The Grand National 2012

kev2050

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Add in RIP Shakalakaboomboom as well.

Mr Power above me is pretty much spot on with regards to the fences. Its the speed they jump them that is the problem not the fences themselves. You cant just water the shit out of the ground though. False ground that the horse could slip on is as bad for the horse as anything.

There are thousands of races every year with 10s of thousands of horses taking part. The deaths are an issue and every precaution is taken, horse welfare is always paramount. It is the high profile fatalities that get the do-gooders worked up and will no doubt continue to do so.

Might have to be a few questions asked though about Synchronised being allowed to run after all the stuff that happened before the race - even after getting checked over by the vet all the pundits on the BBC were noting it didn't look like it fancied it after McCoy walked it up to the first fence before the start.

Its a shame that these horses have died but put the organisation and very well run coarse that is Aintree against this
which is in the Czech Republic every October.

Bear in mind that yes, we have The Chair and Beechers Brook but these guys have stone walls to jump over.

Dead horses are dead horses no matter which country it's in. I am genuinely surprised that horse racing is still allowed these days. It seems like such a throwback. Wee men riding around on the back of a beast. It's fucking odd as well as cruel.

Somebody really should start a thread. Horse racing - Yay or neigh?

Exceptional work.

The yay argument will always win in my book as without racing and feature races like the Grand National, these horses wouldnt have even been bred and existed in the first place.

• Paid Members
Somebody really should start a thread. Horse racing - Yay or neigh?

Exceptional work.

The yay argument will always win in my book as without racing and feature races like the Grand National, these horses wouldnt have even been bred and existed in the first place.

TBH we are overdue a mental animal rights PETA style activist on here. We have Kenny bashing his book and we had Mickey with his racist bollocks. It's an avenue that hasn't been ventured on here yet.

For the record my horse fell and took my other bet with him, stupid bloody pritt stick.

• Paid Members
Add in RIP Shakalakaboomboom as well.

Fuck.

Got a source for this, can't seem to find anything at the moment.

I heard on 5live that he completed the race but died afterwards. I also can't find any other source for this but thats what I heard, I hope I am wrong.

Archived