Internet dating etiquette

martinQblank

Its all a bit odd really, probs links back into my original post. Since said second date have been in regular contact, with her texting me first usually. However nothing ever seems to move forward, stays arpund the hi how are you? What are you up to territory. I asked her if she wanted to meet again and if so when - was told she def wanted to meet, but wouldnt be for a week or so as is busy.Think of just drawing a line under it really - starting to see why she was on the net in the first place!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're really interested in this girl then all I would do is tell her you like her, you want to see her more but you're getting the impression that she doesn't feel the same. She'll hopefully return the honesty and tell you how she feels. If she says she is just busy at the moment but would like to see you again, give it a week and ask her out on a date again. If she replies with an excuse to not go, just say that it obviously isn't going anywhere and wish her luck with all her future endeavours.

An update for anyone who is interested: asked her out, went on a second date went really well again, with her making first move. So all looks good.

Given the context of the rest of your posts, I presume the 'first move' was a desperate scramble for the pepper spray...?

• Paid Members

Don't give up now. You have to give it three dates. It's the magic number 3 where the rules change and considering she's trying to make you wait a bit longer for that 3rd date then i'm certain 3rd date rules apply here.I almost dabbled once, at a period where i was by no means after anything serious but being pretty bored by my surroundings at the time and the folk that it contained, felt like meeting a lot of new people from all different walks of life and thought i'd get right into some no strings attached dating. Somewhat intrigued by it all and thinking it may well actually be a decent way of meeting some decent girls you might actually have some interest in rather than the morons that i see out and about. That and to see if there actually is any tidys on there. And i've nothing against meeting chicks through the interweb, having had a substantial long-term relationship that spawned from some fan forum of some sort.I never actually bothered with a full-on membership though, requiring a subscription, realizing that would be a ridiculous thing for someone as dashing as myself to do. Turns out though, there's a whole host of attractive women on these things and that black chicks are absolutely dripping for some ShortOrders.

• Moderators

I'm planning on giving this a go at some point when I actually bother to sort that shit out... It seems these days I just don't have as much free time as I used and as such don't go out as much. Seems like it makes sense to get some of the leg work done up front - I wouldn't call someone in to the office without seeing their CV and having a first round phone interview so why should this be any different? Hah.. Also motivated by tales from this dude who I used to work with who used these sites a lot. And, for reference, he was a rather dashing and charismatic guy.

Thoughts on this guys-- had a date with her for tomorrow. Checked earlier in week and all okay, sent her a text yesterday to confirm where to meet so I can arrange restaurant booking, heard nothing back. No texts since either. Don't want to seem like a desperado so do I text her again or just wait to hear from her - annoying as I can't arrange something else while I wait on.

• Moderators

Sever. Move on.

I had a bird do this recently, seemed all about me, then just stopped replying to texts. Chasing after is either desperate/them playing games. Either way, sever.

As the Geto Boys said: "Are you the type who wont put a ho in front of a trigga? Then you's a ho assed nigga".

Archived