Bedtime

Dan Williams

Anyway, slight change of direction; what are the general thoughts on eating in bed? When I was younger I'd often have toast in bed before getting my head down but as I've got older the very thought of having crumbs getting all up in my bi'ness completely makes my skin crawl. I know some people, however, who swear by tea and toast in bed and I can't help but question their sanity.

I fucking hate it. I go mental at my missus when I'm having to swipe crumbs off the bed cus she's had toast. Toast crumbs in the bed, I can only imagine, is like lying on a bed of nails.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I have the blanket over me but for some reason I have to have a leg outside of it.

I've always done this & I have no idea why.

I used to sleep in boxers when I was single but me & my girlfriend always sleep naked together, oddly enough on the rare occasion I spend a night alone I go back to wearing boxers .

Sleeping in socks is gross but fucking in socks is just too foul for words, like bollock naked except for socks? It must just look so terrible, do you have bad foot odour or something Richie?

• Paid Members

I thought every one slept naked once you were too old to wear your jim-jams? I thought it was pretty normal to go to sleeping in the nude from adolescence. And if you wear socks to do the dirty, then you belong in a 1960s comedy film.

• Moderators
Sickboy, do you rest your head on a pillow when you sleep on the floor?

Of course, I'm not insane.

I feared this would turn into a Justice-style piece of ammo that would haunt me forever, but really, it's nowhere near as crazy as it sounds. HONEST. I cracked my spine in '02, and I was pretty much in constant pain in day-to-day life in the years that followed. Floor-sleeping completely mended it, like nothing else I'd tried had even come close to doing.

You pooves with your soft, feathered girly-beds.

This sleeping (and doing sex) in socks thing though -- NO. Tube sites should get rid of all sock-fucker videos immediately, and report the uploaders to the authorities. The thought of Richie tutting as he peels off a pair of socks with wobbly stink lines coming off like in the Beano as he climbs into his monthly bath has given me the dry bokes.

• Moderators

I cam understand the floor sleeping. I've done it before out of necessity, but I had some padding, like a yoga mat etc, and it really was surprisingly comfortable. Are you literally arse-to-floor? No padding what so ever?

I generally sleep naked in my own bed, though there may be an added element from the pants/socks/t-shirt departments if it's super-cold. Like Frankie, I stay somewhat dressed when staying at other people's houses. Worst "sleep" in recent memory was after a (non-alcoholic) night out, when I was staying on the bedroom floor of someone I'd met that night. As him and his fiancee slept in the bed. I spent the entire time feeling gassy from the cola and trying not to fart or do a loud belly-rumble. And at one point when I did fall asleep for five minutes, I got told off for snoring.

A strange thing I do, bed-wise, is put my arm under (and extending past) my head. So even though I'm nary five foot tall, my feet are still sticking out the end of the bed. And I often have terrible trouble finding the right amount of pillow. I have three, with one or two folded over. Often, it feels too high a stack. But if I don't fold them over, it's too low.

• Paid Members

This thread has definitely had the Steve Justice affect. The notion of Justice waking up fuming at his revolting missus for causing him to wake up in a crumby bed, then proceeding to the bathroom, lifting the seat up and planting his arse on the rim for a morning dump while still shaking his head in disgust at how she could do something so wrong and disgusting amuses me.

As does the thought of Astro Sickzeck just sleeping on the floor for some reason, yet it doesn't at all surprise me. I'm not sure what this all says about the image i've got of him. But i imagine a room full of papers or scribblings, lots screwed up and thrown on the floor. And then, after frustration reaches its highest point and he's got complete writers block he settles his temper by moving to the floor for a cozy nap on the floor to calm himself. Just lying there. Plank position. No pillow, no blanket, no duvet. Just lying there staring at the ceiling.

Richie and his socks definitely sounds fucking horrid. Nothing amusing even in a disturbing sense there. There's often nothing better then getting home and letting your feet free from the suffocation they've been suffering. I fucking love my feet to be free actually. That doesn't mean i like fucking 'flip-flops' though. Hate those. I enjoy being barefoot though, certainly wouldn't intentionally go to bed donning socks. There's so many things wrong and troubling about you Freebird, it would seem.

If anybody is wondering how i go to sleep, it's on a big pile of money with many beautiful ladies.

• Moderators
This thread has definitely had the Steve Justice affect. The notion of Justice waking up fuming at his revolting missus for causing him to wake up in a crumby bed, then proceeding to the bathroom, lifting the seat up and planting his arse on the rim for a morning dump while still shaking his head in disgust at how she could do something so wrong and disgusting amuses me.

The image I have is even worse. A naked Steve Justice sweating profusely, while his arse is covered in the piss and pubes from shitting with the seat up. And now apparently covered in crumbs.

Also, socks in bed is totally wrong unless you are in some fucking cold conditions. The rare times I do it, I find that the hair follicles on my feet are somewhat sore as well.

• Paid Members

I remember kipping fully clothed (jacket, jewellery, trainers the lot) after a night out on Mickfan's bedroom floor when I was 18. I was watching Predator and fell asleep. When I woke up the following morning, I'm not exaggerating when I say it felt like I'd had a good kicking. My knees, thighs and back were killing and my face felt inside out. Also, my cheap necklace has rubbed off with the sweat and my neck turned green. It was a bad couple of hours sleep that. I had college the same day as well. It was a horrible day.

• Paid Members
The worst night's sleep you can get at a mate's house is trying to sleep on an armchair, it's a mug's game (especially if you're over 6 foot like me)

I went to a party at a mate's house when I was 16, and I was designated sober person - I designated this myself, as I'm much funnier when sober and was trying to cop off with this bird that was there through the power of being fucking funny. When everyone went to sleep in chairs immediately pissed, I tried to follow suit sober and all full of Corona cola - I couldn't sleep, and I had to watch as my mate Byrney stood up in the corner of the room and pissed all over the place.

Archived