Discussion about a game WWE has out featuring Golga, hopefully

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
When the last Smackdown Vs Raw game came out, somebody on here said something like "Oh this games needs to be overhauled! And The Red/Blue Colour scheme is so obvious what a bunch of idiots".......or something to that effect. Red and Blue are of course linked to Raw/Smackdown, hence the colour of the logos/related colour scheme in the games menus/box art etc.

Basically it was a stupid comment, although of course the game was then turned into WWE 12.

Sorry. I read your comment as insinuating I had made the complaint about the colour scheme, rather than actually asking who it was. My bad!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WWE's Revolution promos are apparently for the new WWE '13 video game that comes out on November 1st, 2012. A video was leaked on YouTube last night but has since been deleted by THQ. The leaked video was a THQ teaser for the game that featured WWE Champion CM Punk.

The tagline for the game is "Live the Revolution."

The video showed a re-creation of the Big Show and Mark Henry spot where they destroyed the ring with a superplex, so apparently you will be able to do that in the game.

Other teases in the video included a new CM Punk entrance and attire, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Attitude Era Undertaker, Mankind, Sheamus, Big Show in an Army singlet, Mark Henry plus new RAW and SmackDown side-trons.

The video also showed Chris Jericho doing a Lionsault from the ring apron through the announcers table and CM Punk doing a top rope elbow drop through the announcers table. Austin and Mankind were shown fighting in an old school arena before breaking the barrier and fighting into the crowd.

Why are the graphics in the game as bad as they are? How can FIFA look so good when it has 23 men on the pitch? I kept having glitches with WWE 12 too where in a tables match, the table would become part of one of the wrestlers. Then he'd whizz out of the screen and the camera would try follow him and then the game was unplayable. Maybe it was sorted in an update, but I'd stopped playing by then.

I love the sheer volume of content you get in the games but other than that the gameplay is pretty much "alright" with tweaks that are quite hit or miss made each year and the graphics engine is a complete and utter joke. Outside of the amount of content, THQ seem to have just got really lazy, Id love to see a change in developer but I dont know who I would want to take over the WWE licence and on top of that it could be even worse, like the EA WCW games were.

• Paid Members

As the 'Revolution' is now clearly referring to WWE'13, is it worth renaming this thread and having it as the official news thread about the game? I went on the IGN site after Raw and the new game does look like it will have a lot of cool stuff included. Most interestingly for me is the 'Attitude Era' mode which seems to have replaced Road to WrestleMania and includes plenty of cut scenes and challenges that hark back to the good ol' days:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/wwe-13/Attitude_Er...objectid=127923

I've never felt more homicidal than when I lost a 20 min MITB match on WWE12 to Tyson Kidd. I have no idea how they thought that mode would be fun.

The Money in the Bank matches are absolutely hideous. There's no way of fixing it though, it's six blokes trying to climb a ladder in a game where moves don't keep you down for too long. In real life, the MITB matches are all contrived as fuck, the game's got no chance.

Nope. You can't keep all five of the bastards down long enough to climb the ladder. The only surefire way to win is to go and dump all the ladders except one on the stage. The opponents will all go and mess about up there eventually, and you can just climb the one ladder in the ring. Other than that, you're relying on chance. Like the chance of the game glitching and the computer characters just walking round in weird circles instead of pushing you off the ladder.

• Paid Members
Nope. You can't keep all five of the bastards down long enough to climb the ladder. The only surefire way to win is to go and dump all the ladders except one on the stage. The opponents will all go and mess about up there eventually, and you can just climb the one ladder in the ring. Other than that, you're relying on chance. Like the chance of the game glitching and the computer characters just walking round in weird circles instead of pushing you off the ladder.

Yeah. I don't think I had a ladder match in WWE '12 that lasted less than 30 minutes. And when I was put in a Money in the Bank match in Road To WrestleMania, my heart sank each and every time.

Archived