NGW 4th Anniversary; Saturday 9th June;Rampage V Stixx - NGW Title

Dunny

Apparently there is some NGW wrestling this Monday (4 June) as part of the Jubilee celebrations either in Hull City Centre where the old plasma TV used to be or in Queens Gardens.

I think the matches start at about 1pm and finish about 5pm.

If anyone 'in the know' wants to clarify time/location then please do so.

Apparently there is some NGW wrestling this Monday (4 June) as part of the Jubilee celebrations either in Hull City Centre where the old plasma TV used to be or in Queens Gardens.

I think the matches start at about 1pm and finish about 5pm.

If anyone 'in the know' wants to clarify time/location then please do so.

You statement is correct Sir :thumbsup:

ROSTER SPOT ON THE LINE

Martin Kirby V Caz Crash

540012_10151017242320815_107786050814_12197708_1542288696_n.jpg

Caz Crash, a product of the popular NGW training school, is a star who continues to shine on the brand of NGW Academy shows, Proving Ground. But despite being very early in his career, Caz believes he deserves more and begrudges being labelled as a 'trainee'. At the turn of 2012 Caz made a promise that he was going to make this year, his year. At Dawn of Heroes he saw a weakness and began to exploit it.

One of the countries very best, Martin Kirby had been on a bad run in his NGW career with more marks in the loss column than in the win column. After Kirby had declared his intention to win the 30 man rumble at Destiny, Caz described his disgust that someone like Kirby who had such a bad run was still taking up a very important spot on the NGW roster that could have been his. With a massive show of disrespect to the experienced Kirby, he slapped him across the face. But it was Kirby who had the last laugh leaving Caz laying in the ring.

At Destiny, in retaliation Caz interference in the Rumble Roulette match meant that Martin Kirby entered in the number one spot leaving victory almost impossible. Following another interference and a match lost for Kirby against Jack Gallagher, he challenged Crash to a one on one match at 4th Anniversary show which Caz momentarily refused. But then accepted on the premise that if he won, Kirby's spot on the roster would become his.

It could be that this was Caz's plan all along and Kirby has fallen into the trap. But Kirby is a smart veteran and without a doubt one of the best wrestlers in the UK and there is no way he would have turned down a challenge anyway. There is no doubt Crash has a ton of potential and with his new found vicious streak he is no walk over but perhaps Kirby will finally teach him a lesson and knock a bit of respect into Crash.

Confirmed so far (card subject to change):

550607_10150997217950815_552021229_n.jpg

69204_10150997218095815_107786050814_12125169_1205598896_n.jpg

389718_10150997217795815_107786050814_12125166_1190370933_n.jpg

540012_10151017242320815_107786050814_12197708_1542288696_n.jpg

Any results from Victoria Square yesterday for those of us who unfortunately couldn't make it?

My Memory is awful! I had a lot to deal with on what turned out to be a good day for NGW:

Sam Wilder, El Ligero, Dara Diablo, Matt Myers, Danny Jaxx, Ricky Halestorm, Tommy Idol, Tommy Ray, Lord Barnaby, Caz Crash & Tyler Wolfe participated

Los Amigos defended the tag belts against Wilder/Wolfe

Myers won a rumble

Halestorm beat Barnaby

Tommy Ray beat Tommy Idol w/ Lord Barnaby

Think there were 7 matches, Sorry this is the best i can do?

Any results from Victoria Square yesterday for those of us who unfortunately couldn't make it?

My Memory is awful! I had a lot to deal with on what turned out to be a good day for NGW:

Sam Wilder, El Ligero, Dara Diablo, Matt Myers, Danny Jaxx, Ricky Halestorm, Tommy Idol, Tommy Ray, Lord Barnaby, Caz Crash & Tyler Wolfe participated

Los Amigos defended the tag belts against Wilder/Wolfe

Myers won a rumble

Halestorm beat Barnaby

Tommy Ray beat Tommy Idol w/ Lord Barnaby

Think there were 7 matches, Sorry this is the best i can do?

Cool. Cheers.

'The Star Attraction' Mark Haskins V 'The Amazing' Matt Myers

We were contacted a few weeks ago by TNA & Impact Wrestling star Mark Haskins, who at that point wasn't scheduled to appear at 4th Anniversary show. Haskins had a challenge for one man specifically and the new, still unnamed, General Manager decided that the match needed to happen at NGW's 4th birthday spectacular.

The man who Mark Haskins requested the match from was none other than former NGW Champion Matt Myers. It seems Mark Haskins has taken note of Myers rise to glory in NGW and taken some kind of offense to it. It seems the TNA star resents Myers recent success and popularity. Myers is a huge fan favourite at his 'home' of NGW recently lost the NGW Title to Rampage Brown. Despite being the massively unfavoured underdog, Myers put up a fantastic fight showing his spirit and passion against a man twice his size and twice the experience. Myers refused to tap out and refused to give up the NGW title, he was so proud to hold. In the end suffering was too much and Myers passed out in the crossface. While defeated, Myers came out even more popular with the NGW fans.

Haskins feels as one of the big stars of British wrestling with his TNA contract that somebody like Myers with his fast rise through the NGW ranks doesn't deserve top billing. Along with making a point, Haskins perhaps feels that Myers would be an easy victory. Rampage Brown nearly made the mistake of underestimating the fight and passion in Matt Myers. This is one match that has potential to steal the show and the outcome will be very interesting...

Great show. Packed house. Got there late so had to stand at the back the entire show.

Inevitably, ended up next to THE most annoying, retard fans in the history of the world who spent the ENTIRE 3 hour show yelling 'Haskin!' (after seeing Mark Haskins).

They yelled 'Haskin!' throughout the opener, 'Haskin!' repeatedly at Avian, 'We want Haskin!' during EVERY match, 'You're not Haskin!' at anybody who they thought didn't look like Mark Haskins. 'Wow, they're chanting 'Let's go Haskin!'' when they heard fans chant 'Let's go Rampage'.....and, upon seeing Mark Haskins at the merchandise table they all went 'Hey, it's Haskin. Haskin!! Haskin!!'.

Anyway, aside from that.....'Haskin!'.....the show was very good.

Matt Myers pinned Haskin! in a strong opener.

Caz Crash beat Martin Kirby

Los Amigos beat Cruz and Colossus in an amazing match. Cruz drilled Ligero with an insane Tombstone piledriver off the 2nd ropes which took him out of the match temporarily. Diablo pinned Kennedy after a moonsault. After the match, Cruz berated, slapped and spat at Kennedy only for the big man to drill Cruz with a huge chokeslam.

Mark Haskins provided guest commentary for the bout which led to the inevitable 'Haskin! Haskin! We want Haskin! Haskin! Haskin!' annoyance.

Hardcore match was INSANE! Fight spilled to the back of the hall and I had to move so Avian (Haskin! Haskin! Haskin!) could throw Bailey into a wall. Two kids next to me began bawling their eyes out in fear at the 4 wrestlers fighting right near them and their Dad had to take them out.

Robbie X did a perfect 'wall-unit' (ala Jody Fleisch) and had a computer keyboard shattered over his head by Gibson. Bailey threw a football at Robbie's head with such force that it bounced off his head and ricocheted off the ceiling, dislodging one of the panels.

A ladder found its way into the ring, as did several chairs and a section of guardrail. In the end, Avian was pinned after a bump on the guardrail.

Funny moment - referee Milky Bell was walking on the partition between the stage and the ring after the match when it suddenly gave way beneath him.

He took a while getting out, and I think he was okay, but it was hilarious seeing him being stood on the stage one minute and completely vanishing into a big hole the next.

Ricky Halestorm won a trainee match. Haskin!

Rampage Brown 'Let's go Haskin!!' beat Stixx to remain NGW Champion.

Aside from all the 'Haskin!' related activity and burning the roof of my mouth on the nuclear-hot (but VERY nice) chips they serve at the Eastmount Centre it was a bloody good show.

Archived