Rank UK Promotions

the munchies

In what order would you rank the current UK promotions? Who is the number one promotion in your eyes. Maybe give top 5 with reasons. Do you consider the amount of shows they run, quality of shows, production values, imports, a couple of promotions have TV so does that make them the biggest? How would you rank them?

Ugh doesn't this thread seem to happen on a bi-monthly basis and end up in a pissing contest between promoters and workers?

All I will say is that there are great a fair amount of really good UK promotions right now and it just depends which area of the country you live in.

There aren't really *that* many fans who can claim to have seen more than a handful of promotions in different areas of the country these days.

This will just end up in promoters pimping themselves out.

As someone who lives in the north west theres some great wrestling going on in the area. My top place to go is preston city wrestling, followed by futureshock,grand pro and xwa. I also collect uk indy dvds with over 200 shows at the mo . I have enjoyed watching Ngw and southside and plan to attend a show of theres this year. And i watched this is progress first show last night and was very impressed

Lucha britannia looks different and enjoyable and is the only promotion I've been considering going to all year. Whether it's actually any good or not though I don't know. Seems fun.

Ugh doesn't this thread seem to happen on a bi-monthly basis and end up in a pissing contest between promoters and workers?

All I will say is that there are great a fair amount of really good UK promotions right now and it just depends which area of the country you live in.

There aren't really *that* many fans who can claim to have seen more than a handful of promotions in different areas of the country these days.

This will just end up in promoters pimping themselves out.

I agree with Cobystag on this who IMO has hit the nail on the head. All good intentions from some like those above such as ROHPETE who have contributed well but someone will get caught out or start pimping their own I'm sure.

I will say (not including EVE because yes I'm biassed) XWA, Southside, IPW:UK and WAW all put out stellar products live and Preston and New Generation come across well on the DVDs I've seen. UK is rich in talent atm.

*edit*

I've yet to experience Lucha Britannia live yet myself but everyone I know who have been there claim it to be the most fun possible to have at a wrestling show. I also personally believe they stole the show at BritWresFest and are by far the coolest and most 'on it' promotion in the UK today.

theres only a handful like one in hull,and grimsby but nothing in scunthorpe apart from the "road warriors" at the local working mans club or a few wwe rip offs,i am currently watching ICW and UK wrestling experience which at min are better than tna,wish i watched some in notts or the north west like GPW etc

theres only a handful like one in hull,and grimsby but nothing in scunthorpe apart from the "road warriors" at the local working mans club or a few wwe rip offs,i am currently watching ICW and UK wrestling experience which at min are better than tna,wish i watched some in notts or the north west like GPW etc

Should check out there websites bud lots of great dvds and help to keep the scene thrive . I would highly recommend Futureshock boxset 2011 which is only 25 quid for all last years shows and preston citys 2011 boxset 20 pound. Also ngw do a great 3 dvds for 18 pound

Depends if you get a bird spraying an enema 20 feet out into the crowd or not.

Is the burlesdque element of the show actually just extreme for their regular shows though? I figured that was more for their festival shows.

Archived