The Rock on steroids?

Jetta's G-string

Not to mention he's probably been training for about 22 years.

Yes, with a long history of steroid use. And of course, when he wasn't training hard on the weights when he ruptured his Achilles and slimmed down to the weight of Carlton Palmer.The whole "he's up at 4am" thing isn't really relevant, when the reason he gets up is to actually work. He isn't up at 4am to achieve the goal of looking like Superstar Graham. He's up a 4am to act, read through scripts, edit, rehearse and the other million things he does during the day. That point you made might be relevant if he was a career bodybuilder, but he isn't. He's a former American Football player, Hollywood actor and professional wrestler, and past steroid user. Put them all together and pin it next to a picture of what he currently looks like and the bloke is on something.
The point I was making is that he's up at 4am which means he gets more time to train and eat. He probably gets a good 2-3 meals or meal replacements over others who are awake later. I'm not sure I understand what point you're trying to make about him being a career bodybuilder, I'd imagine his training regime isn't much different to one.

I do like that you have a picture in your sig of a bloke on two Wellness Policy strikes, though.

And my comment was irrelevant?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does a bear shit in the woods?

• Paid Members

And my comment was irrelevant?

Its far more relevant than all this shite about a 40 year old getting up at 4 in the morning and look far, far bigger than he did 14 days prior. Reading your words and seeing Ryback just below it is like its actually coming from the big mans mouth himself as he is being told he can't come to work for 30 days (again).Also, I bet if you pressed the Rock, he probably wont argue the point. A lot of Hollywood actors, including Sly Stallone think HGH (who admits he's on it) is perfectly fine and consider it nothing more than a bodybuilding supplement.

He must be getting up at about ten o'clock at night, half an hour before he goes to bed to get that physique.

He must have another him to keep pushing himselves further...me2.jpgRIMMER #2: What time do we get up?RIMMER: Oh, early! Half past eight.RIMMER #2: No, earlier than that. Seven.RIMMER: How 'bout six?RIMMER #2: No, half past four.RIMMER: That's the middle of the night!RIMMER #2: You wanted driving. I'm driving you.RIMMER: Once again, Arnold, you're absolutely right. Holly, alarm call four-thirty in the morning. Make it the sonic boom, extra loud, emergency one.HOLLY: Yes, Arnold. And Arnold.RIMMER starts to crawl into bedRIMMER #2: Uh, what are you doing, Arnold?RIMMER: I'm going to bed, Arnold.RIMMER #2: But it's two in the morning! We can get in a couple hours of revision easily.RIMMER: But I'm getting up in a minute.RIMMER #2: You take Power Circuits and Esperanto. I'll take Thermal Energy and the History of Philosophy.RIMMER: (Getting up) Fantastic! This is what I've always dreamed of! I'm in heaven!RIMMER #2: Better than sex.

wow the Barbarian really has no idea about training, dieting or steroids, you're probably the same typical fat geek staring at pictures going oh steroids!!! he's going to die really young because he's fucking up his heart when really you're doing more damage by all the crap that you eat .. it's insulting to me as a bodybuilder currently dieting for a show that you believe the only way we can look our best is by injecting or ingesting some sort of steroid ... talk about wrestling that's what you're good at

• Paid Members

it's insulting to me as a bodybuilder currently dieting for a show that you believe the only way we can look our best is by injecting or ingesting some sort of steroid

Did I actually say that? Where did I say that was the only way to gain a large physique you spanner? This is a thread about a 40 year old bloke looking bigger than he did a fortnight before, not about bodybuilding. Read the thread and you'll see the point was a 40 year old man (who has a proven and admitted history of using steroids and growth hormone) is probably likely to be on something other than diet and weight training if he's gained an incredible amount of mass in the space of two weeks (from WrestleMania when he didn't look like the Incredible Hulk until when the photos were taken).And if you read through the thread, not once have I actually criticised the Rock for doing so. I couldn't care less if he's on HGH, steroids or if he's just walking around with a coat hanger up his jumper. I just don't think he's got that body through natural means because of the time frame its taken him to look like that. And judging by your defensive and patronising manner in which you are defending the subject, you dont sound like a big expert yourself.

it's insulting to me as a bodybuilder currently dieting for a show that you believe the only way we can look our best is by injecting or ingesting some sort of steroid

Did I actually say that? Where did I say that was the only way to gain a large physique you spanner? This is a thread about a 40 year old bloke looking bigger than he did a fortnight before, not about bodybuilding. Read the thread and you'll see the point was a 40 year old man (who has a proven and admitted history of using steroids and growth hormone) is probably likely to be on something other than diet and weight training if he's gained an incredible amount of mass in the space of two weeks (from WrestleMania when he didn't look like the Incredible Hulk until when the photos were taken).And if you read through the thread, not once have I actually criticised the Rock for doing so. I couldn't care less if he's on HGH, steroids or if he's just walking around with a coat hanger up his jumper. I just don't think he's got that body through natural means because of the time frame its taken him to look like that. And judging by your defensive and patronising manner in which you are defending the subject, you dont sound like a big expert yourself.
Considering I actually compete, study Ergogenic Aids and Nutrition and have trained for 5 years i'd say i have a good knowledge of the subject, do you take steroids? partake in weight training? diet? ... study any of these? if no then i'd say i have a much wider and better knowledge of the subject than you ... at the end of the day your knowledge on wrestling on this forum is at the highest level all i'm suggesting is you stick to what you do best...

• Paid Members

So........ you're not going to counter anything Ian said, then? Can you, with all your extensive knowledge, inform the ignorant how a 40 year old man can make that kind of jump in body mass in 14 days? Honestly, I would like to be enlightened on the issue. Surely if you think people like Ian are talking shit, the best thing you can do for the bodybuilder cause is to educate us.

So........ you're not going to counter anything Ian said, then? Can you, with all your extensive knowledge, inform the ignorant how a 40 year old man can make that kind of jump in body mass in 14 days? Honestly, I would like to be enlightened on the issue. Surely if you think people like Ian are talking shit, the best thing you can do for the bodybuilder cause is to educate us.

its possible to put on a stone in 3 weeks, i'd imagine the rock dieted hard to look at his best for Mania by depleting his carbohydrate and water intake so he'd have the lean mean approach, after mania and for his role as a bodybuilder in his next movie "pain and gain" something like that i'd imagine he carb loaded and retained a lot of water to make him look a lot fuller and bigger

Archived