Best Cage Match

mackie

I don't think i have ever seen this topic but after watching the Greatest Cage Matches DVD i realized there has never really been one cage match that seems to be unanimously considered the best. So i was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on which cage match has been the best.My personal favorite is HHH vs Mankind from Summerslam 1997yet i also enjoyed Tully Blanchard vs Magnum TA I Quit Cage MatchPlus Americas Most Wanted vs Triple X in TNA (Where skipper walks the cage) is quite memorable

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i realized there has never really been one cage match that seems to be unanimously considered the best.

Well......

Tully Blanchard vs Magnum TA I Quit Cage Match

;) I really enjoyed Bret and Owen at Summerslam but I recall some people hate it. Unless I'm getting confused it seemed to split opinion that one.

Tully and Magnum is the best ever, hands down. Not in the same league, but I do love Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels vs Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Edge and Chavo Guerrero from a Smackdown a month or so before Mania 24. Just a wild, crazy, bloody brawl.

• Paid Members

WWE wise, HHH/Flair from Taboo Tuesday is probably my favourite, just pure, old-school, bloody violence from two of the bestever on the top of their game. Edge/Matt Hardy from Unforgiven is (surprisingly) great, too, one of the most perfect feud-enders ever. It's just a shame everything they did leading up to it was total shit. For that night though, Hardy was a star!Rob's right about Magnum and Tully.

• Paid Members

Edge/Matt Hardy from Unforgiven is (surprisingly) great, too, one of the most perfect feud-enders ever. It's just a shame everything they did leading up to it was total shit. For that night though, Hardy was a star!

I don't quite agree that everything else was total shit. The initial Hardy run-in angle was great to watch live and executed pretty well. I also thought their Raw street-fight was a load of fun too with an actually decent stunt finish that involved a great post-match performance from Edge. In fact this feud is where Edge really stepped up and gave us some of his best stuff. The feud also provided Edges finest ever promo. He just destroyed Matt in every possible fashion in that issue, didn't he?Ontopic, Angle-Benoit on Raw is just insane, especially as it was a free tv match and they did some of the stuff they did. I'm sure this match played a big part in messing both of them up so bad. It was mental.Umaga and Jeff Hardy had a belter on Raw in January 2008 too. Hardy is pretty handy in cage matches actually come to think of it, he's had a few good efforts in tags and singles through his career.

Standout ones for me just off the top of my head are:I can't remember the competitors but it appeared on Reslo, the Welsh wrestling show on S4C and it was brilliant.Tully Blanchard vs Magnum TAVince McMahon vs Stone Cold, St Valentine's Day MassacreTriple H vs The Rock, Rebellion 1999Dudley Boyz vs Hardy Boyz, Survivor Series 2001 AMW vs Triple X, Turning Point 2004JBL vs Big Show, No Way Out 2005CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy, Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Angle vs That Canadian boy who we cant name

Sorry "we"? I think you'll find most people who aren't a bit soft can. Don't tar the rest of us.

Umaga and Jeff Hardy had a belter on Raw in January 2008 too. Hardy is pretty handy in cage matches actually come to think of it, he's had a few good efforts in tags and singles through his career.

I'd forgotten about that match, but now you mention it it comes flooding back, it was bloody good.Jeff and Umaga had a few matches I loved, unless I've blanked something major.

Magnum vs. Tully.Bret vs. Owen.Edge vs. Matt Hardy.Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna - MSG 13/8/93, outstanding match. The crowd totally buys Bret regaining the title. Great drama and near falls.I really remember liking Bob Backlund vs. Sgt. Slaughter from '81 too.

Archived