Breakfast Club

Nexus

• Paid Members

What do you chaps enjoy for breakfast?

I ask because mine varies wildly.

As I'm currently home from uni, the fridge always has bacon in it, so when I'm home I have warm crusty rolls with fried, really crispy bacon and tomato sauce.

When I'm at uni it tends to be whatever I can grab on the way to school, so usually a cereal bar or flapjack or something, or I don't have anything at all.

How do you like your bacon? Mine has to be fried, and it has to be crispy. Can't be doing with chewy bacon.

• Paid Members

I don't like my bacon too crispy, today my breakfast was a bacon baguette, it varies, sometimes I'll have cereal or ready brek. At the weekends it's usually a roll and square slice.

• Paid Members

One other thing: Tea, coffee, fruit juice, hot chocolate or something else? For me it depends on where I am and what I can be bothered to make. I prefer tea though.

Also as a student the occasional leftover pizza/chinese for breakfast is a nice treat.

• Paid Members

Coffee with a bowl of natural yoghurt, some honey & chopped nuts every weekday. On the weekend I'm more likely to actually cook something, my hangover brunch of choice is devilled kidneys with scrambled eggs & mushrooms. If I'm not cooking or in a hotel then it's 'eggs benedict' every time.

• Moderators

wtf is a devilled kidney? Sounds a bit ostentatious to me..

My weekend breakfast is almost always eggs. Generally scrambled or an omlette with whatevers in the fridge chucked in and some english muffins.

Weekdays vary wildly depending on whether I'm staying at my folks' or at mine, and whether I'm working in London or elsewhere. After being a real cereal every morning kinda guy my whole life lately I've been getting lazier to eat before leaving home, and find myself just picking something up on the way in. Tends to be either an egg & bacon baguette or a Ham & Cheese croissant from Pret.

Bacon, mostly bacon. With Egg (fried,scrambled, poached, whatever) , with Sausage, on bread, on toast, on baguettes, on croissants, I dont mind as long as it's bacon.

Occasionally I will have a bowl of cereal, but I cant go too long without bacon of some description.

• Moderators
I just have a couple of brown bread sandwiches filled with whatever meat is lying around. I couldn't face eating breakfast cereals at breakfast. A bit odd.

Whereas sandwiches for breakfast, completely sane.

I don't eat breakfast. Never have. I never get hungry until the early afternoon anyway, so you can stick all this "most important meal of the day blah blah" guff.

Archived