WWE 50 greatest tag teams

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can Laycool even be in contention?

There wasn't at the time either a female tag team division or any belts to win during their time together?

Which means no memorable tag matches,

No memorable feuds,

So, no belts immediately means no memorable matches or feuds? Cobblers.

I didn't just say that though, did I!

Having no tag division, no titles and no other tag teams to fight means it's pretty hard to build up a rep as a good tag team.

Surely they only ever feuded with single wrestlers, right? It was them "bullying" one other woman at a time. If WWE actually had a women's tag division during their run then there'd be be no problem, but they didn't.

And yes, i know it's a silly list and it doesn't matter, but this is a discussion thread and I am discussing it. I'm not "worked-up" "angry" or anything else, thanks :)

Laycool were really over and did their jobs bloody well, but that doesn't put them in the same league as The Steiners, LOD or The Brainbusters. If it was "Greatest Double Acts" list then they'd arguably deserve their spot, but never in a strictly Tag Teams list.

• Paid Members

Having no tag division, no titles and no other tag teams to fight means it's pretty hard to build up a rep as a good tag team.

Surely they only ever feuded with single wrestlers, right? It was them "bullying" one other woman at a time. If WWE actually had a women's tag division during their run then there'd be be no problem, but they didn't.

And yes, i know it's a silly list and it doesn't matter, but this is a discussion thread and I am discussing it. I'm not "worked-up" "angry" or anything else, thanks :)

Laycool were really over and did their jobs bloody well, but that doesn't put them in the same league as The Steiners, LOD or The Brainbusters. If it was "Greatest Double Acts" list then they'd arguably deserve their spot, but never in a strictly Tag Teams list.

What are you talking about? When did I say that you were?

Your original post quite openly made the point that not having tag title belts to fight for was a reason why they shouldn't be in this list. It's nothing to do with the Steiners or anything like, that comparison is irrelevant.

What are you talking about? When did I say that you were?

Your original post quite openly made the point that not having tag title belts to fight for was a reason why they shouldn't be in this list. It's nothing to do with the Steiners or anything like, that comparison is irrelevant.

Sorry, the "not getting worked up" bit was more directed at others in this thread who think that giving an opinion on something equates to "fappers getting angry" or whatever. Didn't mean to lay that on you.

Back to the point though, you said in response to my post...

no belts immediately means no memorable matches or feuds? Cobblers

I didn't say the lack of tag belts was the sole reason they shouldn't be included, I said that it was one of the reasons, along with there being no other women tag teams at the time, no official division and no long-terms opponents for them to establish feuds with.

I didn't say the lack of tag belts was the sole reason they shouldn't be included, I said that it was one of the reasons, along with there being no other women tag teams at the time, no official division and no long-terms opponents for them to establish feuds with.

And yet despite there being no other women tag teams at the time, no official division and no long-terms opponents for them to establish feuds with, Lay-Cool were one of the most established and credible tandems in WWE in the last decade (which isn't saying much) and one of the most established and entertaining acts in WWE during their run. And that does take some doing, hence them earning their spot on the list. Although inspiring cases of FGA is reason enough as well.

• Paid Members
No Kaientai? :(

But they are evil!

They never won the belts, so they don't even count as a tag team.

Neither did the bushwhackers or megapowers but they are in.

Pretty sure he wasn't being serious.

So MNM, Legacy and Lay-cool qualify and The Valentines, Valentine/Beefcake and Hart/Yokozuna who held the belts for 2 years between them dont?

The Valentines? Do you mean the Valiants, who are in there at #7?

They may not have put Owen in there due to the lawsuit by his widow.

The Dream Team probably should be in there near the bottom of the list.

Archived