Wrestlemania 29 Trip Planning

KillerTwist

We might be only 6 days removed from WM 28, but I'm already saving for a silver travel package ticket for WM 29. I've never been to Wrestlemania before, and I've never even been to America, so I'm determined to have an amazing trip.

Looking to save about

For myself I'm thinking of going over and staying at my fiancee's in Philadelphia, renting out a car and staying at a hotel in Jersey, but outside the epicentre of where everything is going off so we're not going to get ripped off for the three nights or so we stay. Will drive to Jersey but anything involving going to NYC/Times Square will definitely be a train or bus job.

So right now I'm looking at WrestleMania tickets, probably going to get them in a pre-sale rather than travel package, DG USA, CHIKARA and potentially ROH tickets providing they don't clash (although I know Suz will pick ROH over the other companies...) one day of Axxess for Suz and then probably Raw if it's going to be in MSG. Three(?) nights in a hotel and probably the rental car for 4-5 days plus at least one potential train journey into NYC.

We did it all seperately. It's all about making it a ten day long party. The packages are too short for me.

Wrestlemania is a massive part, don't get me wrong, but it is the buzz and atmosphere in the city that is really addictive. Everyone in Miami knew and were incredibly hospitable as a result. Highly, highly recommended. If anyone is on the fence- do it.

I'll second what AVM said.

It was IMPOSSIBLE to go anywhere without seeing a WWE shirt or any kind of wrestling related nonsense. We were treated like royalty everywhere. First person I talk to in Heathrow is going to Wrestlemania, people I sit next to on the flights are going to Wrestlemania, a few waitresses and staff who I had service off said they were going. It took over the town.

In my opinion if your going to go don't go wrestling overboard. Explore the city, the culture ect. Otherwise you're just going to burn yourself out wrestling wise and miss out on opportunities. I went for 5 days down Miami (due to finances) and I crammed in as much as I could but I only did the WWE activities and avoided any of the indie promotions (Miami > IndieRasslin'). That way your not just spending all that money on going to wrestling events your going on Holiday but including wrestling. I only decided last November to go so I could only afford 5 days only working part-time. I would had LOVED to spent longer down there, there was hardly nothing to complain about ever.

I've got the bug and I'm going next year for certain. I spent

• Paid Members

I went for the first time to 24 in Orlando. The package for 25 went on sale before we got back from Orlando, so I said 'yeah, I'll just do it the once, then go back for 30 or something'. Yeah right. When the general sale came about for 25 I had to go. It's definitely like catching a bug, as 26 and 27 I never even entertained the thought of not going. Unfortunately I didn't make it to 28 as went to Vegas in December, but 29 is a certainty, no matter what happens between now and then. My best advice to anyone who hasn't been, is to make a holiday out of it. Unless you're really stretched, try and go for at least a week as then you won't be as burnt out. The first time I went we went on Thursday and left on Tuesday and got very little sleep in between and when I got back I was useless for about two days. The 3 times since I've went over for between 1 and 3 weeks. if you can have a good holiday before hand, culminating with WrestleMania, then it can be a fantastic trip. Although you should go home the Tuesday morning after Raw, as it's not great hanging about in the host city when the buzz has left after the Raw show.

I am kinda thinking about it at the moment, only problem for me is most of my mates aren't really into wrestling and those who do watch it only watch casually and would never pay that sort of money just to go to Wrestlemania so it'd have to be a lone trip or maybe if I make friends with any wrestling fans in the near future we might all arrange to go. I am kinda thinking I might hold off for a year though and try for Wrestlemania 30 just as I can imagine it'll be a huge one being 30, but then again New York would be amazing whereas we wouldn't know where 30 will be held until Wrestlemania 29.

I'm certainly going this year. The monday after Mania I got a nice check for tax rebate for the past 7 years and my first thought was to book a vip package for Mania 29, especially now that Brock is back!

I do agree that 4/5 days isn't enough. Has anyone been on a package previously? did you ask for additional days for accommodation? how much did it cost? I'm going all out next year and putting some away ready for 30...

Generally when do the travel packages go on sale? Myself and my long term wrestling mate turn 30 next year and are doing it as a send off to wrestling (although I hear it is addictive). We already have the flights booked so its just a case of getting as close to the ring as possible.

Generally when do the travel packages go on sale? Myself and my long term wrestling mate turn 30 next year and are doing it as a send off to wrestling (although I hear it is addictive). We already have the flights booked so its just a case of getting as close to the ring as possible.

mid july mate. July 18th packages went on sale for 28

Why is flying from Canada to the US so expensive?

Sketching out a hypothetical itinerary on the back of a fag packet, I'd fly into Toronto to see my best friend and his family and spend 5-6 days there. Train down to NYC which takes an entire day but was a fraction of the cost of flights and means I'm guaranteed to have a rest.

Have a day and a half sight-seeing in NYC, Wrestlemania in the evening. Train back towards Canada and stop in Niagara and stay in a place overlooking the falls for a couple of nights and go straight back to the airport from Niagara.

Main transport (e.g. trains and flights) and hotels comes to about

I am kinda thinking about it at the moment, only problem for me is most of my mates aren't really into wrestling and those who do watch it only watch casually and would never pay that sort of money just to go to Wrestlemania so it'd have to be a lone trip or maybe if I make friends with any wrestling fans in the near future we might all arrange to go. I am kinda thinking I might hold off for a year though and try for Wrestlemania 30 just as I can imagine it'll be a huge one being 30, but then again New York would be amazing whereas we wouldn't know where 30 will be held until Wrestlemania 29.

I'm going on my own. All three of my mates from work are wrestling fans too (massive stroke of luck) however we'll never be able to get time off during the same week, so I'm just going to go alone. I'll meet you for a bevvy or two if you like!

Archived