Do fat people deserve contempt?

WildSybianRider

• Paid Members

I've not read the article, but speaking for the fat people, yes, we completely deserve your contempt. We're poorly motivated, lazy people that you have to work hard to cover for. We take up extra room on the tube and generally get in your way. In generally, we are quick to break a sweat or lose our breath when its most inappropriate. And the single men among us are chronic masturbators who stare at your womenfolk when we think they aren't looking.

Contempt, but not pity. Lots of us are happy with our flabby station in life, and will never turn down beer or chips or cake for fear of getting fat, because we're fat already. Now excuse me, my tea is ready.

I know that the standard line is that fat people don't choose to be fat, genes hormones blah blah. But I have to admit that ALL of the fat people I know coincidentally happen to eat like the ebola virus at a steak house, and do jack shit exercise.

Most of them also "diet". What this means is eating really small lunches with no calories in at all, but then every few hours at work it's "rustle rustle", reaching into their drawer for that crisp packet or biscuit, well it's just this once isn't it. And then massive takeaways most nights, frozen dinner, and plenty of booze whenever they fancy it.

So, yes. Contempt because I'd love to eat what the fuck I want, when I want, but I don't because I don't think it's ok to take the lift whenever I go up one floor, or drive my Greggsmobile to collect my dole cheque, or stink out any space smaller than a football stadium with my BO, or take up so much fucking space on the pavement that people have to step into the road to avoid them. I don't think it's ok that in later life I'll weigh down society like a fat lead weight as my health deteriorates, draining the NHS of resources needed for people with ailments not related to pop tart intake. Instead I'll forgo that Macdonalds on a weekday lunchtime, pass over the cake, politely turn down the cream bun, and abstain from booze for 5 days a week. Just like you should, you fat lazy bastards.

• Paid Members

Let me tell you a story. It's a story about a fat lardy twat who learned to embrace himself, even if his arms couldn't reach all the way around. He spent years exercising and dieting, and yo-yo'ing up and down in weight, until one day he realized that there was no fucking point. Sure, genetics could be beaten, and he could stay relatively healthy, or muscular, but it led to a shit life. It was his choice to either get up, go to the gym, eat a salad, and lay off the crisps, or to not do those things. He chose not, and he never looked back. Or down, because he couldn't see his shoes. He realized that he was awesome any way you slice it, so he'd better slice it thick and coat it in butter.

I know that the standard line is that fat people don't choose to be fat, genes hormones blah blah. But I have to admit that ALL of the fat people I know coincidentally happen to eat like the ebola virus at a steak house, and do jack shit exercise.

Most of them also "diet". What this means is eating really small lunches with no calories in at all, but then every few hours at work it's "rustle rustle", reaching into their drawer for that crisp packet or biscuit, well it's just this once isn't it. And then massive takeaways most nights, frozen dinner, and plenty of booze whenever they fancy it.

I think that's the thing, if someone is comfortable with being overweight and doesn't use it as a crutch then I have no issues with it. It's the ones who constantly use it as a reason for sympathy or beholdenness (such as claiming benefit or using mobility scooters simply because they're too fat and lazy to work/walk), and the ones who are constantly banging on about being on a diet yet never lose a lb who deserve contempt. Because of the inherent laziness the attitude tends to be that one can just starve oneself on an extreme diet for a couple of weeks and suddenly drop 100lbs. Then, the lack of food and willpower combine and it all comes crashing down aound them.

Or there's the percieved 'rewards' system. "Oh i've lost 2 lbs this week, i'm going to celebrate with a reward and have a chipper tonight!". It's bullshit, and usually those same people are the ones posting every single lb of loss on facebook for the applause. I've been losing weight recently, and my wife is bad for saying "You've done really well, you should have a treat!" because I happen to mention that I fancy a glass of wine, or a sausage roll (the two things I really miss the most if I'm honest). There's a reason I'm fat, and that's because I wouldn't say no to myself anytime I 'fancied something fine'. I've failed to lose weight plenty of times in the past, and it's always because I decide to 'treat myself'.

I've lost 46lbs over the last 10 weeks, back down to a 38" waist from a 44" and I feel better than I have done in years (six to be exact). I want to get rid of another 35lbs but I've at least got myself back to a level where I feel comfortable with myself, since being 6 foot and broad shouldered means I can carry what I've got now and not feel like a total unit. I haven't banged on about it, just got my head down (or up out of the trough if you like) and got on with it.

At least the really big ones will die early, so drain the economy for less time.

So who's gonna be the first to bring up the whole "fat people are better in bed" thing?

I thought everyone knew. Apparently for every stone I'm overweight I lose half an inch of wang. The Mrs isn't too keen on dealing with a 39 inch cock if I slim down.

I thought you'd be taller.

Does anybody deserve contempt? If we're talking really really big, I understand why people get pissed off. However, the problem for me is healthy people are being labelled fat. Having a wee bit of a tummy is not fat or unhealthy. My wife goes on about how fat Kelly Clarkson looks now when she just looks normal. People see, say, 6% body fat as the height of health when that's actually too little body fat.

What irritates me is here and in other places is being called fat when I had a perfectly healthy level of body fat and passed every physical I've ever taken. The BMI is bullshit too.

Maybe contempts not the right wording but having been sat behind some stinky folk at wrestling shows I feel that when someone gets to the stage that their body odour overpowers whatever choice of deodarant they've gone for to the point that everyone around feels ill then they need to sort themselves out.

• Paid Members
Maybe contempts not the right wording but having been sat behind some stinky folk at wrestling shows I feel that when someone gets to the stage that their body odour overpowers whatever choice of deodarant they've gone for to the point that everyone around feels ill then they need to sort themselves out.

I'd agree, but plenty of the stinky bastards I've sat behind at shows were thin enough.

I'd agree, but plenty of the stinky bastards I've sat behind at shows were thin enough.

Hmmm perhaps the contempt should be reserved for the stinky bastards in life then

Archived