Two rights make a wrong.

The Hitman

• Paid Members
Seem to remember a Benoit/Angle match from one of the UK PPV's being a big disappointment. Anyone remember that one? I think it's the only 2/3 falls match in history where someone won 2-0!

Never liked a lot of Dibiase matches. For how brilliant he was at portraying the character, he never had particularly memorable matches. Razor Ramon was similar for the first couple of years.

This one is down to the booking more than the guys involved but i absolutely hate Steve Austin's comeback match against Rikishi. It's just OTT garbage.

Only other one I recall was Judgment Day 2007 where Benoit was pinned 2-0 by MVP for the US title. I thin this was also his last PPV appearance

He took that badly.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Seem to remember a Benoit/Angle match from one of the UK PPV's being a big disappointment. Anyone remember that one? I think it's the only 2/3 falls match in history where someone won 2-0!

Never liked a lot of Dibiase matches. For how brilliant he was at portraying the character, he never had particularly memorable matches. Razor Ramon was similar for the first couple of years.

This one is down to the booking more than the guys involved but i absolutely hate Steve Austin's comeback match against Rikishi. It's just OTT garbage.

Haven't seen much World of Sport then?!

I don't think he meant it as a genuinely serious comment, I think it was more a flippant mention, as the majority of 2/3 falls matches do go to the 3rd fall, mostly because it's a bit of a pointless concept otherwise, doing a single fall would achieve the same end.

In the US, where 2/3 falls matches are rare, that's pretty much true. In the UK, where 2/3 was the norm, it made a big difference: a guy who was getting beaten 2-0 every time could get a minor push by simply losing 2-1.

• Paid Members

Only other one I recall was Judgment Day 2007 where Benoit was pinned 2-0 by MVP for the US title. I thin this was also his last PPV appearance

He took that badly.

Coffee spat on the keyboard, but worth it. Very good.

People always mention Brock vs. Goldberg and I've never understood it. The match was pretty much exactly as I expected it to be. Two unstoppable monsters find that their great strengths don't work anymore and they're basically in a stalemate for the majority of the match. They could have gone all out a bit more I suppose, but really it was never going to be a good match, just a good spectacle. I'm pretty sure we'd have ended up with a pretty similar match (bar the aftermath) whether Brock was leaving or not.

• Paid Members

The Sting/Bret Hart matches in WCW were really disappointing. So were the Rock/Jericho encounters, that weren't the ace No Mercy match (or the rematch on Raw/Smackdown.) The one they had at Vengeance was a huge letdown, I thought maybe I was getting my hopes up too high, given that they had to save themselves for another match later that night, but they had another mediocre one a couple of months later (No Way Out?)

Aside from a match in some kind of tournament after WM21, Angle/Guerrero never really clicked, for me. The 'Mania match was just ok, same with the 2/3 falls, the Summerslam match was really shit, and they had a lumberjack match that had to be heavily edited to make tv, that even Kurt "I could have an 8 star match with a tampon, me!" Angle admits was terrible.

HHH/Angle was never what it should have been, either.

I've just re-watched Unforgiven 02 and the three matches that I was most looking forward too were all pretty big letdowns.

Edge vs Eddie Guerrero (they just didn't seem to click at all)

HHH vs RVD (slow as fuck with endless side headlocks + awful finish)

Taker vs Brock (never really got going + crappy dq finish)

yes that was at insurrextion 2001, not a bad match but weird why it was 2-0.

also benoit vs angle from insurrextion 2000 wasn't a good match either.

• Paid Members

He took that badly.

Coffee spat on the keyboard, but worth it. Very good.

Oddly in his next contest, he took both the first and second fall, yet still lost.

One match that seems to come to mind is the Austin/Jericho match from No Way Out 2002. It just didn't seem to work out that great, their match on Raw from the year before (May or June) was very good. Perhaps it was becuase the heel/face roles were reversed, I'm not sure. Edge Vs. Christian doesn't seem to work out very good either, I'm not a fan of those Autumn 2001 matches even though they sound good on paper.

Archived