Bedtime

Dan Williams

• Paid Members

Can't say I've ever thought of putting ice packs in a bed to make it cool.

I'm a sucker for a comfy bed. Stayed at a Marriott over the weekend and the bed was one of those ones that are just so damn comfy. The type you jump on and just sink in. It was bliss. I managed to get a decent's night sleep which I'm normally don't as I'm usually a terrible sleeper.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Summer time is a nightmare for me and I pretty much have two fans running all night just to keep me cool.

I have this incredible image now of you in the summertime sitting in a paddling pool in your living room wailing incoherently while your wife and children ladel water over you to make sure you keep cool and moist.

Heaven~

Steve Justice needs his own sitcom.

It's a shame the title 'A Life Less Ordinary' is already taken.

"Cheeks on the Ceramic"?

I'm an undies and socks sleeper, that is unless I fall asleep within seconds of having sex, but even then I generally wake up and return my kegs to their post at some point shortly afterwards.

As far as coolness goes? Yeah, a cool bed is nice. I sometimes flip the pillows and duvets over to maximise cooling effect. Ice seems a step far though. Cool is the key. Ice is COLD (and wet).

• Paid Members
I'm an undies and socks sleeper, that is unless I fall asleep within seconds of having sex, but even then I generally wake up and return my kegs to their post at some point shortly afterwards.

It's "kecks", not "kegs". And "stopping sobbing", not "having sex".

This is conjuring up all sorts of visual pictures of people's nocturnal and bedtime habits - is that wrong :confused:

Seriously, this is a really interesting subject and one that is not usually discussed beyond the limits of immediate family.

Have to say, I do sleep on the floor when really ill - it feels better down there somehow. Plus it tends to be on the bathroom floor for greater proximity to the toilet, too much information I know.......

People wear their socks to bed? I bet they wear them to fuck as well.

The whole concept is utterly alien to me.

Yep and yep. My socks pretty much only come off in the bath / shower. For some reason the "socks during sex" thing came up at work once and my boss (a 60 year old woman) was horrified at my admitted conduct.

• Awards Moderator

Yep, add me to the sleeping bollocko gang. Wearing any type of clothing to sleep in is so restricting, however if I stay at a friend's house I put myself through that discomfort as I find it weird sleeping naked in someone else's spare bed. The absolute worst, though, was the few times I've had to sleep in a pair of jeans. Most of the times that's happened has been if I've crashed at a mate's after a party or night out unexpectedly and the only option is the sofa. My worst experience of it was at Uni, mind. I somehow managed to put the lips on a girl I'd liked for ages and in her drunken state she asked me to go back to hers, under the strict proviso that there would be no funny business. In my head, I interpreted that as 'please come back to mine and give me the most decidedly average, awkward two and a half minutes of my life'. When I tried it on back in her bed, she put the blockers on and said I could only stay over if I stated fully clothed. Probably because she didn't want to be prodded by a semi all night. Anyway, to be a gent I agreed and then had to try to sleep sharing a single bed in a pair of jeans with a stiffy on. I don't think I've ever fidgeted as much in my life.

Anyway, slight change of direction; what are the general thoughts on eating in bed? When I was younger I'd often have toast in bed before getting my head down but as I've got older the very thought of having crumbs getting all up in my bi'ness completely makes my skin crawl. I know some people, however, who swear by tea and toast in bed and I can't help but question their sanity.

• Paid Members

Nude is the only way to go in bed. I move around an absurd amount when I sleep and even boxers just end up completely twisted around and bunched up. And I have a fan on all year round. I just have it set low in the winter. I have the blanket over me but for some reason I have to have a leg outside of it.

Archived