GPW: "Only The Strong Survive 2012" Friday May 4th - Wigan

Mr. Noble

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As pace picks up for May 4th, make sure you're not left in the cold. Tickets going fast now over at http://www.grandprowrestling.co.uk/shop We have some great things planned for Only The Strong Survive 2012!

In the meantime here's a video that XWA promoter, Greg Lambert demanded, as I talk about my role in the company for the first time.

Not the best update i've ever had to do on show day... both Mikey Whiplash and Jiggy Walker have unfortunately had to pull out of tonight's show due to illness. Both are usually the most reliable guys and if there was a way of them being able to do the show, they would, but neither are able to wrestle this evening.

I found out late last night which didn't leave me with a lot of options, however, I have replaced Jiggy with Dave Rayne and Whippy with Dylan Roberts.

So the two affected matches are now:

Kirby / Roberts / Hayes / Diamond

vs.

Feelgood / Gallagher / Hope / Banks

and

Bubblegum / Logan / Rayne / Kraze

vs.

DDL / Bin Man / Austin / Holmes

Dylan was only too happy to jump at the chance of some measure of revenge against Jack Gallagher after Gallagher defeated him at Back With A Bang. And having competed in 3 out of the 5 previous OTSS events, this Only The Strong Survive perhaps wouldn't have been the same without a dose of Dave Rayne who is already ready to join the fight.

I know both Jiggy and Whippy are gutted to not be able to make it, but that won't stop us giving you one hell of a show tonight! So come and support us if you can!

• Paid Members

Big Benny HG has been tweeting from this show. Follow the action using #grandpro (!)

So far we have...

- The show started with a tribute to the late Dom Travis.

- BINMAN, DDL, Austin & Holmes bt Bubblegum, Logan, Kraze & Rayne, BINMAN last pinning Kraze. Described as "Scramble-like, crazy action and loads of fun".

- An interview sees Martin Kirby and Dirk Feelgood agree to a title vs career bout at the next show on June 1st...

- El Ligero bt Andy Wild with a cradle. "Terrific slow-burn technical match, something different from Ligero"

- Alan Alan Alan Alan Alan Tasker's latest charge, the masked El Oscuro (editor's note: could be Obscuro?) attacks Ligero. "Maybe THAT'S HIS BROTHA!!!"

- Voodoo & Suzuki bt Skullcrusher & Ken Zen with a missile dropkick/crucifix bomb combo. "Well, it was better than last month"

- RJM and Chris Echo attacked and laid out by the Blackpool Blonds and entire XWA Academy roster. "Cool angle" (editors note: for more on this, follow @XWAWrestling on Twitter...)

- Dirk Feelgood eliminated in opening seconds of main event by Martin Kirby. Fortunes reversed next month?

- Danny Hope attempted to cash in his MITB on Kirby mid-match, but was eliminated by Hayes seconds later and retracted the deal

- Gallagher, Banks, Hope & Feelgood bt Kirby, Hayes, Roberts & Diamond, Gallagher last pinning Kirby after a low blow. "Brilliant main, full of story twists and neat pointers"

And we're done...

Thanks to everyone who came last night and truely made the night special. It was an excellent show, that showcased what Grand Pro are all about and we did the big man proud, and so did all of you who turned up. Thank you!

• Paid Members
Big Benny HG has been tweeting from this show. Follow the action using #grandpro (!)

So far we have...

- The show started with a tribute to the late Dom Travis.

- BINMAN, DDL, Austin & Holmes bt Bubblegum, Logan, Kraze & Rayne, BINMAN last pinning Kraze. Described as "Scramble-like, crazy action and loads of fun".

- An interview sees Martin Kirby and Dirk Feelgood agree to a title vs career bout at the next show on June 1st...

- El Ligero bt Andy Wild with a cradle. "Terrific slow-burn technical match, something different from Ligero"

- Alan Alan Alan Alan Alan Tasker's latest charge, the masked El Oscuro (editor's note: could be Obscuro?) attacks Ligero. "Maybe THAT'S HIS BROTHA!!!"

- Voodoo & Suzuki bt Skullcrusher & Ken Zen with a missile dropkick/crucifix bomb combo. "Well, it was better than last month"

- RJM and Chris Echo attacked and laid out by the Blackpool Blonds and entire XWA Academy roster. "Cool angle" (editors note: for more on this, follow @XWAWrestling on Twitter...)

- Dirk Feelgood eliminated in opening seconds of main event by Martin Kirby. Fortunes reversed next month?

- Danny Hope attempted to cash in his MITB on Kirby mid-match, but was eliminated by Hayes seconds later and retracted the deal

- Gallagher, Banks, Hope & Feelgood bt Kirby, Hayes, Roberts & Diamond, Gallagher last pinning Kirby after a low blow. "Brilliant main, full of story twists and neat pointers"

And we're done...

You missed out the part about Voodoo and Suzuki being attacked by THE HEADSHRINKERS afterwards....

Archived