KwikSave IS BACK

goldeneye86

• Paid Members

I think I win this pissing contest - I conned myself into buying a quarter-share of an apartment in "up and coming" Edmonton Green, in a swanky new development. It was like putting a doily on a tramp and calling him a coffee table, though, as it was built on the fetid foundation of Edmonton Green Shopping Centre. I will now enumerate the faults of Edmonton Green Shopping Center.

- In Edmonton Green, the only place I've ever been that has its own personal ASBO (the bus station is off limits to any loitering at all), and that in my short stay, had 3 stabbings and 2 hoodie takeovers.

- Only place I've ever been propositioned by a drunk pregnant hooker.

- Has a 24-hour police outreach center in the shopping center

- The center itself is a monstrous post-war development, with a clear plastic pigeon beshitted roof, and topped by a couple of massive tower blocks.

- The shops are a disgrace. Woolworths was basically the best store, and that's now an unnamed clearance shop that specializes in hash pipes and papers. There's a Scope, a Poundland, a Dave's 99c, another

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Theres a record shop next to Greggs in Edmonton Green shopping centre thats always blasting out the West Indian music. Always makes my shopping experience that much better.

You looking to rent out that quarter share, by the way?

• Paid Members
Theres a record shop next to Greggs in Edmonton Green shopping centre thats always blasting out the West Indian music. Always makes my shopping experience that much better.

You're right, there is that. However, that does highlight something that I've forgotten - that this relatively small shopping center has at least two branches of Greggs.

Also, go into Sense next time you're there. You'll find there is a cracking selection of books. Mine.

You looking to rent out that quarter share, by the way?

Not right now, I've got it stuffed full - when they go, though, that's a definite.

• Paid Members
Just what Stockton High Street needs, more shit budget shops.

Our High Street consists now of charity shops, pound/cheap shit shops, and a market that still sells VHS and tapes. It is just the worst.

It's not twinned with Redhill, is it?

Enough with the fucking budget and pound shop chains. We've got enough. Kwik Save was shit and their stores always stank of sausages and tramps. How about opening some good stores with good stuff in them at a reasonable price not staffed with cunts who are medically incapable of saying "please" and "thank you" instead?

I couldn't care less about Kwiksave, but I just wanted to slag Redhill off. Place is an absolute shithole. There we go.

When I lived in Coventry, I lived within walking distance of two Kwik Saves. Fucking dumps, the pair of them. The small one on Walsgrave Road became a Tesco's and the bigger one on the Binley road became a fucking Aldi.

Ahh Cov, how I miss thee at times.

• Paid Members

i have real fond memories of my local KwikSave. When i was between 5-10 there were two proper supermarkets in town, Tesco and KwikSave, my mother always preferred KwikSave so i would always go there with her. The place was beyond a dump, im actually surprised it was allowed to stay open, in this day and age it would have been closed down without doubt, there was a small butchery and a little card shop in there and the shelves were always basically empty and the floor was fucking rotten, it was a weird little dump, but it was my weird little dump...i fucking loved shopping there, fond memories.

I recently moved house and when i was sorting through some garbage in the new house i found some stuff in an old KwikSave carrier bag and it all came flooding back, almost brought a tear to me eye.

When Kwik Save was around the nearest one to me was in the Shawlands Arcade (Glasgow South)

The Shawlands Arcade is a small shopping shopping mall which is the main focus of Shawlands. Kwik Save was in the largest unit there and was always busy with old folks and people wanting a bargain.

Kwik Save was the largest shop in the Arcade it brought people into the arcade so When it closed it ended up making the arcade quiet.

Several years down the line Shawlands Arcade is horrendous. We have a cash for gold shop a farm foods a cheap card shop. 2 banks two pound shops. A wether spoons and several empty shop units.

• Paid Members

'Do yourself a favour & be a liquor saver'

When I first shared a house with a mate we did our Christmas booze shop at the local Kwik Save, got a crate of 'Flints Bitter & Flints lager', 2% vol for about

Archived