meeting wrestlers in real life

wwffan2

John Cena,Kurt Angle,Mick Foley and Trish Stratus were all very cool and friendly,Cena especially.

Torrie Wilson was quite bitchy and refused to remove her sunglasses or have any photo's with her (at a signing in HMV,not in her hotel or airport or anything!)

Punk and Kofi were pleasant enough,but they seemed quite depressed to be signing DX merchandise for a massive group of 7/8 year olds in a Tesco store.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Punk and Kofi were pleasant enough,but they seemed quite depressed to be signing DX merchandise for a massive group of 7/8 year olds in a Tesco store.

They were probably just gutted they weren't living their dream of signing ROH merchandise for a smelly group of massive 20-40 year olds in a Games Workshop store.

• Paid Members

I met Daniel Bryan in 2007 at All Star and he was refusing to sign "Bryan Danielson" on a ROH poster for these Cactus Jack t-shirt wearing lads. Bryan had a mask on you see, and didnt fancy bowing down to the lads who were saying "loved your match against Roderick Strong, Bryan". He signed the poster "American Dragon", but he wasn't going to just shoot the shit like it was acceptable to call him by his real name in front of a bunch of kids who were chanting "619" at him. He even said "thats not me" as he pointed to the poster. He wasnt being a dick about it, just telling the lads the man on that very poster wasnt the man they'd just paid 9 quid to see at the Sunderland Empire. This Bryan Danielson they speak of didn't use the West Coast Pop as a finisher to the best of my knowledge.

After being a wrestling fan for 13 years and having been going to shows for about ten, this quite pathetically both begins and ends with Colt Cabana.

However, he was an absolute pleasure to meet, really nice, down to earth and very funny. I got to chat to him on and off for about 10 minutes and we got on really well. He said I should train to wrestle, he was probably just being nice and 'encouraging the dream' rather than thinking 'this guy has the look and he seems athletic!' haha.

But yeah, awesome guy.

Only other one is talking to Justin Roberts after the 2008 Smackdown taping in Manchester as I was on the aisle as he walked back, very nice guy, and then before the RAW taping in 2010 where he actually remembered me from a couple of tweets we shared a few days prior.

Tony Chimel was an ignorant prick though lol

• Paid Members

He's also one of the worst ring announcers of all time. I'm glad he's a figure of fun. He always sounded like he was doing the announcements at Liverpool Lime Street rather than a dynamic entertainment event.

After being a wrestling fan for 13 years and having been going to shows for about ten, this quite pathetically both begins and ends with Colt Cabana.

:omg: 13 years? Is that avatar picture you? I thought you were about 13 years old from that.

Haha! It's me about 2 years ago. I'm 23 :laugh:

• Paid Members
He's also one of the worst ring announcers of all time. I'm glad he's a figure of fun. He always sounded like he was doing the announcements at Liverpool Lime Street rather than a dynamic entertainment event.

Indeed. It always baffles me when people refer to him in terms like "the closest thing WWE have to The Fink right now". He's awful. Didn't he just fall into doing it having been on the ring crew?

Chimel is utter toss. There's nothing worse than being at a WWE House Show and his droaning voice goes "WWE... 12.. Now available *reads scipt* for playstation 3.. xbox 360.. and Nintendo wii *reads script* from all good major.. retailers.." then plugs the shit out of the merch stand at various times in a house show.

Doug Williams is a great guy. I met him at a cash machine and he was a great guy. Spoke to him for a while and he really liked the fact I'd known him from his FWA stuff.

Other great guys are Sting, Aries, Gunner, Roode and Alex Shelley.

Met Mick Foley and he sounded like Tony The Tiger. AJ was a miserable bastard. Del Rio looked nervous and bored.

I met a few British wrestlers last night, and they were all superb, as usual. Marty Scrull especially was a very friendly character (though he did scrounge a cigarette of me!). Dave Rayne was also a very cool guy.

Chimel is utter toss. There's nothing worse than being at a WWE House Show and his droaning voice goes "WWE... 12.. Now available *reads scipt* for playstation 3.. xbox 360.. and Nintendo wii *reads script* from all good major.. retailers.." then plugs the shit out of the merch stand at various times in a house show.

Have you ever been to TNA house shows? Borash is even fucking worse! The people seem to eat it up too. I could never stand that little fucker. The best thing he ever did was get called

i met corino the other week in norwich, what a nice guy, me and couple of friends were stood with him at intermission as he took pics and was real nice, talked about allsorts

Archived