Petrol strike.

Pier Six Brawler

I quite sensibly went to the garage earlier to top up on petrol due to the upcoming strike and the place was chockablock, with a queue way down the main road! Why do idiots go mad and "panic buy"? If everyone just stayed calm and acted sensibly there wouldn't be a problem!

Then on top of that we have this woman who decided to decant petrol in her kitchen, while she had the cooker on. She's now in intensive care with 60% burns to her body. People are claiming that the minister that recommended people use jerry cans to store petrol should resign but I can't see how it's his fault.

• Paid Members

The minister should be well aware there are stupid people in the country. When he tells these stupid people to stockpile more than the legal limit of petrol in their homes, he should be taken to task over it.

• Paid Members
The minister should be well aware there are stupid people in the country. When he tells these stupid people to stockpile more than the legal limit of petrol in their homes, he should be taken to task over it.

That's bollocks though. People are always so quick to place blame, but nobody stops of thinks of the thicko who stocked highly flammable liquids near her oven.

• Paid Members

It's all fucking shitty distraction politics. Petrol! Pasties! Paying to have dinner with us! Everybody forget about the NHS!

What's most irritating is how well it's worked on BBC news, as well as loads of people. In fact, those two things are almost certainly linked quite heavily.

• Paid Members

I'd actually respect Cameron more if, when asked about the woman with the burns, he just replied "Yeah well, maybe she shouldn't be a fucking idiot. I can't be held responsible for people dumb enough to decant petrol in their kitchen while cooking."

I quite sensibly went to the garage earlier to top up on petrol due to the upcoming strike and the place was chockablock, with a queue way down the main road! Why do idiots go mad and "panic buy"? If everyone just stayed calm and acted sensibly there wouldn't be a problem!

Then on top of that we have this woman who decided to decant petrol in her kitchen, while she had the cooker on. She's now in intensive care with 60% burns to her body. People are claiming that the minister that recommended people use jerry cans to store petrol should resign but I can't see how it's his fault.

Can't tell if you're being ironic or not.

I spent two hours directing traffic at the Morrisons I work at, because the queue was so long we were blocking the roundabout and the police had come down. Every. Single. Person stopped to tell me how ridiculous it was that everyone else was panic buying when they were just filling up because they really needed it. Two hours, and every last one of the bastards was intent on showing me their fuel guages so that I'd know this wasn't their fault, just everyone else's.

• Paid Members
I quite sensibly went to the garage earlier to top up on petrol due to the upcoming strike and the place was chockablock, with a queue way down the main road! Why do idiots go mad and "panic buy"?

whoa_gif.gif

Fucking hell.

I agree with van dammer for those who work locally, parents driving their kids 300 yards to school is ridiculous and many people could walk into work instead of driving but some people have to drive 20 miles per day to work or need petrol for their work

I am lucky enough that I can work in and from work every day as its only a few miles but my dad works 12 miles away and is a HGV driver and if there is no fuel for him to do his runs he will be sent home without pay, the morons, the lazy twats and the selfish divs spoil it for people who need fuel for genuine reasons

Archived