XWA War on the Shore VIII - Saturday May 12 2012

Victor Is God

XWA WAR ON THE SHORE VIII: PRE-SHOW PRESS CONFERENCE

A huge pre-show press conference will be held on the afternoon of XWA War on the Shore VIII where the participants in the main event on Saturday, May 12 will stare down and state their case for why they will win the Biggest Match in British Wrestling This Year.

XWA British Heavyweight Champion Johnny Phere and his challenger Stixx will be special guests at the press conference to be held in the Arndale Centre, Morecambe, at 2pm on May 12.

The press conference will be hosted by XWA promoter Greg Lambert and is bound to be a tense affair just hours before Phere and Stixx clash in an eagerly anticipated matchup between the Unstoppable Champion and the Unbeatable Challenger!

Both Johnny and Stixx will be available to sign autographs and pose for photos with fans after the press conference, which is being held as part of the Morecambe Day celebrations in the town.

Everybody is welcome.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is XWA's response to Johnnie Brannigan's announcement of yesterday...

533444_10150690685605108_635295107_10004700_367578402_n.jpg

XWA promoter Greg Lambert says on the XWA Facebook group: "Hi Johnnie. Your own dressing room? You've got it. Shrimps? No problem. Eight free tickets? Pushing your luck. Apologise to me? Here's your chance..."

XWA WAR ON THE SHORE VIII: XWA-GPW SHOWDOWN!

Thursday, 26 April 2012 20:38

On Saturday May 12, the promoters of XWA and GPW will meet face-to-face inside the Morecambe ring in an attempt to settle their differences. What will happen? Get your tickets now to find out...

This situation escalated quickly this week after Johnnie Brannigan - better known as longtime GPW wrestler Heresy - released a YouTube video revealing himself as the owner of XWA's Wigan-based rivals Grand Pro Wrestling. This was in response to XWA owner Greg Lambert's demand for a public face-to-face apology following GPW talent's recent violent actions towards XWA double champion Jynkz and his non-wrestler brother Dean at XWA Goldrush.

In the message, Brannigan said that he agreed with Lambert on one thing: the war of words and miscommunications between the two promotions has got to stop for the good of the North West wrestling scene. So Johnnie said that he was prepared to meet Greg at XWA War on the Shore VIII to try to sort things out. It seemed that Brannigan was offering the hand of friendship to XWA...until his closing remarks, where he made a number of demands including a private dressing room, eight free tickets and even the bizarre, almost mocking request for a pot of Morecambe Bay shrimps! He also made it quite clear with these comments that he shares some of the bitterness towards XWA displayed recently by his colleagues Dylan Roberts, Ricky J McKenzie and Ste "Bin" Mann...

Greg Lambert was quick to respond to Brannigan's video, saying that if Johnnie wants to come to XWA War on the Shore, he will make him welcome. He told Johnnie he could have his own dressing room, and even the shrimps...although eight free tickets was "pushing his luck". But the XWA boss made it clear that if he is to roll out the red carpet for Brannigan at XWA War on the Shore, he is still expecting that apology.

One area where Lambert and Brannigan are united is that both have called for as many XWA and GPW fans as possible, and indeed fans of the North West wrestling scene, to come to XWA War on the Shore VIII on Saturday, May 12 at The Hexagon, Lancaster and Morecambe College, to see what happens. Both seem to want reconciliation, to put to bed once and for all the problems between the two promotions which stretch back to October last year. Both seem to want to bury the hatchet and sort things out, so that peace will break out once again on the North West wrestling scene.

But knowing the tensions that still exist between the two promotions, and knowing the giant egos of both these two brilliant UK wrestling minds, the path towards peace may not run smoothly!

Tickets are still available for the stacked XWA card of the year, War on the Shore VIII: Phere vs Stixx! Get them from www.xwawrestling.com, call 01524 582808 or visit Morecambe Visitor Information Centre. It's going to be unmissable!

• Paid Members

What was the name of that annoying knob-end that appeared on a couple of FWA Morecambe events in about 2005/6? Was it DJ Pep?

I could swear I've just seen him on a Come Dine With Me-style house programme that was on ITV1 this morning. Still annoying.

• Paid Members
PHERE vs STIXX

Who will win?

Everybody's talking about the Biggest Match in British Wrestling This Year.

Watch this video.

Filmed and edited by Bryan Fulton.

http://bit.ly/JhtpvK

I'm not sure about the tag "Biggest Match in British Wrestling This Year", but that's a really tremendous video. Bring on Saturday night...

• Paid Members

... and following DJ Pep's appearance on ITV1's 'May The Best House Win' yesterday... HE'S ON 'COME DINE WITH ME' ON CH4 RIGHT NOW AS WELL :crazy: :crazy:

DJ Pep is taking over TV....

I do have a question about the show, however. Last time, the tickets had all 3 price brackets printed on them, but ours then had 'Front Row' highlighted to show what seats we'd bought. This time, they again have all 3 price brackets printed, but nothing is highlighted or marked in any way to make them obvious as front row. Should I bring PayPal receipt to show price paid?

Archived