WWE Raw 9th April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

hbknhhh

Raw 9th April 2012  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How does everyone want Extreme Rules to be booked...?

I'm hoping they don't make it too ludicrous a stipulation, and that if they have to have one it'll just be a straight up no-rules fight. I'm stuck between two scenarios, though, as to how i'd like it to pan out.

On the one hand, I'm not sure I want to see Cena jobbed out twice in two months but on the other, I'm certain Brock shouldn't start on a loss.

The first scenario I can think of is a Bret/Austin type deal where Cena just refuses to die so the ref calls it to save his arse. Have an elongated, brutal war where it's made perfectly clear that Cena is hanging on Lesnar's level only for Lesnar to get the upperhand. Then, go for a rehash of Lesnar/Hogan and just have Lesnar throw the kitchen sink at Cena, only for Cena to keep coming back. I'm talking like a bunch of F5's; weapon shots; announce table destruction and ring post F5s. In the end, a bloody Cena is put out of his misery by the ref. I think this way, you can put Lesnar over as a killer but keep it present in peoples minds that Cena's a tough bastard.

The other scenario is that they just tear shit down to kill each other, fuck the set up, tear the ring apart; the whole works. In the end, it's so off the chain that, much like last night, the locker room empty to stop them from actually killing each other. Hell, even have Jerry/Cole drop their headsets and try and keep them apart.

You could even finish the show with Ace looking on worried at what he started, and a quick flash to the backstage where Triple H is looking at a monitor concerned that this whole thing might fuck the company up.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Haha, you have quite high expectations for this.

I'd love for it to be a Goldberg/Steiner-style match, where they beat the shit out of each other and both come out of it looking like a beast. It's a tricky one, because they want to make Lesnar look like an alpha, but Cena getting pinned clean on two straight PPVs is a bit much (even though it can be done).

I have a bad feeling Lesnar will cheat his way to a win, not really a fan of that.

The Three Stooges are terrible, but it no more "shat all over the very foundation of what you love" than the other 3248906573494207534340804238 times someone has dressed up as Hulk Hogan.

It shouldn't make it acceptable though, I think it's terrible. It wasn't just becuase they dressed up as him, it was becuase it was just one of WWE's stupid attempts at mocking who they have decided isn't one of their guys at the moment. Like when they wasted time for all of those months doing stuff with Michael Cole and Jim Ross. It served no purpose to the show, and it put a dampener on the whole thing. I'm not the sort of guy who would say the time had to have been filled with a long match or anything like that, but I don't see what it was supposed to achieve. I would have liked to have seen Daniel Bryan or Sheamus come out and do something maybe. But not what we got.

• Paid Members

Added a poll. Thought it might be cool to look back on them in a few months. Will add them each week if it goes down well.

It wasn't just becuase they dressed up as him, it was becuase it was just one of WWE's stupid attempts at mocking who they have decided isn't one of their guys at the moment.

They weren't mocking him. He's the most iconic and distinguishable character in pro-wrestling. It was a (quite good) impersonation.

I don't see what it was supposed to achieve.

It was supposed to be funny. A bit of it was, most of it wasn't. If you didn't like it say so but don't bitch about it like someone raped a kitten. It was a shit but inoffensive celebrity segment. There'll be many more to come.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the Three Stooges stuff more than any of the matches, bar maybe the Brodus Tag match. I can't even remember the finishes to the matches, weren't they all DQ/Run-ins?

I think the Hulk impression was fantastic, and hope it annoyed the actually Hulk really badly, just to spite Dillkid :laugh:

They weren't mocking him. He's the most iconic and distinguishable character in pro-wrestling. It was a (quite good) impersonation.

It was supposed to be funny. A bit of it was, most of it wasn't. If you didn't like it say so but don't bitch about it like someone raped a kitten. It was a shit but inoffensive celebrity segment. There'll be many more to come.

I'll admit I might have over-reacted a bit, I was just pretty annoyed. Maybe I've misunderstood their motives, it just seemed a bit nasty to me at the time. I'll stand by not enjoying any of it though (except for the Cena/Lesnar brawl).

Lesnar is brilliant. I still find it unbelievable that he is back. As much as I dislike Cena it was good to see him slap Lesnar instead of what usually would be him cutting a corny promo about how hes glad to see Lesnar back. Also what a fucking punch, I loved it.

As for there feud.. I'd like to see Lesnar take out Cena for a few months. It'd give Lesnar chance to fight for the title and then sets the both for a rematch at Summerslam.

RAW was decent again, obviously not as good as last week. Punk/Jericho feud is really going down nicely. Del Rio is back and is looking great. Ace is just being brilliant. Santino/Clay is a nice combo hope they establish the two as a tag team.

On a downside, Swaggers hair seems to be getting worse each week and why on earth is he on telly? Big Show looks like a fool with the IC belt. Ziggler shouldn't have lost so cleanly. The Three Stooges.. no comment.

The three stooges were awful. I thought the impression of Hogan saved that segment though thank god one of them could do a passable Hogan. How bad would that segment have been if they'd just carried on in the 3 stooges vain. Crowd might have shit on it because a) it wasn't Hogan and b) the stooges had been embarassing. But when he hulked up the "you" got a good crowd reaction proving how over Hogan still is.

Will Sasso loves his wrestling doesn't he? Nice bump on the chokeslam!

Lesnar vs Cena continues to intrigue and excite. My only criticism is that John Laurinuts announced the Extreme Rules match. I thought it would be better with a good old challenge and accept after the pull apart, but other than that awesome.

How long is Brock gonna be back for, are they gonna extend this to the Cage PPV No Way Out in June I wonder? On the plus side it should get they buys up considerably for Extreme Rules and if they have another one at Over The Limit i'm sure they'll bring it up to.

The rest of the show was a bit meh. The Brodus Clay and Santino Marella Tag team could be fun, shame Dolph is now apparently stuck with Swagger in a team.

Not enjoying Lord Tensai very much, his 2 matches have gone on too long and I don't think that helps, especially cause he takes his time on his entrance (that I like though) not sure the crowds are buying in to him, still early days though. Not too big a fan of the referee stopping the matches, but hey at least its something different.

I'm really really liking CM Punk vs Chris Jericho, can't wait fo the eventual ER match too, but why couldn't that finish the show instead of John Cena vs David Otunga?

• Paid Members

The Lesnar/Cena stuff was pretty great. I liked the Otunga/Cena match, and I'm looking foward to Punk/Menry 3 as well.

Can't see the Punk/Jericho talking segment doing anything but losing loads of viewers, though. Jesus, that was boring.

I'm not the sort of guy who would say the time had to have been filled with a long match or anything like that

Only since your comeback, where you've started to try and be the complete opposite of what you used to in a deserate attempt to fit in, complete with cringeworthy fake enjoyment posts about stuff you clearly hate.

It's times like this where the old "I'm going to kill myself if WWE doesn't go TV-M" Dillkid shines through. You're still shit, but at least you believe in what you're saying.

I adored everything about Cena/Lesnar. The pull apart was perfect (although I could have done without Daniel Bryan and Sheamus being out there) and the end of Raw was fantastic. Brock has been perfect since his return and his mannerisms blow pretty much every wrestler in the company out the water. Being the cocky bastard he is, when the fans were chanting "One more time" after the F5 he just waved his finger at them as if to say 'fuck that shit I've earned my money tonight. He is a God among men when he's in professional wrestling.

Would have been funny if Cena had busted him open though, as UFC fans know Lesnar doesn't like being punched in the face!

Archived