Matches, Shows And Specials You Have Watched Recently

Vice

Basically, if you've re-watched a not-so-recent or an old match or show, or seen it for the first time, post your thoughts on it here. Was it as good or bad as you remembered? Did it live up to the hype? Is it an overlooked gem?I think a fair requirement is that it has to be at least around 6 months old (there'd be no point re-discussing this year's Rumble and Mania here so soon), except if it's without its own thread (say, a match from Superstars or from a smaller promotion).As for specials (such as profile DVDs, TV features, general documentaries etc.), let's allow old and recent. Because they usually don't get their own threads, and people on here often want to know if the latest profile DVDs are worth checking out.And hopefully that doesn't cause chaos. Over to you guys.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally watched the last of the 'Big Five' PPVs from the 1990s that I hadn't seen - King of the Ring 1995.

It's not as bad as I expected. It's still pretty lame though. It seems that Savio Vega's music is playing for about half the show.

Surprised to find that Diesel/Bigelow vs Sid/Tatanka was a decent enough match.

Actually, some of the work on the show was alright. The booking just killed the card.

Oh, and ECW Hat Guy was very angry throughout.

I'm slowly working my way through RAW 1998 and got up to WrestleMania 14. Fantastic WrestleMania I may add. Really strong card throughout the only moan I would give about the event was the 15 Team Battle Royal was in every single way terrible. Owen/Trips was brilliant and I really enjoyed the mixed tag match aswell.

Gonna watch the 30th of April episode of RAW post Mania some time today

• Paid Members

I'm slowly working my way through RAW 1998 and got up to WrestleMania 14. Fantastic WrestleMania I may add. Really strong card throughout the only moan I would give about the event was the 15 Team Battle Royal was in every single way terrible. Owen/Trips was brilliant and I really enjoyed the mixed tag match aswell. Gonna watch the 30th of April episode of RAW post Mania some time today

Probably my favorite episode of RAW ever that one.

with being off work yesterday i watched HHH vs Cactus Jack Hell in a Cell Undertaker vs Brock Hell in a Cell Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell then Brock vs Eddie no way out there is some guy uploading full matches from ppvs in full length

I posted about it in another thread at the time, but the recent Steve Austin DVD is seriously fucking good stuff, which surprised me no end.For one, I ran out of patience with Steve Austin in 2002 so personally I was watching it out of habit than anything else. Further to that, the guy's had about 40 DVD profiles on him anyway, and I couldn't bear to hear that fucking raw potatoes story one more time. Also, the most frustrating thing about these DVDs is that with all the major Austin stories, you've seen, heard and revisited them a billion times before. He's infuriatingly tight-lipped about some meatier stories from his time which then makes you feel like there's a big hole left to fill.But...Got to say, this was absolutely phenomenal, one of the best profiles they've ever done. Here's what's ace about this set:- He goes as far as he can in calling Owen Hart a dangerous cunt, without completely pissing on the dead. The sloppy twat nearly KILLED him with a move The Undertaker has done safely forty hundred times. There was something refreshing about watching a dead wrestler get criticised, I can't explain it exactly. There's so many deado's nowadays, there's bound to be plenty of shite in there with the "He was such a fun loving guy" and "A great worker, was sad to not get another chance to tie up with him" and the like.- His late-96 rise is finally given time to breathe. Every Austin profile is so fucking excited to get to Wrestlemania 13, then fly to him chucking the IC belt in the drink in December, and then Tyson and Wrestlemania 14. Austin did a lot of damage to that character from 2002 onwards, but he's white hot when he first gets stuck into it around September '96 and it's about time they gave it more spotlight. His Livewire appearance is included in full in the extras, and is fucking OUTSTANDING, thank you very much. Lots of clips of him swearing up a storm on commentary, backjumping people like a right dirty cunt, and adding that vital edgier side to his in-ring work, which was still a little bit too mechanical for the Stone Cold character.- Like the Edge and Rock sets, it

Watched Armageddon 2006 the other day for the first time, while the Main event didnt excite me in any way the under card was fantastic. The 4 Way ladder match was exciting, Kane vs MVP was fun and short enough not to drag like previous inferno bouts and Kennedy Taker was fantastic although the usual big bump mattress problem occurred it didn't spoil the bout in any way

I'm slowly working my way through RAW 1998 and got up to WrestleMania 14. Fantastic WrestleMania I may add. Really strong card throughout the only moan I would give about the event was the 15 Team Battle Royal was in every single way terrible. Owen/Trips was brilliant and I really enjoyed the mixed tag match aswell.

Aye, 14 was class, really enjoyable show. The battle royal was never going to be a classic, but it served it's purpose in putting the new LOD over and it got everyone's face on screen. In the absence of 4 hours for an extra 3 matches or so, I prefer to see stuff like Battle Royals, as I think Wrestlemania should give a bit of a 'snapshot' of the time, rather than just involving the top half of the roster. The light heavyweight match felt a bit out of place, but being the highflying pervert that I am, I still liked it. Rock/Shamrock was a bit weak if you were expecting another like their Rumble match, but other than those, the rest of the show was great.

I posted about it in another thread at the time, but the recent Steve Austin DVD is seriously fucking good stuff, which surprised me no end.For one, I ran out of patience with Steve Austin in 2002 so personally I was watching it out of habit than anything else. Further to that, the guy's had about 40 DVD profiles on him anyway, and I couldn't bear to hear that fucking raw potatoes story one more time. Also, the most frustrating thing about these DVDs is that with all the major Austin stories, you've seen, heard and revisited them a billion times before. He's infuriatingly tight-lipped about some meatier stories from his time which then makes you feel like there's a big hole left to fill.But...Got to say, this was absolutely phenomenal, one of the best profiles they've ever done. Here's what's ace about this set:- He goes as far as he can in calling Owen Hart a dangerous cunt, without completely pissing on the dead. The sloppy twat nearly KILLED him with a move The Undertaker has done safely forty hundred times. There was something refreshing about watching a dead wrestler get criticised, I can't explain it exactly. There's so many deado's nowadays, there's bound to be plenty of shite in there with the "He was such a fun loving guy" and "A great worker, was sad to not get another chance to tie up with him" and the like.- His late-96 rise is finally given time to breathe. Every Austin profile is so fucking excited to get to Wrestlemania 13, then fly to him chucking the IC belt in the drink in December, and then Tyson and Wrestlemania 14. Austin did a lot of damage to that character from 2002 onwards, but he's white hot when he first gets stuck into it around September '96 and it's about time they gave it more spotlight. His Livewire appearance is included in full in the extras, and is fucking OUTSTANDING, thank you very much. Lots of clips of him swearing up a storm on commentary, backjumping people like a right dirty cunt, and adding that vital edgier side to his in-ring work, which was still a little bit too mechanical for the Stone Cold character.- Like the Edge and Rock sets, it

This saved me from having to bring the lucha thread back up. Watched the Negro Casas vs. Blue Panther hair vs. hair match that people have recognised as a potential MOTY. It's pretty good, very basic and tells a good story. Some people might be put off by the finish but it didn't bother me so much. I didn't find myself getting sucked into it though, which is odd because I normally enjoy both men and I got quite into their lightning match. And it bothered me that Panther didn't seem to go for the awesome ankle lock he did in the build up match (unless I'm forgetting it). I can see that it's very good though, even if I don't feel it myself. I've also been catching up with Reyes de Rey which I missed earlier in the year. It's your usual mental AAA. The opening match is a cage of death (don't think light tubes) which means it takes longer than 12 minutes for everyone to get into the damn thing. I really don't get why you'd put them at the start of shows but I'm not Mexican. It also includes the entrance of a male exotic danger who's accompanied by two choir boys. One of whom gets very confused. Psycho Circus get to be Psycho Circus. There's an insane spot fest which would probably piss quite a few people off if they saw it, it involves the returning Teddy Hart (who looks stranger than normal), Juvi and Nicho (Psichosis) amongst others. It really is just a string of crazy high spots one after the other with no rhyme or reason. Jack Evans (the fucking skinny runt who would just piss off if I had my way) is the one that doesn't blow a moonsault in a match to win an awesome sword. The main event is your usual Jeff Jarrett title match only with the addition of thrown bottles, SNEAKY L.A. PARK, and GUITAR PLAYING L.A. PARK. Did you know that Metallica once wanted him as a basist? True story. Normally big AAA shows tend to be a bit too long and quite boring (in my limited experiance anyway) but bits of this were mad enough to be fun.

Archived