Wrestlemania feedback, non-spoiler

Kiffy

I'd say it was the best one since XXIV.

Without saying which matches they were the best matches arguably weren't as good as the best match at XXV and XXVI but it was a better overall card in-ring than XXV (and probably a slightly better card overall than XXVI - at least nothing was as bad as McMahon/Hart was there.

Certainly better than last year.

I've found a couple of torrents, but they're as slow as hell - 1k/s type slow. If anyone knows of a good d/l in this post-Megaupload era, hook up Loki and earn yourself a shout in my sig.

• Paid Members

The top three matches were indeed splendid. I personally dont think the Taker/HHH match was quite as compelling as last years but it was very good. While I've seen Rock and Cena both have better matches, their match too was very enjoyable. Punk v Jericho was as good as it should have been although I watched expecting to be let down, as I felt after Edge/Jericho at WM26.

The undercard stuff all felt reasonably inconsequential apart from the GMs team match, but most of it was enjoyable. Much respect for the performance of Menounous with her reported genuine injury going into that match too.

The only thing that I really didnt care for was the live performances of shit music interfering with the main event of WrestleMania. If Cena is in the ring waiting, why should we then have to listen to Flo Rida for ten minutes? Machine Gun Kelly looks like a recovering smack addict, and what the hell Pop-Puff-A-Diddy-Funsize has to do with anything is beyond me. I wish they'd get over this "entertainment spectacle" rubbish.

The only thing that I really didnt care for was the live performances of shit music interfering with the main event of WrestleMania. If Cena is in the ring waiting, why should we then have to listen to Flo Rida for ten minutes? Machine Gun Kelly looks like a recovering smack addict,

I think I missed the "recovering" bit. :sneaky:

and what the hell Pop-Puff-A-Diddy-Funsize has to do with anything is beyond me.

I agree, that has to be the most random WrestleMania celebrity appearance ever.

No real reason and not even advertised. One of the biggest criticisms of WWE these last few years be it when they were having guest hosts or the PPVs themselves seems to be that "noone has ever heard " of the celebrities they use. Then when they have one that people have heard of they don't so much as mention it once in the build-up. Not saying Diddy would have added anything to the buyrate but they've had legit D List celebs who at least received a mention heading into 'Mania back in the day. Just seemed so random and out of nowhere.

• Moderators

It might have just been a last minute thing... As he said in his intro, Machine Gun Kelly is on his label. I could imagine he was a bit non-commital so they couldn't advertise it, but they wouldn't say no to him turning up on the day if he wanted to.

I still don't know who Maria Menounos is, because I simply don't care enough to have even typed her name into google.

My fucking torrent is now at 98%, it's been d/ling at 4 - 15k/s for 2 days now, so I'm nearly in a position to actually watch this fucking thing!

Machine Gun Kelly looks like a recovering smack addict, and what the hell Pop-Puff-A-Diddy-Funsize has to do with anything is beyond me. I wish they'd get over this "entertainment spectacle" rubbish.

My sister and I thought he looked more like a parody of a white rapper, in fact he had a striking resemblance to the young man from The Offspring's Pretty Fly for a White Guy video

What are you playing at?

Do you just have a really shitty internet connection, or what?

I think my torrent client is arse, basically. I have a NAS drive with a BitTorrent client built in, so in theory you don't have to leave your computer on for hours and hours downloading. In practice, it's not working very well at all, particularly since I got a new router.

My internet connection is, like, 15 meg so it's not that. I'm also stubbornly refusing to leave my laptop on all day to download a 6 part upload from somewhere else. I hate multi-part uploads.

• Moderators
What are you playing at?

I think my torrent client is arse, basically. I have a NAS drive with a BitTorrent client built in, so in theory you don't have to leave your computer on for hours and hours downloading. In practice, it's not working very well at all, particularly since I got a new router.

My internet connection is, like, 15 meg so it's not that. I'm also stubbornly refusing to leave my laptop on all day to download a 6 part upload from somewhere else. I hate multi-part uploads.

Maybe your ISP traffic shapes torrent traffic.

• Paid Members
What are you playing at?

Need to do Port Forwarding perhaps?

Done Port Forwarding, and my ISP swears blind they don't - they're a small ISP and sell themselves on such things.

Archived