WCW Jobbers

Forrest

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
All hail the epic jobby'ness that was, Jerry Flynn!

LIGHTNING FOOT IS MAIN EVENT!

Rick Fuller used to stare at the lights a fair bit, but as a child I used to think that Powerhouse Parker just needed THAT ONE WIN and then he'd hit a rich vein of form and be a superstar.

• Paid Members
I loved the shit teams that they'd just throw on screen aswell. The Colossol Kongs, The Cole Twins, The Wrecking Crew. Actually I really liked the Coles and Wrecking Crew back then.

No love for Thunder & Lightening?

I miss the terrible jobber matches where the Mark Starrs and Frankie Lancasters of the world got obliterated, and the stars didnt even work hard enough to be called half-arsing. Some of them used a quarter of their arse at best. I swear I saw Rick Rude win a squash once with a reverse suplex because he couldnt be bothered doing the Rude Awakening.

I loved the shit teams that they'd just throw on screen aswell. The Colossol Kongs, The Cole Twins, The Wrecking Crew. Actually I really liked the Coles and Wrecking Crew back then.
No love for Thunder & Lightening?

Meh, the poor mans Power Company. ;)

You also had Men at Work, the Barrio Brothers and Rough & Ready (actually, they could've been really good)

Back to singles, another one of my favorite names; the legend that was Sledgehammer McGill!

And are we really 3 pages into this without a mention of Nasty Ned??

WCW was great for gimmicked jobbers. So many of them, all sorts.

• Paid Members
I loved WCW's jobber crew. I actually started to look forward to their matches, just to see how quick they'd lose that week.

Sonny Trout, The Gambler, Jumpin' Joey Maggs, The Italian Stallion, Pat Rose, Bob Cook, State Patrol, The Terrorist, 'Pistol' Pez Whatley. Why I remember all these guys so vividly I don't know. There's more I'm forgetting.

Sometimes they'd even get mini feuds. Frankie Lancaster got a multi week rivalry with Alex Wright one time. Started with them teaming one match and one acidentally headbutted the other in the pills and that didn't go down well.

I loved Worldwide.

Wasnt Louis Theroux called Pistol Pez Whatley during his weird weekend episode?

I loved WCW's jobber crew. I actually started to look forward to their matches, just to see how quick they'd lose that week.

Sonny Trout, The Gambler, Jumpin' Joey Maggs, The Italian Stallion, Pat Rose, Bob Cook, State Patrol, The Terrorist, 'Pistol' Pez Whatley. Why I remember all these guys so vividly I don't know. There's more I'm forgetting.

Sometimes they'd even get mini feuds. Frankie Lancaster got a multi week rivalry with Alex Wright one time. Started with them teaming one match and one acidentally headbutted the other in the pills and that didn't go down well.

I loved Worldwide.

Wasnt Louis Theroux called Pistol Pez Whatley during his weird weekend episode?

No but Whatley was the friendlier of the two Powerplant trainers in that show...

• Paid Members

Yeah Theroux went under the name 'Waldo' Ebb. Pistol Pez was a regular on NWA TV in the 80s I think. He did come off well on that show as I recall.

Funnily enough after the mentions of Hardbody Harrison in this thread, I think he was in the power plant scenes in that Theroux show aswell.

WCW @ Atlanta, GA - Center Stage Theatre - April 27, 1993

WCW Saturday Night taping:

The Junkyard Dog & Jim Neidhart defeated Chic Donovan & Rip Rogers at 4:20 when Donovan submitted to Neidhart's Anvilizer cobra clutch after sustaining JYD's powerslam;

The Wrecking Crew, Tex Slazenger & Shanghai Pierce defeated 2 Cold Scorpio & Marcus Alexander Bagwell, Keith & Kent Cole via disqualification at 10:47 when one of the Coles hit Slazenger with his own bullrope after Slazenger attempted to use it as a weapon

• Paid Members
Yeah Theroux went under the name 'Waldo' Ebb. Pistol Pez was a regular on NWA TV in the 80s I think. He did come off well on that show as I recall.

Funnily enough after the mentions of Hardbody Harrison in this thread, I think he was in the power plant scenes in that Theroux show aswell.

Ahhh yeah. Does he cut a promo saying that he'll be wrestling Pistol Pez?

I used to love Norman the Lunatic, Rip Rogers and Jacko Victory (as the New Zealand Militia-they sucked as the Royal Family), The Cuban Assassin and the State Patrol. WCW easily had the best jobbers in the late 80s and early 90s.

My favourite ever jobber remains Lee Scott though, just for that one match in which he basically got obliterated by Sid Vicious. Never saw him in another match, but I really didn't need to! Lee Scott I salute you.

• Paid Members
My favourite ever jobber remains Lee Scott though, just for that one match in which he basically got obliterated by Sid Vicious. Never saw him in another match, but I really didn't need to! Lee Scott I salute you.

Ended up as a ref in WCW, didn't he?

Archived