Things you wish you knew before going to a WWE Live Event

seanz25

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The video packages and constant cutting away to the announce team is really tedious and I don't think the sound for segments on the Titantron is that good inside the arena. I was straining to hear it when I went to a RAW taping, which admittedly was some time ago. Hard to think they've been doing TV tapings in this country for nearly 10 years now!

Thanks for these guys. Last night was fun but a lot of these occurred. There was a fat dude a few seats down and a row behind who was chanting inappropriate things all might which was frustrating. Especially as I went with young family memebers. I have no problem with the odd thing but "Cena sucks 12 inch cock" all night got annoying.

Thanks for these guys. Last night was fun but a lot of these occurred. There was a fat dude a few seats down and a row behind who was chanting inappropriate things all might which was frustrating. Especially as I went with young family memebers. I have no problem with the odd thing but "Cena sucks 12 inch cock" all night got annoying.

That's disgusting behaviour. The security should give people shouting that sort of stuff a kicking. It's a shame that wrestling shows attract the sort of people who'd never leave the house otherwise and have no idea of how inappropriate they're being. I like to think I'd have said something to anyone chanting things like that at a wrestling show I was at with a young relative, but in reality I'd probably just seethe.

• Paid Members

I remember going to a Raw TV taping a few years ago and there was a guy like that sat in the seat next to me, talking bollocks and swearing all the way through the show, when there were small children sat directly in front of him. I felt so embarrassed that anyone might think he was my mate. You just get complete social retards at wrestling shows unfortunately.

That's disgusting behaviour. The security should give people shouting that sort of stuff a kicking. It's a shame that wrestling shows attract the sort of people who'd never leave the house otherwise and have no idea of how inappropriate they're being. I like to think I'd have said something to anyone chanting things like that at a wrestling show I was at with a young relative, but in reality I'd probably just seethe.

I know whhat you mean mate. I think its one of those at the time you just wanna enjoy the show and not bother starting a scene. But on second thought you realise you should have said something. Other issue with security was that it was generaly crap. You probably heard but 2 guys jumped in the ring after the show finished leaving Justin Roberts to sort them our.

Shocking really.

• Paid Members

There was a fat dude a few seats down and a row behind who was chanting inappropriate things all might which was frustrating. Especially as I went with young family memebers. I have no problem with the odd thing but "Cena sucks 12 inch cock" all night got annoying.

I like to think I'd have said something to anyone chanting things like that at a wrestling show I was at with a young relative, but in reality I'd probably just seethe.

But you're so insanely confrontational and argumentative on here, does that not translate at all into real life then?

I had the pleasure of sitting next to a family that smelt like dried piss and bad b.o. at Raw on monday not the first time its happend but its been a while.

I also had that awkward situation where the people behind me can't see when I stand up (which I only did for entrances mainly) but I was in row CC, which is not part of the proper tiered seating at the o2 and has only a slight incline over the floor seats so if I didn't stand up the entire floor section would block my view, you point this out to them and they just don't care, surely I had a fair point? Second time its happend to me and got into a right arguement, happend at smackdown last year to.

Wish I'd seen this thread before I went. Like you seanz this was my first TV taping. Like you say couple of those did happen but thankfully no trailers for the latest WWE Films amongst the DVD ads and even more thankfully no 're-dos'. The way Pity and Pier Six described that made it sound like something that could kill the whole show dead. Maybe we just got it lucky this week?

Despite the fact that you're watching men and women wearing similar or less, you can't wear trunks & a t-shirt in the crowd, as Sky don't allow it. Found that out at the last taping.

There was a guy dressed as Zack Ryder in the bar area before the show in just his purple trunks, knee pads, boots and t-shirt on Monday.

I know this is probably complete crap but I heard you can feel the heat of the flames when he does his entrance right from the back of the building is this true?EDIT*BTW Thanks to all responses so far very interesting.

Oh trust me, it's true. I was in the nosebleeds for Smackdown in 2008, but you can feel some heat.
Having never seen Kane live, I always assumed that was exaggerated but you are right it's not. Was sitting a couple of rows up in first raised section above the arena floor and it was hot.

That every div in your row -- and they all will be divs -- is going to go to the toilet or just for a wander about a million times during the show, so you're constantly getting up to let people past. It's as bad as Mass, with all the sit-stand-sit-stand annoyance. I assume that isn't specific to wrestling, though.

Assume? Your assumption is correct.We definitely just got lucky. That didn't happen to me once; talking about WWE not at Mass. Not just my row but I didn't see many people moving about at the rows around either. It seemed closer to the theatre crowd or at football/rugby where everyone keeps their legs crossed because you don't really want to miss anything than at the cinema or a concert where it seems a lot of the crowd couldn't care less about that and you get the up-down situation you described. Obviously, the longer the show the more people are going to walk past for a burst. Which is probably why Kenn Dodd and cricket at any of the major grounds are the worst for that - although with the latter part of the point is walking around the ground anyway.

Yeah, as others have said, the pyro is ridiculously loud and even worse if you are not expecting it.

I once took my then girlfriend to see a WWE show in 2002. Didn't realise she was scared of fireworks before (used to be deaf and scared of loud noises) and so didn't even think to mention it. I certainly did afterwards.

Thanks mate can't wait!

Archived