WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 4/27/2012

ThePhenom

• Paid Members
Antonio is a top talent, he wrestled for Grand Pro (in a 2/3 classic with Hero and an awesome tag with Ares against DDL and Joey Hayes) and Futureshock (in a top notch "Pure Wrestling Rules" Match against Doug Williams) in 2004 and received great critical acclaim in Europe as one half of Swiss Money Holdings. He eventually moved to the USA to perfect his craft alongside Chris Hero, where they would form the the tag team, "The Kings of Wrestling". He would have last been seen over here (prior to his WWE debut) at the King of Europe Tournament in Liverpool in 2007. Good to see him in WWE, he's definitely one of those who earned his spot.

He was actually last seen on the Pro Wrestling NOAH shows by AMERCH some time mid-2011. My first time seeing him and the Kings of Wrestling live, and have to say the whole place was going ape shit for them.

Amazing wrestler, and an amazing tag team also. I hope WWE puts them together!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
That Antonio guy is/was Claudio Castagnoli aka Double C, former one half of Swiss Money Holdings with Ares and Kings of Wrestling with Chris Hero. He's good.

Cheers, but FYI, everyone knows this.

arrogant smart mark cock. Sorry and you may have caught me in a bad mood but that is just wanking in front of your other virgin mates to show how far you can shoot in the event that you may one day get enough money to pay a tart to shag you

"everyone knows this" well, count me out of the human race then because I didnt and neither did the guy who asked the orignal question. Or did you mean to say anything of interest instead of just trolling

Cheers Punkstep for answering the question.

I was skimming the OP to see if the show was worth watching and missed the question. "Everyone" referred to a lot of the regular posters who I remember having lengthy discussions over the guy's future in WWE when he got signed. I quite clearly wasn't trolling, because that would be a terrible, ineffectual and pointless troll. I don't particularly care about other people's opinions on my wrestling knowledge and don't see that as being linked in any way to my ability to hire a prostitute. And, even though this is really none of your business, I'm happily engaged and had sex about three hours ago.

Posting responses like that, when all that's happened is that I've missed one tiny detail of one post and perhaps not considered how the tone of my post could be read, is a bit of an OTT response. Maybe just tell me I sound a bit smug in future (for which I cheerfully apologise and assure you that it wasn't my intention at all) instead of going off on a nonsensical rant. The "everyone who displays any knowledge of indy wrestling is a virgin" line tends to do a pretty good job of undermining arguments, too.

I'm not one to patronise or show off about what I know for kudos (mainly because that doesn't get you any kudos from anyone, and never has). I just missed one sentence of one post. That's all.

Thoughts on Cesaro's debut? It's incredible how much smaller he looks on television compared to when I've seen him towering over others on ROH and PWG cards where a lot of guys are 140 pounds soaking wet. The music they had him come out to I hope is a one-off thing as its a try-out match, sounded like a strange remix of Chelsea Dagger. Loved that they had him against Tyson who took the uppercut really well. Thought they could have brought him in as he has been in FCW as more of a overt Swiss-national character with the attire, rather than as merely Aksana's bit on the side. Hopefully he'll be able to show some more of his personality in the coming weeks, as well as show off some of his strength like using the airplane spin with no hands etc., as I think that would get a good reaction. Not sure on the finisher either; for a moment I thought he was going for the Jerry Lynn-style piledriver but he turned it into more of a Styles Clash.

What was up with Cesaro's music? They'd better upgrade it to Malenko's Bond rip-off pronto because that was possibly the most generic theme music ever.

Anyway; Cesaro looked great, Ryback looked great and Team ChocCock(NEWM) goofing around backstage and then killing Yoshi Tatsu with that Powerbomb/clothesline combo was great. Thumbs up!

• Paid Members

Antonio was alright. The uppercut looked ace, and probably should've been his placeholder finish until they came up with something better than the cradle styles clash. Kind of a generic squash, but hey, I wasn't expecting much more for now.

Rest of the show was solid if unspectacular. Really liked the finish of Sheamus/Menry, and the show ending with everyone chanting "YES" at Bryan while he stood there muttering "no... no...". Nice touch, that. Can't say the show got me more excited about Extreme Rules, but nothing put me off. Not that it was going to, of course, because the Raw matches are the ones I'm interested in anyway.

• Paid Members

Cesaro looked very decent I thought. I haven't actually seen him in action since he came over for FWA several years ago, so he looked bigger mass-wise than I expected. Quite a unique physique in fact compared to the rest of the roster. Looking forward to seeing more of him though. And yeah, his music totally sounded like Chelsea Dagger.

I thought this ended up being a decent show, the opening segment was enjoyable, Ryback is still wonderful, and I quite liked Antonio. I literally didn't have a clue he was connected to Aksana in any way as I always skip her bits. I really liked his finisher, but he could do with less generic attire and to not come out to a close variation of The Inbetweeners theme.

• Paid Members

Chris Benoit won the WWE Tag titles on his own at Taboo Tuesday. Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe both held the tag belts on their own in TNA as well. Matt Morgan's career highlight came when he was just knocking about with the TNA tag titles on each arm for a few weeks as well.

^^^Kane won the belts on his own, but technically Hurricane was always his tag team partner/co-champion.

Did Austin have the tag belts on his own for a few weeks between Michaels and Dude Love?

On a tangent from that, how many wrestlers have shared titles before? The only one that comes to mind is Chyna and Jericho with the Intercontinental.

Archived