Effective Blade jobs

kamicazze

I'm not talking about matches where someone has juiced a great deal but where someone has bladed and it has added to the match as in my opinion we often see pointless one's. I think Bret Hart vs Austin one is a no brainer, Austin passing out in his own blood and refusing to quit is iconic. my next choice would be HBK vs Taker in the cell. Shawn's selling of the beating he recieved was second to none. Seeing him slowly crumble down the cage with claret all over his face was pretty dramatic, and then when he drags himself from the pool of blood to get one arm over undi' and carried out, it really showed the damage the cell could do. The final pick i have is HHH vs Cactus Jack in the street fight. It showed how far hunter would go to remain champ and that he was willing to sacrifice it all just to do so. The fact they were selling how much blood he lost on commentary and saying it would make him weak really made Jack look a badass

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Undertaker's poured during his Hell in a Cell match with Brock Lesnar at No Mercy 2002. The blood put over the brutality of the match, it's also in the top three Hell in a Cell matches of all time. I'd say Eddie Guerrero's graphic blood loss against JBL at Judgment Day 2004 counts for what JBL did before the match, it was a blood feud.

• Paid Members

The first one that always comes to mind is that Eddie Guerrero one against either JBL. Maybe a bit much though, Eddie was rushed into hospital due to shock.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'll put this in a spoiler tag, just incase anybody gets arsey about having the match 'ruined'. Bobby Roode got some good colour in his cage match at Lockdown.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The first one that always comes to mind is that Eddie Guerrero one against either JBL. Maybe a bit much though, Eddie was rushed into hospital due to shock.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'll put this in a spoiler tag, just incase anybody gets arsey about having the match 'ruined'. Bobby Roode got some good colour in his cage match at Lockdown.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

If I had not looked at your spoiler I would have forgotten it was on tonight! Cheers!

On topic, most times Ric Flairs floppy blonde mop got covered in blood.

Vinces against Undertaker at Survivor Series 200(2/3??) and I believe in a match against Zach Gowan were pretty brutal, although I cant quite remember if they were genuine blade jobs or actual gushers.

Another I only saw the other day for the first time that isnt actually a blade job was Joey Mercury in a tag match against the Hardys was smashed open by a ladder, it was disgusting seeing his panicked face when he first realised half of his nose had caved in.

• Paid Members
Bret Hart v Rowdy Roddy Piper WrestleMania VIII.

Added great drama to the bout, particularly when Piper held the ring bell over his head and a bloodied Bret dragged himself up his body with his bloodied face.

probably common knowledge but the guys in the back thought that the blood was hardway (when it was in fact a blade job) in that match, Flair bladed later in the night and got punished for doing so but Bret-Piper got away with it. Well that whats Bret said in his shoot interview anyways.

Undertaker vs. Mr.McMahon - Survivor Series 2003

That's the first one that sprang to mind. The blood was pouring out of Vince's head from the first few minutes of the match right up until the end. I remember one spot in particular where Vince was crotched against the ring post and you could see the blood just pooling around his head. The shovel shot looked and sounded like it killed him too.

• Paid Members

I was a fan of the blade job HHH pulled at WMXX. There is a cracking shot just after he has pulled off a move, he is on the offensive compared to his two opponents who are flat out, but he's on his knees puffing for air badly with blood streaming down his face and it really sells the jeopardy he's in and what a state he's in from fighting off the two challengers. Really helps you believe he might just be fucked when he ends up in the Crossface.

4.jpg

probably common knowledge but the guys in the back thought that the blood was hardway (when it was in fact a blade job) in that match, Flair bladed later in the night and got punished for doing so but Bret-Piper got away with it. Well that whats Bret said in his shoot interview anyways.

Also all the arena staff and every wrestler who has ever lived came up to Bret after the match and told him he was their hero and the greatest man that ever lived. Well that's what Bret said in his book anyways. About every single match he ever had.

Archived