Bedtime

Dan Williams

• Moderators
I suggest a wooden slatted bed frame and a really hard mattress. I can't abide a soft bed, but sleeping on the floor is for cowboys and drunks.

Your way of suggesting I stop doing something is to compare it to what a cowboy would do?!

Clint.jpg

fuck-a bed, nigga

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
At the risk of Steve Justicing myself by outing something everyone thinks is weird, I haven't slept in a bed for about 5 years. I'm not a tramp; I've had terrible back problems, but sleeping on the floor completely fixed it. When I slept in a bed, I couldn't even sit on the floor for longer than 30 seconds, and even chairs I weren't used to were killer. Now, I'm a-okay.

Ice packs seems insane though.

So do you have a bed that is never used to trick people into thinking you sleep like a normal person or is your bedroom just empty with some hay on the floor?

It's not weird. Whilst I don't put ice packs in my bed, I do prefer a cool bed to a warm/hot one. Summer time is a nightmare for me and I pretty much have two fans running all night just to keep me cool. I find a warm bed quite claustrophobic and uncomfortable. Another problem I have is I can't sleep without covers over me, and even a sheet is too thin. I like the comfort of a duvet, but hate the warmth from it.

Oh thank god, that is exactly how I am. Cannot sleep in summer, I have to have a fan on all night and yet need a cover on top of me and yes, a sheet is too thin. At least now you can buy summer duvets with the lighter tog but it still doesn't feel quite right.

Will seriously consider ice packs if we have a heatwave!!

It's not weird. Whilst I don't put ice packs in my bed, I do prefer a cool bed to a warm/hot one. Summer time is a nightmare for me and I pretty much have two fans running all night just to keep me cool. I find a warm bed quite claustrophobic and uncomfortable. Another problem I have is I can't sleep without covers over me, and even a sheet is too thin. I like the comfort of a duvet, but hate the warmth from it.

Oh thank god, that is exactly how I am. Cannot sleep in summer, I have to have a fan on all night and yet need a cover on top of me and yes, a sheet is too thin. At least now you can buy summer duvets with the lighter tog but it still doesn't feel quite right.

Will seriously consider ice packs if we have a heatwave!!

We have a duck feather duvet which is supposed to be good for hot and cold weather. My missus loves it, I think it's just the same as any other duvet.

Also, Steve Justicing? Really? :(

Another problem I have is I can't sleep without covers over me, and even a sheet is too thin. I like the comfort of a duvet, but hate the warmth from it.

I have the exact same problem/comfort requirement. Even in the boiling hot summer, I -must- have a duvet on me but only hate the warmth in the summer.

• Paid Members
Another problem I have is I can't sleep without covers over me, and even a sheet is too thin. I like the comfort of a duvet, but hate the warmth from it.

I have the exact same problem/comfort requirement. Even in the boiling hot summer, I -must- have a duvet on me but only hate the warmth in the summer.

I've defeated all of these weaknesses - I used to only be able to sleep under a duvet, in complete silence - now, I sleep duvetless, frequently with the lights on and the TV. Try complete exhaustion all of the time, it works wonders.

Who sleeps naked? I can't be doing with wearing pyjamas or whatever in bed, far too hot even in winter.

• Moderators

Attn: AstroHollywood. Literally on the floor? Nothing but your arse on carpet?

I have a very hard time sleeping naked. I need the security of my underpants.

• Paid Members
Summer time is a nightmare for me and I pretty much have two fans running all night just to keep me cool.

I have this incredible image now of you in the summertime sitting in a paddling pool in your living room wailing incoherently while your wife and children ladel water over you to make sure you keep cool and moist.

Summer time is a nightmare for me and I pretty much have two fans running all night just to keep me cool.

I have this incredible image now of you in the summertime sitting in a paddling pool in your living room wailing incoherently while your wife and children ladel water over you to make sure you keep cool and moist.

Heaven~

Steve Justice needs his own sitcom.

It's a shame the title 'A Life Less Ordinary' is already taken.

• Moderators
Attn: AstroHollywood. Literally on the floor? Nothing but your arse on carpet?

I have a very hard time sleeping naked. I need the security of my underpants.

Ditto.. anything more than just pants is constricting and uncomfortable (sometimes socks if it's really cold), but no pants just feels wrong somehow. If it's really hot I might remove the pants in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep but I won't generally go to sleep without them.

Archived