Voting

carolann

Did anyone vote yesterday??

I did - i voted Boris for Mayor. Second candidate was Sibohan whatsername the independant candidate. Voted lib dem for the london regions thingy

I worked for TFL when Ken was in charge and the clusterf#ck of constant changes and croneyism and backtracking and changing messages was just horrible. If there was another Labour candidate i may have voted that way but my dislike of the man very much got in the way of the politics of it all.

Anyways - anyone not vote? share why?

• Paid Members

I voted on whether or not the Bristol public wants to elect its own mayor.

Turnout is about 25%. This city deserves every inch of phallus it gets.

• Paid Members

I did.

Unfortunately, the candidates in Fife were all pretty underwhelming. Most of them I only know from their sub-internet level arguments in the local paper. Gave me first perferfence for one the current SNP councillers, one of the basis that he's mates with my brother and has always been completely honest when I've spoken to him, second choice went to a Lib Dem guy who actually made the effort to come to my door (no other fucker did) and third went to the biggest blowhard from the paper, who ran as part of the Pensioners Party, just for a laugh.

Yep. I voted Labour in the local elections here in South Tyneside.

Continuing on the animal theme from the last few posts, South Tyneside's only Tory councillor was bitten by a dog on the campaign trail yesterday. That's one well-trained dog right there.

• Paid Members

Bristol voted for having a mayor, proving we have to be different from the rest of the country at all times.

Close result and pathetic turnout means that 12.8% of the population here voted to have a mayor. As a result we get a mayor and can never change back.

I don't vote. It's got nothing to do with me :)

Why bother posting then? I'd be like if I posted in one of the football threads on here and posted "I have no opinion on this matter. I don't even watch football. :)"

We didn't have an election where I live, but it's nice to see the Tories and the Tory Jr.'s getting a sound thrashing. It's also nice to see that the official Labour line is not to be complacent or smug about their big gains today.

I voted and I voted for the candidate with the one policy that matters to me. The councillor in my area that is the conservative representative is also the farmer whos farm is on the back of my house. The house I live in has been in my family for 62 years and if Labour or SNP have their way they want to develop housing for 1000 people in the fields behind my house destroying the beautiful view I wake up to every day and ruin that peaceful tranquility of sitting out in the back garden looking into the distance and all you see is fields with a few sheep and cows.

Archived