Former Lib Dem MP Lembit Opik to make his wrestling debut in the ring

ClassicsGuy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lembit has just been on the radio taking part in an ultra serious debate on the Eurozone crisis. To my utter delight, at the end of the segment he started talking about his wrestling, in kayfabe no less, and cut a bit of a promo saying that Kade Callous has not seen the last of him! He said something along the lines of

• Paid Members
Fantastic stuff. Great to hear that Lembit is portraying it in the perfect way outside the show too. Top work Ravenhill

That's what I've been impressed with so far. Of all the newspaper articles and online stories I've read and even his own Twitter feed, it's apparent that Lembit gets pro wrestling.

Fantastic stuff. Great to hear that Lembit is portraying it in the perfect way outside the show too. Top work Ravenhill

That's what I've been impressed with so far. Of all the newspaper articles and online stories I've read and even his own Twitter feed, it's apparent that Lembit gets pro wrestling.

• Paid Members
All credit to Opik, he was really crowbarring in the namechecks of Kade Callous on the Radio 2 piece.

Do we have another avid Jeremy Vine fan on the forum?... :)

No, you have a man who was driven by his wife to Norfolk and back and was tortured with Radio 2 against his will. Vine is like a cross between the Mail and the worst kind of internet troll.

• Paid Members
Now that the dust has settled somewhat, would it be unfair to say that, in terms of both pre and post-match coverage, this has been the biggest British wrestling incident in a decade?

Alex Shane vs Danny Williams? :)

I can't pretend to remember exactly, but I'm fairly certain that this has got a lot more coverage than that, hasn't it?

Archived