Most Common Subjects of Discussion?

IronSheik

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happened to the British Wrestling council idea that was bigged up a lot on here a couple of years ago, with registered trainers and belts for students, and qualified representatives at approved feds and all that?

The renaments of the BWC were behind Brit-Wres-Fest, other than that it descended into nothing (like most Alex Shane Projects)

Womens wrestling isn't done to death, but it always inevitably leads to "are women wrestlers actually any good or are they just masterbation material" type arguments and general petty name calling.

Whatever happened to the British Wrestling council idea that was bigged up a lot on here a couple of years ago, with registered trainers and belts for students, and qualified representatives at approved feds and all that?

Common sense?

Actually, it probably wasn't that. But it'd be nice to pretend it was.

Sheiky - I will add some when I've read the rest of thread to check I'm not repeating any but I'm with Kris in that I don't think any of those topics should be "banned" from discussion. If people aren't interested they'll disappear. But as far as the question goes of which are the most common topics, I think it's a good idea for a thread because like you say it might highlight some of the stuff that has been done to death and/or even point some newer people to looking back at some older threads. So based on personal experience since like anyone else I can only go off the nine years I've been here and the times that I've looked at the forum during that time I'd say...

These are ones I'd agree pop up a lot:

DX or nWo - which was better?

Was Montreal a work?

Attitude era Vs current product

Raw v Nitro?

Why do almost ALL wrestlers die young?

All of those have been done a lot. Anyone who has been around for more than a year will have seen them at least once I'd imagine. To be fair, the first one which was a true staple of the 1990s ha died down for a few years but seemed to pop up a lot more in the last four or five thanks to things like the DX reunion and the January 4th TNA with Hogan and the gang. Exact same with thing with the Raw/Nitro comparisons. So for as long as the Big Two keep reminding us of them I'm not expecting those to disappear any time soon.

From what I remember the one was fairly regular (maybe twice a year?) but not overbearing in 2003-2007 but really picked up again in the current (summer 2007-present) 'era' mostly with the same people making the same points every time. From what I've seen, and I may well be wrong, I think it's died out (groan) the last few months... But it will be back when we get the next big wrestler death no doubt.

Why did McMahon make such a rip-roaring cunt of the inVasion angle and ruin the one chance for us to live our dreams?

Not worded like that but I doubt there's been a year since 2001 without some version of 'Rebook the Invasion' popping up a couple of times.

These ones I think come up occasionally:

Why are almost ALL wrestlers fucking junkies?

Best Undertaker era

Anything relating to the historical standing of Hogan, Austin, Rock & Flair

Was Bret Hart amazing or a spoilt little huffy piece of shit?

Did Bret Hart draw all that much as champ?

As threads themselves? I'm with Butchi on those in that they don't come up that often. In a couple of those cases I'm not sure if I've ever seen a thread on them. A helluva lot of topics do turn into them though, because any discussion on dead wrestlers/Taker/Austin/Hogan/Rock/Flair/Hart/Michaels/Montreal is always going to lead to someone bringing up those points at some point. For better or for worse I don't really see how they can be avoided if those topics keep coming up.

These two I disagree with:

Dr Scholtz hitting that interview guy

Not saying there hasn't been one but I haven't seen one for years. I'm sure the question is something that gets asked because newer fans have never heard of it before but find interesting when they hear about the incident for the first time.

Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks

Not very often. Maybe once every three years.

Some threads which I think have been done to death:

How big is Vince McMahons penis?

Which angle was better, Mae Young giving birth to a hand or Natalya farting?

How far will Ric Flairs boobs drop this month?

and.......

Should Undertaker end Undertakers Wrestlemania Streak

regarding the hall of fame this year - RIC FLAIR??!! AGAIN!??! i realise it was part of a "stable" but even still, ridiculous.

Edge completely took the egde (no pun intended) out of his induction by having a haircut which didnt fit his wrestling personality.

Regarding the under title in this thread, Montreal was REAL. theres no way on earth Bret Hart would have agreed to that ending.

DX or NWO? well, dX was made as WWF's way to rival the WCW's NWO. And it worked. why? because the talent were younger.

Archived