WWE 50 greatest tag teams

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

From WWE.com:

Hold up. Don't post that comment just yet. Before you cover the WWE Universe's Facebook wall with missives like "What about Harlem Heat???," take a moment to read the guidelines the WWE Classics team followed when compiling this list.

1. Only WWE teams were eligible. Meaning no Gangstas, no Sting & Lex Luger and no Mulkey Brothers (sorry, Matt Striker).

2. Teams were rated only on their accomplishments while in WWE, so the achievements of The Beverly Brothers in the AWA had no bearing on their placement (or lack thereof) here.

3. Eligibility began with the first recognized World Tag Team Champions, Luke Graham & Tarzan Tyler, who won the titles on June 3, 1971.

4. Rankings were based on everything from longevity to cultural impact. Personal biases may have also crept in, as witnessed by an extended argument over the significance of Tony Garea & Dean Ho.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, here are the 50 greatest tag teams in WWE history as decided by a team of editors, a WWE Hall of Famer and a prevailing consensus that Too Cool ruled.

This should help to explain some of the omissions and strange placings.

This list reminds me of "WWE's Greatest Superstars Of All Time" DVD where Ric Flair was placed 17th!?! They have got some legendary teams in the top ten but to be fair it couldn't have been that hard to compile as apart from E & C, Hardys, Dudleys, APA & Outlaws there hasn't been any teams of any significance for years in WWE/WWF & those ones I've just listed are from over 10 years ago.

Knowing WWE I'm surprised they havent included The Spirit Squad, after all they did hold the belts and with Lay Cool in the list it appears the names have been drawn from a hat anyway.

• Paid Members

This is just another "piss on people we dont like, bum the extended family to bits" list, isnt it?

DX at 15th over several teams that had multiple or lengthy title reigns is a bit off when theirs was brief and blatently only for sentiment since Shawn was retiring. The Steiners being placed behind the Powers of Pain (who while fun, never won the belts), two gals and SHEIK AND FUCKING VOLKOFF?

Cobblers list. Read once, disregard, and carry on as normal.

Regarding Two Dudes with Attitudes, does anybody remember the song they did? The lyrics were along the lines of " Long hair, tattoos" It was shite, but shite in a really good way. I can't find it on Youtube, anyone know where I can find it?

sorry biff cn honestly say never heard of it!

Regarding Two Dudes with Attitudes, does anybody remember the song they did? The lyrics were along the lines of " Long hair, tattoos" It was shite, but shite in a really good way. I can't find it on Youtube, anyone know where I can find it?

sorry biff cn honestly say never heard of it!

Team Lay-Cool and the Twin Towers would be higher in my personal list and I'd also fight a corner for Diesel/HBK and Power & Glory over some of the others I don't like, but other than that, it's alright. S'just a .com list really isn't it, there's always millions of other reasons for people getting picked over others. Not much merit in playing top trumps with everybody.

Seems like a fair list. As good as the Steiners were, for example, they didn't do that much during their WWF run, especially compared with elsewhere. Same with Arn and Blanchard.

Pity they can't have Angle/Benoit, I loved that team.

Archived