Best E-reader?

RancidPunx

Hey Folks.

just wondering if anybody can reccomend me an e-reader?

Basically i intended downloading books from the net mostly in pdf format. I would be looking for something thats light and not sore on the eyes.

Any tips/suggestions are welcome.

Ok,

Say you went to any given torrent site or did a Google search for "wrestling books pdf" as I did, you then download said torrent and put it into a converter from pdf to the required format. Which in the case of the Kobo is .mobi.

Plug your ereader in and in my case the software im using will at a click of a button send it to the reader, then when you eject the reader from your mac/pc it will refresh and your new content will be there.

I bought my misses a kindle earlier this year and its a great bit of kit. You can find pretty much anything through the torrent sites if you look hard enough. I recently read John Macarthy's book after getting it from Demonoid. Mobi is the best format, but it does read pdf. also. I have a pdf. of The Death of WCW, can anyone recommend me a way to convert it to mini so its easier to read?

I bought my misses a kindle earlier this year and its a great bit of kit. You can find pretty much anything through the torrent sites if you look hard enough. I recently read John Macarthy's book after getting it from Demonoid. Mobi is the best format, but it does read pdf. also. I have a pdf. of The Death of WCW, can anyone recommend me a way to convert it to mini so its easier to read?

Try this my friend, http://calibre-ebook.com/ very easy to use. Am surprised that Kobo actually gave me a link from their own site to download and the instructions for using it.

Let me know how you get on.

Fuck converting from PDF to ereader files, it knackers the formatting right up and I can't be arsed correcting it. With A4-ish PDFs, I just set the Kindle screen to horizontal view and fit to screen. You just have to click the down button two or three times a page rather than once. I love the Kindle, like. Can't get enough of it.

I was given a Kindle for Christmas, I fucking love it, one of the best presents I've ever been given (and im one of those people who wasn't big on ereaders cos nothing can beat a real book etc). I've got the bog standard version, and I have a visual impairment but find it really easy to read on, the words are clear, there is no eye strain, its piss easy to use

• Paid Members

girlfriend had a kindle for xmas, it's been in the box until tonight. Just set it up and downloaded The Hunger Games from the amazon store, easy to use. What am i gonna do with the 100 or so books i have upstairs now :confused:

Archived