WCW Jobbers

Forrest

Back in the days when WCW had more TV shows than ITV, they also had 4 gazillion guys under contract. This led to the creation of a whole new breed of jobber. One for whom being squashed on Saturday Night was regarded as a career highlight. We had The Gambler, "Hardwork" Bobby Walker and Road Block as well as...

Frank Anderson:

He was Swedish. He was an Olympian. He was fucking magic. Great technical wrestler, if only he'd got a fued with Chip Minton. It'd have been a license to print money.

Discuss your favourite WCW nobodies.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll probably remember the name Sonny Trout long after I'be forgotten the names of my immediate family.

Haha, who could forget Sonny Trout. :laugh:

Class name. Remember the Southern posse? He was one hairy fucker.

• Moderators
Frank Anderson:

He was Swedish. He was an Olympian. He was fucking magic. Great technical wrestler, if only he'd got a fued with Chip Minton. It'd have been a license to print money.

Andersson was nothing like a jobber! He was like a Swedish Goldberg, running over all in his path on the European Worldwide. I don't think he ever lost a match on TV. I didn't see it anyway.

Rock Hard Rick/Rick Rockhard was the best anyway.

Can I get some love for The State Patrol?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68off_ri...te-patrol_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkbwnd_th...te-patrol_sport

Edit: Rip Rogers was no jobber. He beat The Yellow Dog and revealed him to be... Pork Chop Cash.

Edit edit: No... Pork Chop revealed Rip Rogers to be the Yellow Pillman Dog.

Ignore me.

Snake Watson. Yes.

There were also people who were featured as champions in regional promotions covered by PWI who would then be jobbers in WCW, which confused a young me no end. People like George South, Pat Rose and The Italian Stallion (who often got a bit of offence in, as I later discovered that he was the King of the Jobbers, in that he arranged the local workers for the job spots for tapings). In hindsight, the experienced guys like these worked with the younger talents, while the younger jobbers just got the living shit drilled out of them by The Steiners and Doom. It was magical.

Snake Watson. Yes.

There were also people who were featured as champions in regional promotions covered by PWI who would then be jobbers in WCW, which confused a young me no end. People like George South, Pat Rose and The Italian Stallion (who often got a bit of offence in, as I later discovered that he was the King of the Jobbers, in that he arranged the local workers for the job spots for tapings). In hindsight, the experienced guys like these worked with the younger talents, while the younger jobbers just got the living shit drilled out of them by The Steiners and Doom. It was magical.

Exactly!!! Would be watching worldwide etc, notice a 'champ' make his way to the ring with zero fan fare, then watch and be very confused as they proceeded to get their ass kicked inside a minute.

I remember when Rip Rogers was unmasked as the Yellow Dog, they had been building it up for weeks and then a very obvious different man came out.. haha

I saw him wrestle a couple of times in Croydon, I guess he got his 15 mins of fame?

Is it wrong that I spent about an hour watching Frank Anderson matches with Swedish commentary a few months back?!

There's a clip somewhere of him signing with WCW, with Bischoff in it, which is quite interesting.

Archived