1PW Memories

IANdrewDiceClay

All I really remember were epic fanboys and that Gauntley guy liked crack.

....and alot of the wrestlers liked his daughters crack by all intents and purposes.......

As someone who wasn't around for the 1PW stuff, more on this please.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'd forgotten about the Corino bump off the balcony. That was the one weekend of shows I went to (got to hold the NWA World title, which was pretty cool). The Corino bump was great for me because Alexander, who'd drank a brewery or two by this point and absolutely loves Steve Corino, jumped up looking horrified then ran over barging through the other people running to see if Corino was okay.

• Paid Members

The original spawn of 1PW was a combination of some great matches and some long matches. Steve Corino vs Al Snow still remains the only match I have gone to sleep during. The match had been on for 20 minutes, was going nowhere and sleep took over, I woke up 30 minutes later and the fucker was still going on. During one of the early shows my mate had the choice of either missing the entire second half or booking a hotel during the interval. He went across the road to a hotel, booked a roon, had a quick shower and freshened up, came back to the Dome and the interval was still on. Some of the shows went on for days.

The original spawn of 1PW was a combination of some great matches and some long matches. Steve Corino vs Al Snow still remains the only match I have gone to sleep during. The match had been on for 20 minutes, was going nowhere and sleep took over, I woke up 30 minutes later and the fucker was still going on.

From what I heard the Snow/Corino match went on that long because the Sandman was due on next (for a triple threat vs Raven and Dreamer)and he was so fucking wasted they needed to stall and give him time to be in some kind of position to be able to work a match.

Judging by the Sandmans condition at the Q&A earlier in the day when I was there this story is credible.

Then sandman came out did his full on entrance and the fans went batshit crazy for it. He worked a half decent match too lol.

Being in the crowd at that moment will be one thing I never forget.

The original spawn of 1PW was a combination of some great matches and some long matches. Steve Corino vs Al Snow still remains the only match I have gone to sleep during. The match had been on for 20 minutes, was going nowhere and sleep took over, I woke up 30 minutes later and the fucker was still going on.

i was at that one, me and mate thought it woudl be the last one before the interval so went to the bar about 15 min.5 hours later (or so it felt) people started coming in so we thought we had missed a match or two but they said that they just kept going and going and going and going.

Fight Club at Barnsley was ok, got to chat with Jimmy Snuka while he was having a fag outside the back

i was at that one, me and mate thought it woudl be the last one before the interval so went to the bar about 15 min.5 hours later (or so it felt) people started coming in so we thought we had missed a match or two but they said that they just kept going and going and going and going.

Fight Club at Barnsley was ok, got to chat with Jimmy Snuka while he was having a fag outside the back

Didn't they do an hour match with McGuinness and Burridge, and/or Williams and Corino?

Didn't they do an hour match with McGuinness and Burridge, and/or Williams and Corino?

They did a 45 minute Iron Man match between McGuinness and Burridge at the Second Year Anniversary in Oct 07.

Williams/Corino had a 2/3 falls match in Barnsley June 06 that supposedly went to the 45 minute time limit, but in reality was around 35/40 minutes from what I remember of it at the time.

Archived