WWE Raw 9th April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

hbknhhh

Raw 9th April 2012  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
I adored everything about Cena/Lesnar. The pull apart was perfect (although I could have done without Daniel Bryan and Sheamus being out there) and the end of Raw was fantastic. Brock has been perfect since his return and his mannerisms blow pretty much every wrestler in the company out the water. Being the cocky bastard he is, when the fans were chanting "One more time" after the F5 he just waved his finger at them as if to say 'fuck that shit I've earned my money tonight. He is a God among men when he's in professional wrestling.

Would have been funny if Cena had busted him open though, as UFC fans know Lesnar doesn't like being punched in the face!

I think people worry about that more than they should. I'm sure it's only knobs like us that notice or are bothered that they were out there. The focus was Lesnar/Cena, the majority probably didn't even look twice at the site of Sheamus because they were busy wanking at both men trying to beat each other up.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cringeworthy fake enjoyment posts about stuff you clearly hate.

Stuff I clearly hate? I watch Raw and Smackdown every week, I buy every PPV on DVD/BD, I'm going to see it live next week. I also visit a forum to share my thoughts, as well as read other people's views on the product. Why would I devote all of that to something that I hate? Clearly I do not hate it. There is often stuff that I don't enjoy and that I would change, but I could say that about any of the other TV Shows that I love. I'll always be honest, that's the whole point of a discussion forum. Where would the fun be in pretending to like/dislike something. Opinions are going to be different from person to person, I might enjoy the same show as you one week, and the next you might and I might not. I think you are letting your imagination run wild a bit and I think it would be for the best if you weren't so hostile, as there's no need for it.

Felt that was a largely awful RAW that almost served to completely kill all the excitement I had over Brock Lesnar's return.

Why has Brock effectively been alligned with the comedy heel General Manager? Nobody wants to boo Brock, just as fewer and fewer people are supporting John Cena. The Chicago crowd at Extreme Rules is going to shit all over Cena, depite Lesnar being booked as an arrogant, sneak-attacking heel. Also, why does Laurinaitis all of a sudden have a beef with John Cena? Have I missed something here? I admittedly wasn't watching RAW regularly before the build to Wrestlemania, but wasn't Laurinaitis feuding with CM Punk?

Also, to claim that you've brought Brock Lesnar back to create some legitimacy on RAW and then watch the Three Stooges romping around backstage is just fucking stupid.

I have a minor gripe with Lesnar's promo. He doesn't sound like an ass-kicking machine at all when he talks. I guess this is probably why they alligned him with Laurinaitis - but then why have him talk at all? I'd personally rather have seen Lesnar appear on RAW for a few weeks F-5'ing the fuck out of people, feed him Zack Ryder or someone equally as inconsequential to squash at Extreme Rules and then build the program with Cena. A three week build to Brock's first major match back in the WWE in 8 years doesn't feel significant.

On the plus side, the pull-apart brawl looked really cool. I always love seeing them, and Cena should be credited with making Brock look so awesome.

I think people worry about that more than they should. I'm sure it's only knobs like us that notice or are bothered that they were out there. The focus was Lesnar/Cena, the majority probably didn't even look twice at the site of Sheamus because they were busy wanking at both men trying to beat each other up.

Yeah, probably. Just bit shit seeing them team up to hold back Lesnar when they should hate each other. If Punk wasn't out there then Sheamus shouldn't have been either.

• Paid Members

I love the way John Cena is booked these days, he's both the company's biggest babyface and their biggest main event level heel at the same time. It's brilliant and it's realistic and I'm pleased to see that Brock had been brought in with the same sort of booking philosophy. Just like Cena's feud with The Rock, the traditional heel/face dynamic doesn't apply- this isn't a battle of good against evil, it's John Cena vs Brock Lesnar and each have their own supporters. The booking of Lesnar's return has been note-perfect so far, including the promos. He's not a wrestling character, he's Brock Lesnar. Legitimate real life bad ass Brock fucking Lesnar.

Fully expect Cena to put him over at Extreme Rules, but hopefully they will find a way to keep him looking tough as fuck in doing so.

Some other Raw thoughts:

I love Big Johnny's music and titanton. What a boss. Enjoying him bullying Teddy Long so far too.

The team of Santino and Funkasaurus is a winner for me. I think they would make good tag champs, at least the titles will get some decent TV time if they put them on these guys.

I must be the only person in the world that thinks Jack Swagger looks good with that haircut. Suits his character perfectly. He gets a lot of stick on here, but he's a better heel than Ziggler, who continues to impress in the ring while his character development goes nowhere. He should stop trying to be a cool heel.

Bored by the Cody Rhodes/Big Show stuff. No development of their story this week, just a repeat of last week's angle. Would prefer Show to feud with Otunga, I reckon that could be pretty good, with a bit of involvement from Mr Excitement thrown in- stacking the odds against Show to try to help Otunga win the title.

Tensai squash was another dud. I'm all for wrestlers having gimmicks, but I just think this is a shit one. His ring attire looks awful too.

That Punk promo was so fucking boring. He's easily the shittest babyface in the upper mid-card /main event bracket. Such a moaning, boring fanny. I was chuffed to see Mark Henry beat him again. I can't see them putting the belt back on Henry next week, but I'd fucking love it if they did.

I didn't pay any attention to any of the Three Stooges segments, but to be fair, that was a pretty good Hogan impression and the lad bumped like a pro for that chokeslam. Maybe the best I've seen a non-wrestler take one.

but he's a better heel than Ziggler

What a daft statement..

Swagger is only there due to his size and amateur background. The lad has been a massive flop and continues to get more dull. He's a piss poor heel he doesn't even get booed most the time. Ziggler on the other hand comes across as a self obsessed pretty boy with an ego. Casual fans boo Ziggler and smarky fans cheer him. Ziggler can pull of some cracking main event level matches, remember Rumble 2011 against Edge. Beautiful match

Fuck Swagger

Lord Tensei's got epic fail written all over it

Almost literally..

lord-tensai.jpg

Ha!

Look, even if the whole Japanese thing doesn't work out well, it'll be easy for them to correct course. I still think the guy's got great potential, they can always revert him to Albert or something.

I think he looks legit scary. That's more than a lot of wrestlers nowadays.

• Paid Members
but he's a better heel than Ziggler

What a daft statement..

Swagger is only there due to his size and amateur background. The lad has been a massive flop and continues to get more dull. He's a piss poor heel he doesn't even get booed most the time. Ziggler on the other hand comes across as a self obsessed pretty boy with an ego. Casual fans boo Ziggler and smarky fans cheer him. Ziggler can pull of some cracking main event level matches, remember Rumble 2011 against Edge. Beautiful match

Fuck Swagger

Never said Ziggler wasn't good, pay attention. I said he 'continues to impress in the ring while his character development goes nowhere'. Ziggler hasn't really got any better as a character since he was lumped with Vickie in 2010. He tries super-hard to impress so-called smart fans, both on TV and off it. I think he'd make a very good and popular face, but I'm just dying for his character to do something interesting.

Jack Swagger looks like a proper cock, talks like a proper cock and acts like a proper cock. That's why I rate him as a better heel than Mr. #HEEL~! himself.

• Paid Members

Why do I always come into these Raw threads and find that EVERYONE has missed the most important parts of the show? For fuck's sake. Right:-

1) A Jamie Noble sighting during the Lesnar / Cena brawl!

2) Daniel Bryan holding Brock Lesnar back by himself!

3) The fan getting pissed off with CM Punk rambling on and on after Jericho came on the Titantron and shouting, "Well go after him, then!"

Sort yourselves out, plonkers.

Archived