Daniel Bryan was spectacular in his short time again!

I thought SmackDown was pretty shite. I liked a lot of the show, but I had absolutely no interest in the main bits (the tag match and then the two spin-off singles matches). I felt like this about Raw for most of 2007 and 2008 as well. There's nothing that makes me want to see long matches between Sheamus, Orton, Del Rio and Jericho.The undercard stuff was superb, though. Titus and Young are what Swagger and Ziggler should be.

• Paid Members

I agree that the World Title segments were the most boring parts of the show, I paid almost no attention to the tag match/brawl at the start, or to the resulting matches that they made afterwards. I think the four-way match at OTL will be decent in itself, but there's nothing going on to hold my interest as far as the storyline or characters are concerned.I just don't know what they can do to make Orton interesting again. I nearly always enjoy what he does in the ring and I'll always pop for a good RKO, but beyond that he's the most boring thing going in the WWE. I'm genuinely stuck for ideas for him (other than a proper fantasy booking scenario which sees HHH reunite Evolution piece-by-piece to tackle Brock Lesnar, initially aligning himself with Randy before the return of Flair with Big Dave in tow to make a save at a big PPV in the future).Is Jericho definitely off to tour with Fozzy again soon? If so, it's not worth investing any more of Creative's time in him. I know he seems massively unpopular on here these days, but he did a good job of putting over Punk at Mania and Extreme Rules and I expect he'll make all the other lads look great in the Fourway at OTL.Del Rio is a great character but needs a good storyline to sink his teeth into. He would make a good Champion, considering how badly Sheamus is doing with the belt. I would prefer to see Sheamus chasing the title. Del Rio would be great in the JBL sneaky heel Champ role- I would even like it if he recruited some guys like Hunico and his pal as a bit of muscle- a bit like how JBL had his Cabinet, Del Rio, flanked by Ricardo, Hunico and Camacho, would give Sheamus a real challenge.

I'm absolutely loving Titus O'Neill and Darren Young. I've always wanted the WWE to go back and do a New Age Outlaws type thing with two floundering singles wrestlers finding that certain something together as a tag team. They are brilliant.I also like Cesaro as well. He's got a great look.

I wasn't sold on them for a while, and when they came to tell off Lillian I thought 'oh, here we go, they're becoming plain threatening heels' then they started dancing. I'm still not sure what they were saying, but they came across at utter jock dicks and brilliant.Loved nearly all of Smackdown, I have to say I love Damien Sandow. I didn't think I would but the guy just has a bit of heelish class.

Well, that was just spectacular. Words can't describe how much I am loving all of the new acts, Ryback, Damien Sandow, Antonio, as well as Titus O'Neal and Darren Young (who actually have matching trunks!). I'm also loving the AJ Slapfest, and Daniel Bryan was a riot. The main event stuff was adequate.

I wasn't sold on them for a while, and when they came to tell off Lillian I thought 'oh, here we go, they're becoming plain threatening heels' then they started dancing. I'm still not sure what they were saying, but they came across at utter jock dicks and brilliant.Loved nearly all of Smackdown, I have to say I love Damien Sandow. I didn't think I would but the guy just has a bit of heelish class.
Check out the backstage segments they've had with Long, Tatsu and Jackson the last couple of weeks, actually very funny.

• Paid Members

First Smackdown I've watched in ages. Quite surprised by how much I enjoyed it.Am I the only one who thinks we're going to see Bryan vs AJ on Pay Per View then? I'm not normally a fan of mixed matches but their segment was so good and Bryan's character is so awesome right now that I think it could be brilliant.Actually the only thing I didn't like on the show was the stuff to build for the four way. There's something a bit wrong when I'm far more entertained by a throw away tag match with Titus O'Neill and Darren Young than by the storyline that I'm supposed to pay to see the resolution to.

SmackDown was pretty decent, I've just finished last weeks episode off and there is some good stuff going on. Only problem I'm finding is the Main Event match, I love multi man matches but the four of them against each other needs some purpose or angle. There hasn't really been anything apart from a tag match the other week. I like all four guys but so far there has nothing that makes me give a shit. And also Brodus Clay is fucking shite.Johnny Ace was great throughout the episodeAntonio Cesaro is the best thing in the WWE at the moment. Team him with McIntyre!Daniel Bryan continues to get betterGood to see Slater back on telly.Ryback looked great but they need to edit the 'Goldberg' chants

Archived