What MMA fighter should put Cena over next?

IANdrewDiceClay

WWE have already taken Lesnar, I dont want another one of my favourites leaving.

Taken? Hadn’t Lesnar officially retired from MMA? I could be wrong here of course, but I thought he said he’d never fight again after his last whooping?

Yeah you are correct, I used the wrong word. As a selfish MMA fan I would have rather Brock had stayed in UFC, the atmosphere to his fights was electric. I could argue that it was easier for Brock to leave UFC with WWE around to offer him big money, but even if WWE had zero interest I think he would have retired from MMA anyway.

EDIT: In regards to Sonnen he actually trained in the WCW Powerplant in the late 90's and is big friends with Piper, Austin and Punk so he may go to WWE one day.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be torn if Barnett and JDS ever fought.

Still I agree on Barnett in WWE being good, he has Pro Wrestling experiance in Japan as well, he really knows quite a lot about it when he talks in interviews. Here he is paying tribute to Dusty Rhodes "Hard Times" promo after showing off his Pro Wresting skills.

That was awesome. I'd like to see more MMA guys involved in the WWE. Perhaps Lesnar could start an nWo style faction of ex-MMA stars?

• Paid Members
EDIT: In regards to Sonnen he actually trained in the WCW Powerplant in the late 90's and is big friends with Piper, Austin and Punk so he may go to WWE one day.

Would anyone care though? By the time he's done with MMA, he'll be a bit long in the tooth and pretty much knackered.

Would anyone care though? By the time he's done with MMA, he'll be a bit long in the tooth and pretty much knackered.

Depends on when he retires.

He is 34 now, Chael has kept himself in very good shape he is not like guys like Wanderlai Silva and Chuck Liddel whos fighting and training style have resulted in knackered bodies and slurred speech. Randy Couture was 46 and was in better shape than half the WWE roster, some fighters train and fight in a way that prevents injuries and brain damage, so they can fight well into there forties.

If Chael retires as say 37, I say he can have a good 5 year run in WWE.

Chael's too small though, he'd look too slight in WWE. What's his walking weight, about 200lbs? Also, his HRT wouldn't beat Wellness.

He is 6 foot 1, and he walks around at 220lbs -230lbs at times he cuts a lot of weight to make 185lbs. He is bigger than Ziggler, Bryan, Miz and Punk for sure. I do not think size would be a problem.

I think if Cena and others can beat Wellness, he can.

• Paid Members
rampage.jpg

That paranoid mentalist wouldn't last five minutes in that type of environment. If any fans booed him or they booked him to lose, he'd take it to heart like the complete spaz that he is, go bonkers on twitter, then probably kill himself.

I might of dreamt this but weren't the wwe trying to bring in Bob Sapp for wwe-ecw

Yeah they were but he turned them down. He was supposed to debut and win the ECW Title in that ECW Elimination Chamber match. Once Sapp turned them down they gave the spot to Lashley. Sapp was also in talks with TNA to do a match with Angle at Lockdown. And of course, there's his Japan pro-wrestling stuff and the fact that he was under contract with WCW when the company went under. Plenty of links to wrestling. Shame things never happened for him in the States.

• 1 month later...
Did anyone have the first PRIDE FC game that came with a free DVD? On the DVD there was a match with a little tiny skinny guy knocking out a big fat giant. Cena should fight the big fatty and show how strong he is by hoisting him up on his shoulders for the finisher. Then he would join such greats as the little skinny guy on the free DVD that came with the first PRIDE FC game.

I hadn

• Paid Members
Did anyone have the first PRIDE FC game that came with a free DVD? On the DVD there was a match with a little tiny skinny guy knocking out a big fat giant. Cena should fight the big fatty and show how strong he is by hoisting him up on his shoulders for the finisher. Then he would join such greats as the little skinny guy on the free DVD that came with the first PRIDE FC game.

I hadn

Kimbo Slice is the only one that would pop a massive rating, he did it twice on CBS and like 4 of the largest MMA ratings in North American history.

He looks like a star and would bring in the urban audience, that probably never watches WWE

Archived