1PW Book

Arnold Furious

ALL OR NOTHING: The Story of Europe's Most Controversial Wrestling Company

The history of Europe's most controversial wrestling promotion: 1PW. The group employed the biggest stars in the business and caused massive ripples throughout the industry.

This fascinating tale delves deep behind the scenes, interviewing ALL of the key players involved from all over the globe. Including:

Christopher Daniels, Abyss, Steve Corino, Kid Kash, Nigel McGuinness, Doug Williams, Steven Gauntley, Tracy Smothers, Jerry Lynn and over 40 more

There are over 25 exclusive reviews of all the major events from Arnold Furious. Also, there is a comprehensive results and title history guide.

This is a fans dream, looking in great detail at everything from the wrestlers to the bookers to the promoters. No stone is left unturned and this book will revolutionise the way people view pro wrestling in the UK.

It does not matter if you know of or followed the company at the time, any fan of pro wrestling will be captivated and fascinated by the content of this 300,000+ word epic.

Available now: All Or Nothing

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

HA! This could be either the best wrestling book ever written (if the stories from what was posted on here at the time are in it) or the most pointless thing ever put down in print. Any mention of "ONE PEE DUB WAZ THE UK'S ECW!" and there's definitely no way I'm buying it. I want stories of Japanese blokes flying over here to find out there is no show to be held. Have an awful feeling it'll be some cock sucking piece, where they try and make out 1PW was something more than a bunch of money marks putting on shit shows with star names every now and again. "IT CHANGED DA BIZ, MATE!"

Who's James Dixon anyway?

HA! This could be either the best wrestling book ever written (if the stories from what was posted on here at the time are in it) or the most pointless thing ever put down in print. Any mention of "ONE PEE DUB WAZ THE UK'S ECW!" and there's definitely no way I'm buying it. I want stories of Japanese blokes flying over here to find out there is no show to be held. Have an awful feeling it'll be some cock sucking piece, where they try and make out 1PW was something more than a bunch of money marks putting on shit shows with star names every now and again. "IT CHANGED DA BIZ, MATE!"

Who's James Dixon anyway?

James Dixon is an independent writer. He's the one who conducted all the interviews and edited this beast together. And if you're looking for good stories about 1PW you won't be disappointed.

• Paid Members

Memories of 1PW..... the No Turning Back show where the advertised Ki v Daniels match turned into a three way with Elix Skipper so neither of them had to do a job, immediately followed by Joe v Tanaka ending on a count out after about five minutes, so neither of them had to do a job. Pretty much crushed my enthusiasm for anything they book actually turning out as announced or featuring any decisive winners.

Followed up the weekend after where they announced Christian for both nights but he fucked off to do a movie on the saturday. I didnt give a shit because they did Joe v Daniels v Styles after all three had singles matches, but any parents that could only bring their kids to one of the two shows to see the TNA Champion must have been well hacked off. They knew he wasnt going to be able to appear on the saturday... they advertised him anyway. Cunts.

Memories of 1PW..... the No Turning Back show where the advertised Ki v Daniels match turned into a three way with Elix Skipper so neither of them had to do a job, immediately followed by Joe v Tanaka ending on a count out after about five minutes, so neither of them had to do a job. Pretty much crushed my enthusiasm for anything they book actually turning out as announced or featuring any decisive winners.

Followed up the weekend after where they announced Christian for both nights but he fucked off to do a movie on the saturday. I didnt give a shit because they did Joe v Daniels v Styles after all three had singles matches, but any parents that could only bring their kids to one of the two shows to see the TNA Champion must have been well hacked off. They knew he wasnt going to be able to appear on the saturday... they advertised him anyway. Cunts.

That's all covered in the book. The reasoning behind those matches happening the way they did, especially the finishes and the whole Christian situation.

Knowing some of the folk involved in helping Mr Dixon round up his interviews and having been interviewed myself for a chapter, I've been lucky enough to check out a nearly finished copy of this book, and I'd encourage anyone who had an interest at the time to check it out. It looked to me from having read the stories I knew that it was a very balanced attempt to represent everyone's viewpoint and perspective without the author himself having a particular agenda, so I guess how you take it is going to depend on who you believe and your worldview. There's certainly a few comments even in the couple of pages I've read that I didn't necessarily agree with, but nothing I could fault the author for including or felt was unfair to anyone. A tough task in this day and age, so yes, definitely worth picking up - I will be doing so myself as I know remarkably little about the stories that didn't directly involve me!

Can you confirm that none of the profits from this book will be going to Gauntley, Rodd or any of the other former owners of 1PW? I wouldn't want to buy it if it's just another way of squeezing the last pennies out of the UK fans.

I think when you read it, it'll be quiet clear that it's an independent publication. And believe me, with what Lulu charge, nobody's making out like a bandit to the extent that there'll be money to splash around either way, haha. It's neither a rose-tinted glasses look at the promotion nor an effort to smear it, which I think for someone too close to the situation it would have been. Fascinating stuff.

Can you confirm that none of the profits from this book will be going to Gauntley, Rodd or any of the other former owners of 1PW? I wouldn't want to buy it if it's just another way of squeezing the last pennies out of the UK fans.

Absolutely no money will find its way to Gauntley or Rodd. Both have been interviewed for the book but did so of their own accord. Its a book about 1PW not by 1PW.

A small question to the topic starter.

Have you paid everyone who has contributed content towards this publication? The reason i ask is that if i was part of 1PW and gave you a good amount of content that you make a profit from i would be wanting paid. I just think it would be naive for some people to contribute something towards a book for free that someone else gets to make money from.

• Moderators

Have you paid everyone who has contributed content towards this publication? The reason i ask is that if i was part of 1PW and gave you a good amount of content that you make a profit from i would be wanting paid. I just think it would be naive for some people to contribute something towards a book for free that someone else gets to make money from.

Another brilliant Tommyboi post.

• Paid Members

That front cover is atrocious. Some lovely graphics work but it's about five different ideas smashed into a tiny space. That only matters in shops, though, and I guess anyone following the Lulu link will know exactly what they're looking at. I'll probably pick it up if it slips to under a tenner any time.

• Paid Members

Give me your paypal - I'll send you

Archived