UFC on Fuel TV: Gustaffson vs. Silva

Egg Shen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

gustafsson-silva-2_large.jpg

205 lbs.: Alexander Gustafsson (205) vs. Thiago Silva (205)

185 lbs.: Brian Stann (185) vs. Alessio Sakara (186)

170 lbs.: Paulo Thiago (170) vs. Siyar Bahadurzada (170)

135 lbs.: Brad Pickett (136) vs. Damacio Page (135)

145 lbs.: Dennis Siver (145)* vs. Diego Nunes (146)

170 lbs.: DaMarques Johnson (171) vs. John Maguire (170)

145 lbs.: Jason Young (145) vs. Eric Wisely (145)

170 lbs.: Papy Abedi (171) vs. James Head (170)

205 lbs.: Cyrille Diabate (206) vs. Tom DeBlass (205)

185 lbs.: Francis Carmont (186) vs. Magnus Cedenblad (185)

170 lbs.: Besam Yousef (170) vs. Simeon Thoresen (170)

155 lbs.: Yoislandy Izquierdo (155) vs. Reza Madadi (155)

Siver missed weight at the first attempt.

Tonight I have Gustaffson winning but Silva is by no means a dud. The past month UFC programming has been based around the 2 TUF shows so it will be nice to see some ranked and world class fighters fight before a massive crowd. The main event is worthy of its spot.

I like Gustaffson to use his reach and size to control Silva and win on points or by TKO, however Silva is a vicious bastard who showed he had nasty GnP and decent enough wrestling against Vera who on paper had better wrestling credentials. Yes, Silva was full on juice for that fight but he still it was a brutal pounding.

Silva may offer a onslaught early and try and overwelm Gustaffson, but I think his best chance is try to bully him like he did Vera by takedowns and GnP, I do not see that happening in all likelyhood and think Gustaffason will win most of the stand up exchanges and the fight will barely go to the ground.

Great Fight

Great performance from Brad Picket.

Anyone thing John Maquire is in the wrong division he did have that belly fat and if he wanted could make 155lb?

Wow Joe Rogan looks daft bald, he looks like Kerwin White

I bet Ken-Flo is backing Gustaffson we all know Ken-Flo's thoughts of people on PED's

• Paid Members
I was thinking he was told to try and get stuff like that in. Just as reminders for the next week.

Yeah they've always used the free shows to promote PPV but it was just shit tonight, literally every other line Goldberg was coming out with was a comparisson between Gustattson and Jones which apart from the lanky frame is minimal

Archived