WWE Raw 9th April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

hbknhhh

Raw 9th April 2012  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
I don’t know what PPV they intend to get to with the feud, but I hope it’s not the one coming up in a few weeks. Agree with whoever said Summerslam, but I could also see it putting some bite into the June/July period and have a bigger payoff at Summerslam, much like they did with Punk and Cena last year.

If Brock’s still around by March, he’s got to head into Mania strong and be put down (and out of the WWE?) by The Undertaker. I’m pretty sure we’ll get Rock/Cena 2 for the WWE Title, and Brock should have handily despatched of the rest of main roster by then to line him up to challenge the streak.

They're kicking it off at Extreme Rules, fella. I imagine Cena will lose in that one too (they're in Chicago too, so Cena will be greeted like Osama Bin Laden), so they'll probably do three - if it does business.

Also the rumour is they're doing Brock v Rock at 'Mania for the WWE title and Cena will steal the show with 'Taker.

To add, Lesnar has some scary presence. He just owns the screen/ring/stage whenever he appears.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I was forgetting Extreme Rules was in Chicago.

Should be a phenomanal atmosphere for Lesnar/Cena and Punk/Jericho then I should think.

Looking like it could be a memorable 'B' show PPV, similar to MITB if the crowd are like I expect they will. Bryan will probably be over like fuck if he gets on the card as well.

Ah, knackers. Ah well, maybe it will just a big fucking dust up which doesn't end up a proper match or something. I hope so.

Forgot to mention in my other post, but it's also nice that you've got a piss easy face turn for Lesnar later in the year if Big Johnny gets a bit overzealous using Brock as his personal paid killer. In the fantasy booking cup I had JBL be the sugar daddy for him like Ace could be now, it's a tried and tested one. It would almost certainly play out better than when Heyman turned on Brock in 02 too, which was all a bit arse over tit in their haste to get him as a face.

Wasn't a perfect show by any means but the stuff that really mattered delivered.

The Cena and Lesnar stuff was great. The pull apart brawl was ace and the blood definitely added to it there. Lesnar just screams dickhead heel. I'm glad they've decided to do the match straight away because like someone above said, these smaller PPV's are the ones that need the help. Lesnar coming back is going to make WWE interesting as a time of year where they often aren't. I'm now debating buying Extreme Rules to see that match, whereas I wasn't going to a week ago. Job done.

The Punk and Jericho segment was good also. I think some of the content is a bit daft but it is getting the desired reaction. It creates sympathy for Punk and I want to see Jericho get his comeuppance after all of this.

''The Three Stooges'' were shit but luckily they were only kept to a couple of segments. Not sure if it was the smartest idea to have them on this show though, considering they might have found some new viewers because of Lesnar. Nothing else really stood out.

They made a complete mockery of everything, and Hogan doesn't deserve it. He is the biggest star the industry has ever seen, and it's like they went and shat all over the very foundation of what I love.

Dill, do shut the fuck up, you pranny. Ridiculous pish like that makes Vito look like a reasonable poster. The Three Stooges are terrible, but it no more "shat all over the very foundation of what you love" than the other 3248906573494207534340804238 times someone has dressed up as Hulk Hogan.

Aside from the opening segment, I thought it was a pretty rubbish Raw tbf.

Opening segment, using MMA/Boxing Style Weigh In shenanigans of two pugilists beating snot out of each other works well, Lesnar was never great on the mic, so just keeping them battering crap out of each other like they are works well, and thus far its been everything the Rock Cena show wasnt.

The rest of the show:-

Zig-Swag vs Santinosaurus was okay I guess, went on far too long though.

Tensai came down squished Yoshi Tatsu looked like a beast, but its not a pretty watch. There are times when beating snot out of your opponent should look great not slightly laboured and I guess a bit nervous. It's not really working for Tensai though is it?

Three Stooges segments with Santino were awful.

Mark Henry vs Cena, coulda been another good showing like last week, but was cut short for the Jericho/Punk feud which is beyond boring now and hurting both men. I no longer give a toss about who wins this feud its become that stale. Some one just put it out of its misery and kill it, please.

It got to Zack Ryder vs Alberto Del Rio and I turned off.

Yeah, not a patch on last week, and one segment being great doesnt really mask at best a so-so rest of the show. Disappointing on what I saw. What happened after Alberto vs Ryder til the show ended?

Well that was an enjoyable Raw other then The Three Stooges that is.

The Cena/Lesnar pull apart was great though I still wish Cena would drop his whole "grin like a massive tool" routine and Cena's match with Otunga was much better then I expected it to be.

Not a fan of the Punk/Jericho feud to be honest.

The Show Off may not be the worst nickname ever but it's pretty fucking terrible also they really need to get Ziggler away from Swagger, the tag match was decent enough though.

Fans chanting Albert is the only thing of note that happened during Lord Tensei's match.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the Three Stooges segments. I thought they were harmless and the "think outside the box" line was so bad it made me laugh. It was also refreshing to see a celebrity guest who genuinly seemed to have a clue and his Hulk Hogan impression and bumping was really good. I would take the Three Stooges making shit puns and taking really good bumps (for a celeb) any week over the some of shit, awkward nobodies they usually have.

Well that was an enjoyable Raw other then The Three Stooges that is.

The Cena/Lesnar pull apart was great though I still wish Cena would drop his whole "grin like a massive tool" routine and Cena's match with Otunga was much better then I expected it to be.

Not a fan of the Punk/Jericho feud to be honest.

The Show Off may not be the worst nickname ever but it's pretty fucking terrible also they really need to get Ziggler away from Swagger, the tag match was decent enough though.

Fans chanting Albert is the only thing of note that happened during Lord Tensei's match.

Lord Tensei's got epic fail written all over it

Archived