1PW Book

Arnold Furious

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Iif you contributed a really juicy story towards this book which is a main reason to buy the book you would be happy to contribute the content and allow someone else to go ahead and make

• Paid Members
I do not know about the publishing industry and was just doing some rough estimates. For me it just does not seem fair that the publisher takes such a high cut. If I knew thats how it rolls and I was part of 1PW I wouldn't bother my arse even giving anything to the book as there is not much money to be made in providing content to the author.

It's not as big a bother as you seem to think. The author probably got most of the stories via email/phone/Skype, and in the unlikely event he actually met up with anyone, he probably went to their house/local/a show they were on or at on his own buck. This is a small, independent project, people weren't being flown around in jets to give their stories in private nightclubs while being sucked off by seven prostitutes.

And you weren't doing rough estimates, you were making clueless guesses about a huge, multi-layered, multi-leveled industry, assuming that you were about 90% correct at worst, then making big sweeping moral statements about what authors should do with the money they've earned. Most of the guys involved with 1PW were probably happy to just tell the stories because the stories make them laugh. Everyone I've ever talked to who's worked on a 1PW event had some tale of ineptitude and disorganisation to tell, perhaps as some kind of catharsis for the hell of being involved with the whole mess, or perhaps just because that's what you do with the wacky stories you pick up in wrestling. Nobody's guarding their experiences with a gun, demanding that they get their slice of the pie (which they've calculated using bizarre, unfounded guesswork).

I contributed to the book because I chose to tell my side of the story. I was there when it started and was there when it finished so ive seen enough in that time for what I believe to be insightful to the reader. I have not pulled any punches and told it like I saw it as im sure everyone else has. I didnt ask for anything nor did I seek financial gain. I just thought if someone is writing a book about 1PW that i would like to contribute to it regardless of the juicy gossip (of which im sure there is plenty) and all the controversy that came from 1PW.

Im personally looking forward to reading it.

I'd gladly add a contribution to a 'Fuck off Tommyboi' fund.

Although, maybe we should just start throwing bottles of piss at him in an effort to have the mods fire him and replace him with a stand-up comedian.

Fucking hell. dangerously420 is like the Brock Lesnar of the publishing world.

28220604.png

Put it this way if I worked for 1PW which I didn't but if I did and had some good stories to tell I'd be wanting paid for it. Just wouldn't want to be doing it for fun for free.

Was it you that ran that infamous Wrestlemania party at some shithole in Glasgow (or Scotland somewhere)? You probably shouldn't be lecturing anyone on business.

• Moderators
Put it this way if I worked for 1PW which I didn't but if I did and had some good stories to tell I'd be wanting paid for it. Just wouldn't want to be doing it for fun for free.

There's no need to reiterate your stance. No one has misunderstood your point. We just think you're a fucking retard, is all.

There's no need to reiterate your stance. No one has misunderstood your point. We just think you're a fucking retard, is all.

Think know ..

capturexco.png

Archived