WWE Over The Limit 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As much as i'm going to enjoy Bryan/Punk, considering everything thats gone on recently, to have Jericho and Bryan just switch title match opponants seems a bit strange on paper.If anything this just makes Jericho look a bit more pathetic in my eyes. Bryan won the beat the clock thing, giving him a title match where as jericho just kinda of "Gave Up" on trying to show CM Punk that he is the best in the world.....and just half jumped ship to have a crack at the world title.

• Paid Members

No one gives a shit about Jericho anyway, his return has been such a fuck up that if he disappeared after this PPV no one would really notice and unless he turns babyface there is nowhere for his character to go.

No one gives a shit about Jericho anyway, his return has been such a fuck up that if he disappeared after this PPV no one would really notice and unless he turns babyface there is nowhere for his character to go.

I personally wouldn't go that far. I enjoyed the CM Punk feud, and I would have liked to have seen it extended to Over The Limit if I'm honest. I thought they produced two good PPV matches and I'd have liked a trilogy. I agree his return has been a fuck up however. I loved the silent return, but when his first match back was some throw away tag effort, and he muttered words about "End of the World" at Royal Rumble when in fact nothing happened whatsoever, he lost a ton of momentum. I like the idea of a Jeri-troll, and although I spot signs saying this, apart from those first few appearances I've seen nothing of the sorts. A heel Jericho constantly trolling the faces could be fun, but its not happening.

I can't imagine it's made one person have anything resembling heel heat for him, just confusion. It's a mish-mash of his two characters. It seemed like the initial plan was for him to be like a parody of his original character, but I don't know why he was a mute really. To try do some kind of 'slow burn' that would create intrigue and increase ratings I guess. There was a lot of confusion, not much intrigue.

• Paid Members

I personally wouldn't go that far. I enjoyed the CM Punk feud, and I would have liked to have seen it extended to Over The Limit if I'm honest. I thought they produced two good PPV matches and I'd have liked a trilogy.
They didn't need another match. They had two matches, both of which Punk won clean. There was nowhere else for the feud to go both match-wise and angle-wise. They also met at Elimination Chamber and Punk knocked him out there, too. The matches were good but the feud was terrible.

Jericho is simply treading water until he leaves to go on tour with Fozzy again and promote the new album. Having Punk beat him for a third straight time would add weight to his BITW claims as he would be the clear winner of the feudBack to Punk/Bryan, I just hope its given decent time on the show. I'm not saying it has to be an epic, but you get a very enjoyable 20 minutes out of them I reckon

I can't imagine it's made one person have anything resembling heel heat for him, just confusion. It's a mish-mash of his two characters. It seemed like the initial plan was for him to be like a parody of his original character, but I don't know why he was a mute really. To try do some kind of 'slow burn' that would create intrigue and increase ratings I guess. There was a lot of confusion, not much intrigue.

The whole point of him not speaking was that he was always going to be cheered on his return. So this let people get their cheers out, and he slowly pissed them off. The cheers turned to boos, and he was a heel again. I thought that was pretty obvious myself.I'm not a huge fan of his current jacket, the first one was much better. That aside though, I still think he's brilliant. His matches with Punk have been great to watch, and the promo's have been good, especially since they're grounded in reality. Disappointing not to have a mention of Miss Hooters 2011 though. Also, the Punk walking the line to prove he wasn't drunk was one of the best segments I've seen on Raw all year.Apparently, I'm alone in this view though.

I get that he was getting people to become annoyed with him as he kept buggering off. But then when he did finally speak, it was about how the world was going to end and nothing drastic happened at Royal Rumble. That didn't illicit boos, it got cheers as he'd finally spoken. Then he discarded the whole mute thing and became what we have now.So yeah, I saw what they were trying to do but even at the time I couldn't see it working for them.

You said: "I don't know why he was a mute really." What he said when he actually spoke is another thing.To be honest, yes, his vignettes have had little to do really with what's since transpired. You can say that he was ending Punks world, and taking back the title of Best in the world which was rightfully his, but he's not really pressed that point as much as he should have done. But then this is the WWE. The only place in the world where continuity matters less is TNA.

• Paid Members

Blimey. The best thing about that match, by the way, was Punk's stuff with Steamboat. You barely noticed Bryan was there at times. He's come a VERY long way.

Archived