MMA Show Live Weekend in Birmingham

dangerously420

Can someone who is clued up here tell me exactly what the script is with the weekends event and let me know if people turn up what exactly will still be taking place. I ask as I have some friends who have train tickets non refundable and non refundable hotel and they just want to know what they are turning up to to decide wether to go or cut the loses and try sell the train tickets and the hotel on at a reduced rate to claw back some money.

Can someone who is clued up here tell me exactly what the script is with the weekends event and let me know if people turn up what exactly will still be taking place. I ask as I have some friends who have train tickets non refundable and non refundable hotel and they just want to know what they are turning up to to decide wether to go or cut the loses and try sell the train tickets and the hotel on at a reduced rate to claw back some money.

The only thing still going on is http://www.themartialartsshow.com/

Thanks the above poster. As the MMA Show Live was paid on a mates credit card they are seeking for a refund via the credit card company as the organisers of this event sound very 1PW like as the NIA in Birmingham will only offer refunds when they have official word from the organisers the show has been postoponed till October. This has still to be confirmed to the venue by the organisers despite the promotors press release on the website.The behind the scenes organisation of this sounded very dodgy.Once again a promoter with big plans to host a big event fails as they rely on advance ticket sales to pay for things. I got told that 2 weeks ago BJ Penn was in contact with the promoter asking when he was going to recevie his fee for appearing at the weekend. BJ Penn wanted paid in advance before he would even go to an airport to fly to the UK. The promoter was banking on Penn flying to the UK and for his apperance fee to be sorted on the weekend on the day. An attempt at a wire transfer of funds to Penn bounced and as Penn never got his fee in advance and the wire transfer bounced all US talent pulled themselves from the event.It is a real shame that we do not have people in this country with the passion for things like MMA and American wrestling with the money to back these exciting sounding events so they happen and not fail. The trouble is with these kind of events backers want results and with the kind of money this MMA Show Live expo was costing any business person would have a major risk in losing money in what is a cash strapped recesion. These kind of events at this current time are not an attractive business proposition to serious business people.

Archived