WrestleMania 29

JNLister

• Paid Members

According to Figure 4 Weekly, the incredibly subject-to-change working plan is a triple header of Lesnar (likely defending the title vs Rock), Austin vs Punk and Cena vs Undertaker.

I would buy.

Fuck buying, if that's the line up, I'm definitely GOING. That said, I would tend to feel that Punk/Austin will be saved for the next time they take it into Texas. I think we will more likely see Rock/Cena II (or by then III?) and Lesnar/Taker in the former's final WWE match for the time being.

Personally I can see them setting up Cena / Rock II with the title on the line and Lesnar vs. Triple H.

Of course this is all far too soon to tell really and I bet the majority "tentative cards" on the internet have been pulled out of the bottoms of "Newz Journalists".

However if they do go for that lineup, it would be incredible.

• Paid Members

Is Austin vs Punk a real possibility? Seems like talk of Austin having one final match has went on for years now. I'd love to see it but the longer it doesn't happen the window's surely closing.

Lesnar vs Triple H would be great. Did they ever have a singles match in Lesnar's first run? I know they had a 3 way with The Rock on that Global Warning show.

Total off the top of my head bollocks here and I highly doubt all these will happen but...

Lesnar vs Triple H

Taker vs Cena

Rock vs HBK

Austin vs Punk

Imagine that for a Wrestlemania.

It's 4 old guys/part timers in the 3 main events.

What exactly is the purpose of doing Rock vs Brock for the title? Neither will be around for the rest of the year.

They should be aiming to get more of their regular roster over to the point where they can headline WM.

Logically Cena would have to beat Taker, and end the streak, because Punk isn't beating Austin, and you can't very well have only 2 regular guys in the main events and both lose.

It's 4 old guys/part timers in the 3 main events.

What exactly is the purpose of doing Rock vs Brock for the title? Neither will be around for the rest of the year.

They should be aiming to get more of their regular roster over to the point where they can headline WM.

Logically Cena would have to beat Taker, and end the streak, because Punk isn't beating Austin, and you can't very well have only 2 regular guys in the main events and both lose.

I hear what you saying, but your can't deny that a Mania of Brock / Rock, Taker / Cena and Austin / Punk wouldn't be super exciting and sell a shit load of PPVs. More so than say (for example) a card of WWE Title: Cena / Ziggler and World Title: Punk / Rhodes.

However I agree that Brock / Rock would seem pointless IF both are leaving shortly after. Which is why I see Cena / Rock II happening instead.

*Also why wouldn't Punk beat Austin?

According to Figure 4 Weekly, the incredibly subject-to-change working plan is a triple header of Lesnar (likely defending the title vs Rock), Austin vs Punk and Cena vs Undertaker.

I would buy.

I went for something like that the other night on Fb, and got roundly shat on, didnt suggest Austin vs Punk though. . I reckon Cena vs The Undertaker would be a scorcher, if Undertaker hasn't called it a day, with HHH/Michaels. Hence them all leaving together as 'end of an era' means they are all gone permanently.

Lesnar vs Rock would be a star attraction, it doesnt need the title though. Part timers holding and feuding over the belt devalues it even further, than it already is and its already pretty worthless imho. I suspect Rock vs Cena rematch, maybe the Summer Slam main event, with Lesnar getting involved afterwards to set up Mania if things were to go that way.

Really cant see what Austin vs Punk achieves though. It would get lost with any combination of the four wrestlers above and would again cause problems for the rest of the roster as they wouldnt clearly be good enough to step up come Mania time which is a shame. Surely that would be held back for a different Mania as would get lost in the mix if it was all together?

• Paid Members

I'm already planning on going regardless after missing out this year. I did go last year, and despite it not being that great a 'Mania the whole experience is fantastic, especially if you get the chance to do some extra non-wrestling related stuff.

Cena/Undertaker would be an epic way for Undertaker to bow out, win or lose. I think realistically now there's only one man who could possibly end the streak and it's Cena. He's also the only guy who would sustain the "what if" factor going into it. The beauty of streak matches is that when the time actually comes for the match, you throw your pre-conceptions at the door and get sucked in to it, but with Cena you wouldn't know what to pre-concieve in the build-up at all.

Brock/Rock would be a belter too, and it doesn't nessacrily have to be for the title. If it is however, assuming Brock doesn't stick around for longer than a year, the trasitioning of the title to Rock would be a grand Wrestlemania moment in itself. My only query is what happens to the title after Wrestlemania. How does Rock go about defending it? Does he come back for a PPV once a month or something?

Austin/Punk would also be a dream match. The script going into it also writes itself, and the back and forth promos have some wonderful potential. It'd likely see Punk go heel with the returning Austin sure to get a massive reaction for his return to the ring.

I love the idea of those guys involved but it would be good if they did an unofficial 'era vs era' thing to give the rub to newer guys,

I know some will jump down my throat about this that these guys are'nt real stars, who cares about after mania as long as the show is great etc

Any combo of Punk, Cena, Orton, Sheamus vs Lesnar, Rock, Austin, HHH

They could push whoever they want over the next year to get them ready, looking at it now ofcourse you'd think he wouldnt even get the match on Raw but someone like Ziggler vs Taker could elevate him (in theory) and post mania

• Paid Members

As awesome as that is, it seems like a waste of Steve Austin. Meltzer was saying yesterday, the plan is for Lesnar to win the title and for him to defend it against The Rock at 'Mania. That means Austin/Punk will be the third main event - can't see Austin wanting that.

• Paid Members

I would buy.

I would buy too. If that still leaves the prospect of a Triple H match, it's gonna be stacked.

Archived