WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 5/4/2012

ThePhenom

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the way Sandow holds the microphone. What a classy guy.

I love Ryback's squashes more though. I hope they never do anything else with him to be honest. Feeding him ajobber a week (two or three for special occasions) for the next year would keep me right entertained. I'd probably by the DVD.

Honestly? What exactly is entertaining about them? I think constant squash matches are a little insulting in this day and age.

However, Damien Sandow is clearly the best thing the WWE has going right now. Long may he continue.

• Paid Members

The sheer brutality of them is entertaining. The fact that he looks like if you stuck a pin in him there'd be a huge explosion and then a shower of cocaine and 'roids covering the arena. The fact that he's beating up good old fashioned jobbers. If you don't love Ryback's squashes then I think we have very different outlooks on wrestling and should agree to disagree. However, even if we do that I think it's a bit odd that anyone would find them insulting.

Agreed that Sandow is looking great so far though.

When the WWE has a roster of the size they do, and they insist on filling half of Smackdown with things that I've already seen on Raw replayed in their entirety, I find it a little insulting that one of the few matches they give us is over in seconds, and features 'bloke you've never seen before and never will again'.

When it comes to brutality, I like it to come in the shape of the Lesnar/Cena match.

• Paid Members

You see a Lesnar vs Cena type match once every 18 months or something. That type of match cant be done every month. I bet the whole roster is chuffed that they are using a local nobody to squash on TV. Nobody wants to be taken apart in 30 seconds with no entrance music from a giant rookie.

• Paid Members

A 30 second squash is an "actual match". It gets the job done by building a new monster. That's more effective than putting Ryback in the ring for 12 minutes against Curt Hawkins. This is very early in his build, so he's allowed to establish himself as a killer. If he doesn't establish himself as a monster now, why will people believe he's a monster in 3 months time?

Smackdown was beyond awful this week, but I do echo the opinions that Damien Sandow seems like a really good character. Speaking of characters however, I'm really sick of Brodus Clay now. The whole long entrance and joking around has officially stopped being even remotely cool or funny for myself, and is now very very old and tired. Enough.

• Paid Members
When the WWE has a roster of the size they do, and they insist on filling half of Smackdown with things that I've already seen on Raw replayed in their entirety, I find it a little insulting that one of the few matches they give us is over in seconds, and features 'bloke you've never seen before and never will again'.

Yeah, it's over in seconds. What would they use that time for otherwise? A fucking Divas match, that's what.

They're building a specific type of character. Try having some patience and actually see where it goes.

Yeah, I first saw Sandow about a month or so ago and saw bits of him in FCW. He used that 'thanks for your meaningless contribution' thing there too. He's basically done a gimmick I wanted to do very well. I liked his vignette saying about people feeling the need to express the minutiae of their lives in 140 characters or less.

And yeah, WWE do need him. There was a sign at Extreme Rules saying 'Lesnar could't make it in UFC'. How do you miss an 'n' out there?

• Paid Members

You are far too easily insulted you GREAT BIG VAGINA.

Archived