The Undertaker...

Teedy Kay

Asked my girlfriend for 5 wrestlers. First name out of her mouth Ricky Martin. This game is bollocks.

There is a wrestler called Ricky Martin.

Apprentice-2012-Ricky-Martin-590x350.jpg

Yeah I know and so does she. Does that put him in the running for top 5 of all time?

There is no way to conclusively judge this era to era so let's just say Hogan's the man and leave it at that. He took it global where those before him hadn't and those after him were standing on the shoulders of giants.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Yeah I think the general feeling is that Bruno was super over due to the massive population in the area's where he was a draw. But not only did they have millions more people but a shitload of them were Italian.

Move anywhere else in the country however and they either didnt know him or didnt like him because his style was so different.

He cant even be compared to a Ric Flair who drew all over the country, let alone Steve Austin who drew internationally.

I'm pretty sure a few years ago Lister posted Meltzers top 5 draws of all time and Sammartino was number 1 ahead of Hulk Hogan. Fuck knows how he works it out, but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that right. Maybe someone else can shed some light on it?

Also :D pity, that is so spot on! Wrestling stepped up a lot once they made more of an effort to stop being just a bunch of "competative" matches. Although I think in WWE's case they may have moved a little too far the other way these days :/

Archived